List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Manlet, unproven, started as a defender and thrown forward for some type of value for the wasted pick.

Anyway why do we need a reject small forward when we are drafting Kako @ pick 8?
He won't get a game either. I wouldn't play him over Higgins, Butler or Collard, and even though they'll play midfield minutes this year I'd still prefer Garcia Pou and Henry playing the small forward/HF roles when they rotate

i really don't understand why hawthorn traded that pick... does anyone get the logic?

I can't fathom it either. They still need to build so getting out of this years' draft and into the next seems weird.

Briefly thought about whether it might also include a handshake agreement about getting a delisted player but the only one that comes to mind is Owies; and Hawks have that covered with Ginnivan / Watson. Very strange.

i really don't understand why hawthorn traded that pick... does anyone get the logic?

It was a good deal. Pick 14 this year for what will likely be a similar pick next year and a 2nd rounder. Also they just got Battle in, if the Barrass deal falls through it's hardly the end of the world. They kind of grabbed the Eagles by the grapes here.

Future first is more desirable for WC to get involved in Warner discussions next year, so opens up the Barrass deal. Also a bit of a "stop wasting time" wake up call for WC given the Hawthorn offer that was on the table for a bit

Secondary benefit although not related to Hawthorn's decision to trade 14, it allows WC to get away from the Richmond demand for pick 14 for Baker which is a great result for them

I suspect this means though that Baker now stays at Richmond for one more year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing the hawks/Blues deal was beneficial for both.
The blues will use 14 to go after Houston I assume and the hawks will on trade the blues future first to the Eagles for Barrass that’s how I read it with maybe something extra.
So in effect they kind of using that 14 for Barass just going via Carlton and gaining a future 2nd on top.

Hawthorn trading that pick and that journos brag saying you snooze you lose reminds me so much of our pursuit and eventual overpayment of Brad Hill.
Still don't understand how people are saying we overpaid for Brad Hill. He has been excellent for the past three years and we get another three from him. Has been fantastic for the indigenous kids as well.

We needed to get 5 in in that draft, 4 of whom are still regular seniors players, all of whom were recontracted.
I know it an easy line but history has shown that Paddy (not retired) Doogs, Butler, Jones and Hill would have been way more valuable than Acres a first rounder and a bunch of junk picks. We went really well with the draft hand we had to get those 5 players in and Ronnie Byrnes who is still a regular senior player.

He won't get a game either. I wouldn't play him over Higgins, Butler or Collard, and even though they'll play midfield minutes this year I'd still prefer Garcia Pou and Henry playing the small forward/HF roles when they rotate
He will get a game, severely under rating this kid. Our head recruiter liked him enough to drop a top 20 pick on. As a DFA he is a great pick up, Butler isn't going to be around forever. could say the same about a young rookie listed steven milne, unproven, manlet bla bla bla

5 min before trade deadline ends

SOS: Well, David, I think we did pretty well landing Pick 9 in addition to pick 7 and 8.
Mission: I agree, SOS. Damn good trade period for the Saints.
SOS:....wait...weren't we meant to talk to Dogs about Macrae and Port about Soldo.
Mission:....
And the reply

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

He will get a game, severely under rating this kid. Our head recruiter liked him enough to drop a top 20 pick on. As a DFA he is a great pick up, Butler isn't going to be around forever. could say the same about a young rookie listed steven milne, unproven, manlet bla bla bla
List clogger

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back