List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the Hawks be going after Barrass and Battle? If Battle was signing back with us I’m not sure why he wouldn’t have already signed. I’m not sure I see the point of waiting until the end of the season. Stress he probably doesn’t need.

Would the Hawks be going after Barrass and Battle? If Battle was signing back with us I’m not sure why he wouldn’t have already signed. I’m not sure I see the point of waiting until the end of the season. Stress he probably doesn’t need.

It helps his negotiating with both clubs managers like the uncertainty of it, it becomes a bargaining tool for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even Jarrod Lyon or Joel Trudgeon. Binns is tearing up the VFL if we could get him too it would be handy. Ward and Hobbs probably worth a look at too. Can't see them getting game anytime soon. Lazzaro always impresses me in the VFL too.

Do you know what was seen as Trudgeon's down side ,he was talked about a bit before the draft?

It would be kind of cool to have brother and sister at the Saints.

That's the first sign a club has missed

The worry here is its another club that would kill the band 1 compo which is worst case scenario.
The article says they have an interest but the dogs are favourite.

Every chance it’s just a bigger story than the situation is.

Also worth noting. The hawks have cap space and have lost Lewis for 12 months with a first rounder that could be in the teens.

Not unlikely they could want both

Just see how it plays out I guess

If they go after Barras then Battle makes even more sense because they’re going to have to give up significant draft capital to bring Barras through the door.
Getting a quality player for cash only makes it a 2 for 1 style of deal.

Doubt Barras moves anyway.

Or Barrass instead of Battle
Yep that’s what I meant.
Maybe the Hawks know more about Josh’s decision than we do….and they’ve moved on.

Hawthorn have Frost and at times Weddle (yes the HB flanker) running around as key backs. They probably just want to shore up their backline with both Battle and Barrass.

Crikey they will be scary if they get Battle and Barrass in, it sures up their weakness. It will be a significant win for their recuiting team. They will get Mitchell Lewis back at some stage, with their depth they will shake up the competition up next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have Frost and at times Weddle (yes the HB flanker) running around as key backs. They probably just want to shore up their backline with both Battle and Barrass.

Kind of shits me if they just click their fingers and Battle comes running up with his tongue hanging out like a retriever.

Kind of shits me if they just click their fingers and Battle comes running up with his tongue hanging out like a retriever.

Hardly.
We've been used on multiple occasions now by agents to pump up the pay packets of free agents that had no real interest in moving.

Nothing to suggest the hawks aren't being used by battles management in exactly the same way

Josh Battle - “close to a done deal” 😞

Last edited:
Really interested to see what we do regarding mature mids over the next few months.

Crouch is clearly done, Jones and Ross look cooked although may be kept on for depth.

Need a couple of bigger/mature bodies to help develop the kids on the track and protect them both at VFL and AFL level next year

Josh Battle - “close to a done deal” 😞

I know the media keep saying that, but Battle has just become a Chery brand ambassador on his social media. It doesn't make a lot of sense that would happen then he'd piss off a month later or that the club/our major sponsor would give that to someone about to leave.

I know the media keep saying that, but Battle has just become a Chery brand ambassador on his social media. It doesn't make a lot of sense that would happen then he'd piss off a month later or that the club/our major sponsor would give that to someone about to leave.
As representatives of St Kilda they’re all brand ambassadors are they not?

Interesting to note Twomey starting to mention Alex Davies at GC is being looked at by clubs......didn't happen to mention anyone did he.

He is ideal for what we want 4 years in the system 22y 190cm & can win his own ball top end draft pick as well.
He’s an academy kids who’s been in the GC system for quite some time, if he was any good they’d be keeping him. I know they have a stacked midfield but does he even regularly produce at VFL level. Plus his size with Pho and Owens already in the side doesn’t seem a great fit.

Also we’ll be drafting mids and we have hotton who hasn’t had a decent run at it. If Crouch is cooked then Ross will probably play on and we’ll look for an old stager to plug the gap imo.

I’m not convinced Battle is leaving yet and that’s fine with me, anyway we’re in a win win situation so sit back and grab the popcorn.

From an overall marketing perspective it makes sense to sponsor Battle considering he is going to be a hot topic from now until November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back