List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see that we apparently have no interest in Tomlinson and Sam Frost has signed on for another year.

So who do people think we will be targeting as a cheap 3rd defender?

Picks 2 & 3 are on the table, if Essendon have any inkling that Kako will be bid on early they will trade into one of those rather than take Pick 7 or 8.

Any offer that Essendon make to North or WC we can better.

They offer 9 + Future 1st for 2 or 3

We can come over the top and offer 8 + Future 1st for 2 or 3

So either way you slice it Essendon needs to deal with us.

We will offer them Future 1st + 26 and a later 3rd round pick swap. Thats a good deal for them so let them choose carrot or the stick.

this flippant talk about our future first is disturbing,we either need it for ldu/brayshaw etc,or if they do the usual and tell us not interested,we need it for next years draft

taper down the excitement levels,we have a good hand this year already,lets keep something for next year

badly worded,should have said if we use it we need assurance from ldu/brayshaw that they are coming as an ufa,or we need to use it,cant use it assuming any of those guys are coming

LDU, Brayshaw and Callaghan are Free Agents so we will offer big big coin to get them across. Hopefully our offer is enough so much that the clubs don’t want to match it and would rather take a first round compo instead.

If they did match it and we didn’t have a first round pick that’s actually better for us. We can pull a Geelong and force them to take unders.

Also remember from next year onwards we can trade two years in advance so we can if needed table 2026 and 2027 first rounders to get the deal done.

The back 6 is going to be the big question mark over the side. Our back 6 kept us in matches last year. A fit side will make a huge difference as well but really need a third tall back ready to go.

Yes Battle is a loss.

But we still have:
  • Wilkie, Sinclair and Nas.....all elite.
  • Webster. Very good at his role
  • Stocker and Howard. Quite serviceable

Caminiti
looked very comfortable when played down back. IF Marshall is played more forward in 2024, then with King and Sharman, Caminiti will be available to play down back.

Arie, elite kick...but yes needs to learn the defensive side of being a defender including intercept marking, spoiling and general defending. Plus some sprint training as is a tad slow.

McLennan looks ready to bloom.

Cordy I am not a big fan of.

Overall, I would believe that our backline is still in robust shape, with many strengths.

Webster Howard Wilkie
Sincs Caminiti Nas

is a pretty good looking backline.

However, yes I think the club will try and get another "cheap" back-up ready to play defender this year, and that in our later picks/ rookies may look at another. Cole could be that player depending on whether they land a better prospect earlier or not.

IF we can land this two good mids with 7& 8, another kid at 27 (could be any position) along with Macrae and Soldo and then take most suited with our other selections then that will be a good haul this year. IF we could geta another first rounder with say a F1 swap even better.

Surprised to see that we apparently have no interest in Tomlinson and Sam Frost has signed on for another year.

It'd be nice if we had someone younger we were targeting.

I also hope we back in Schoenmakers next year if he can have a good pre season, looks like he could be a real weapon out of defence.

It'd be nice if we had someone younger we were targeting.

I also hope we back in Schoenmakers next year if he can have a good pre season, looks like he could be a real weapon out of defence.

That is the plan, but he’s been challenged in post season review on how much he really wants it. Let’s see how he responds over summer. I personally think he’s got the tools to be an all aus level player in the future, but he has to become really hungry to achieve that.

Because they have to travel from Brisbane apparently. Don't hear the Eagles or Swans complaining.

Whereas the Saints only have to drive into the city.

I mean how bad are their logistics team if this is still a disadvantage for a professional afl team in 2024?

The MCG is not our home ground but apparently that's irrelevant.

Lol
I hear the swans and eagles complain about that heaps! But take your point otherwise.

This is a draft where 26 has an actual genuine chance of being a good player. It's deep.
Feels like a massive overpay.

26 will drift out a bit later. If after doing that deal and we love a kid left on the board we can trade back in using futures.

From next year we have two years of future picks to play with 2026 and 2027. You can bet SOS is already factoring that in to our plan. He loves to wheel and deal and try out the AFLs newest rules.

I still don't rate Lalor either. If we moved up to grab him I think we'd be moving up to get a player we might have got anyway.
For every argument to move up in this draft there’s an equally compelling argument that we should sit pat. Personally I think we’ll get what we want at our picks and some teams may well offer something stupid on the night. I also have little interest in helping other teams get deals done unless we get a stupid return.

Let them all stew I say, hopefully a few teams will dig their heals in. How I’d love the bulldogs to say get us a top 10 and an early second. Maybe Freo to tell Richmond to go away and sober up wanting two firsts for Bolton 🤣🤣 imagine the melts.

Of course I’m on tenterhooks the whole trade period just hoping we don’t do something stupid. We should get Adelaide’s tourist ambassador and Maclobster for peanuts if we just hold our nerve and let the phones go to messages. Anyone talking goodwill or points needs a punch to the throat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All in on trading F1 and 26 for 9 then splitting it on draft night. 26 will end up being 30 after the bids. Take 7 8 and 2 teens picks on the first night
God no. If we’re trading a future first for pick 9 they’re not getting pick 26 attached to it.

We could well regress in terms of wins/losses and I think most other clubs in the league would bank on us doing so.

Future first and a 3rd for pick 9 maybe but pick 26 in this draft is incredibly value given the depth and could land you a player not too dissimilar to the calibre of pick 9.

This comment will haunt us hahaha
Has some Rayner vibes imo, he’s going to be very good but will he ever be the midfielder we need. If you moved up for him there goes the pick we could have used on a genuine mid as security. Still it’s all on the recruiting team and how they rate them. Sometimes you need to back yourself in otherwise we could use Twomey's phantom and save on wages, brave man who sticks his neck out with early picks these days.

Thoughts on trading 7 to Essendon for 9 and 31? Extra second round pick for two spots back, Essendon don’t have to worry about losing their 1RP matching a Kako bid.

Pretty much what we did last year on draft night with the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
only trouble with that is they might choose the player we really like after the first 6 picks,we kind of put ourselves in their uncomfortable position

Not sure big Tom would make a good coach - strikes me as a great footballer (said begrudgingly as I still remember 2009) but dumb as a box of hammers not sure what he would have done if he wasn't a footballer.
Looks like a Neanderthal. Isn’t.

Bloke would be a bloody good coach and mentor.

We've got Cole and possibly Hofmann coming in, maybe look to the SANFL rather than spending trade capital

Has some Rayner vibes imo, he’s going to be very good but will he ever be the midfielder we need. If you moved up for him there goes the pick we could have used on a genuine mid as security. Still it’s all on the recruiting team and how they rate them. Sometimes you need to back yourself in otherwise we could use Twomey's phantom and save on wages, brave man who sticks his neck out with early picks these days.
Geelong feels like a team that often drafts a name and I have no idea who that is.

Last time we did that it was Matty Allison.

LDU, Brayshaw and Callaghan are Free Agents so we will offer big big coin to get them across. Hopefully our offer is enough so much that the clubs don’t want to match it and would rather take a first round compo instead.

If they did match it and we didn’t have a first round pick that’s actually better for us. We can pull a Geelong and force them to take unders.

Also remember from next year onwards we can trade two years in advance so we can if needed table 2026 and 2027 first rounders to get the deal done.
Theoretically say If we already have commitment from one or two of them it might see us trade our f1 and maybe not go all in on mids in this years draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back