List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is the club were happy to see him go for pick 8
I can assure you they were not happy to see him go, but were happy with pick 8 as it is overs in a trading market.
Battle has been flaky on the since before his last contract. Was always going.

I have said plenty of times, would have preferred him stay. Eight years of development and has just come really good, but the compo was good and the melts from oppo fans, and clowns like Purple just made it a bit more enjoyable.

It's not that l don't rate him, it's that those l rate don't rate him either.
Have a good look at the people who do rate him and that will tell you all you need to know.
Fair enough Scrap - can you give me a couple of names of who has done write ups on him that don't rate him?

Not being facetious at all - I'd love to read the other side of it to better my understanding.

Could say that about Sydney as well if you look at their Grand Final performance.

What were are short of are elite players. We have loads of potential and it is why it is important we nail two elite mids with 7+8. We need them to be Butters and Rozee types together and both to make it.
However as shown with a bottom four midfield, we are competitive against most top eight team with our list healthy and nowhere near 8 players off. that is North and WCE territory.

Realistically we'd probably be lucky to get a single star out of the one draft even with the picks available. You might be disappointed if that's a pass mark. You just need to get a one A grade to elite player and some good best 22 players every draft to stay on course at list building. If you nail a few you are over achieving. Hopefully we do that.

Battle compo raises the stakes a bit but it's gamble and on averages probably unlikely to be an upgrade unless we over achieve.

Our midfield is ordinary but was exposed by a huge amount of injury. Steele, Dow, Jones, Clark, Phillipou, Windhager isn't a dream team but it should be competitive enough if you have them all available. Adding Macrae gives it a bit more balls and a bit of young potential from the draft and it's looking a lot better.

Realistically we'd probably be lucky to get a single star out of the one draft even with the picks available. You might be disappointed if that's a pass mark. You just need to get a one A grade to elite player and some good best 22 players every draft to stay on course at list building. If you nail a few you are over achieving. Hopefully we do that.

Battle compo raises the stakes a bit but it's gamble and on averages probably unlikely to be an upgrade unless we over achieve.

Our midfield is ordinary but was exposed by a huge amount of injury. Steele, Dow, Jones, Clark, Phillipou, Windhager isn't a dream team but it should be competitive enough if you have them all available. Adding Macrae gives it a bit more balls and a bit of young potential from the draft and it's looking a lot better.
With 7 and 8 you would want two that were as least as good as Wilson as the worst and Pou as the best. We should be able to nail two extremely good mids that will add to the overall strength of the midfield.

As you say the above current mids IF FIT are quite competitive, add Macrae and we are looking even a bit better. With two developing mids plus Pou, plus Wilson, plus Windy developing we are in a fairly robust state.

And as I said in my initial post, we are not 7 to 8 players off top four.

I heard somewhere that they want Xavier Lindsay.
I reckon Lindsay will be gone before their picks. Travaglia played for their VFL team earlier in the year. Feel like Hotton suits their needs in terms of a game-winning forward-half player. Trainor as a 3rd tall for when McGovern retires might be an option too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with the trade of pick 14, I would absolutely be going hell for leather for pick 9 even if it costs overs.

Having 7+8+9 with WCE and Richmond scrambling could be the biggest opportunity we have had at the draft since Rooey and Kosi was drafted.

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the limited I’ve read he’s a pressure small forward. Has he got any runs on the board as a goal kicker?
Forward pressure is very important but the equally important element is ability to be goal kicker and constant threat
He's basically Collard, maybe not as mercurial

X-factor, goalkicker and athletic. Also good overhead. Just allegedly not a hard worker and not committed enough

Hopefully returning home and playing alongside Nas, Windy, Owens in that similar age bracket and seeing the meaning of hard work can help him get back on track

ALSO, he is a former teammate of Xavier Lindsay's ;)

Last edited:
From the limited I’ve read he’s a pressure small forward. Has he got any runs on the board as a goal kicker?
Forward pressure is very important but the equally important element is ability to be goal kicker and constant threat
Manlet, unproven, started as a defender and thrown forward for some type of value for the wasted pick.

Anyway why do we need a reject small forward when we are drafting Kako @ pick 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back