List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trading Marshall haha . Hawthorn will be happy to take ours off our hands again.
Decent free agents are the only way we can get ahead . Get them in for free and trade out others for picks or players .
Even if we pay a bit more in the SC we don’t have any other option. One or two speculative picks in the draft behind gold coasts and brisbanes and Sydney’s guns won’t make any difference sadly enough.
We have to sell the dream of being a Stkilda premiership player
If it ever happens you can’t tell me it doesn’t mean more than a Sydney one

The draft isn’t a guarantee for success anymore due to academy picks and FS + no priority picks.

You can’t keep allowing good talent to walk for a compo first. It makes you weaker whilst you roll the dice.

Success is built on getting a good amount of young talent and then filling in the gaps via trade and free agency. Our issue is that our 1 first round pick is unlikely to change our narrative on its own.

The only way to gain more is by letting the likes of Battle Marshall Steele leave.
Doing that makes us significantly worse.

Therefor your the Crux of your argument doesn’t work

The basic premise is true though. We did it without a plan and now have a backwards list. We have heaps of ring ins and middling talent but still need the gun kids. The bottom 6 is where you get the best access but the middling talent holds you out of the best picks.

Having a gun recruiter that doesn't waste picks is a massive addition. If we nail drafts while bringing in undervalued players from a range of sources it's good list building.

It would be a great year to stay down the bottom half of the ladder with so many good mids in this draft.

Think everyone needs to take a deep deep breath

We pushed the Cats to 8pts down at their boutique dungheap & an unbeaten GWS to 1pt at their soulless middle if nowhere shitpile ..... we should have beaten The injectors and we beat the reigning Premiers

All of the above with one of the worst injury and suspension lists in thr keagye whilst our 2nd team intermittently playing matches

OK we got slaughtered by the Dullbogs .... our 3rd game in 12 days with 2 interstate trips before that .... not ideal but it is what it is.

Now on the bright side ..... our fixture after this weekend starts to get better and we hopefully start to get players back

If we can finally get a decent run without any further injuries or suspensions we know most of our remaining games are winnable with a strong mainly best 22 playing

String a couple of decent wins together and the team will start gelling and the belief will grow .... I get a little pissed when supporters say last year was one out the box .... sorry but thats bullshit ..... we won our matches fair and square and I still think we have much to be bullish about

Funny watching supporters flee a supposedly sinking ship only to return with their tails between their legs when ship starts to sail again

I am backing Ross and the team to turn things around

We pushed the Cats to 8pts down at their boutique dungheap & an unbeaten GWS to 1pt at their soulless middle if nowhere shitpile ..... we should have beaten The injectors and we beat the reigning Premiers

All of the above with one of the worst injury and suspension lists in thr keagye whilst our 2nd team intermittently playing matches

OK we got slaughtered by the Dullbogs .... our 3rd game in 12 days with 2 interstate trips before that .... not ideal but it is what it is.

Now on the bright side ..... our fixture after this weekend starts to get better and we hopefully start to get players back

If we can finally get a decent run without any further injuries or suspensions we know most of our remaining games are winnable with a strong mainly best 22 playing

String a couple of decent wins together and the team will start gelling and the belief will grow .... I get a little pissed when supporters say last year was one out the box .... sorry but thats bullshit ..... we won our matches fair and square and I still think we have much to be bullish about

Funny watching supporters flee a supposedly sinking ship only to return with their tails between their legs when ship starts to sail again

I like your glass half full take.

My worry is when the fixture gets easier we will stink it up like we did against the Hawks last year in our first match against them or the Eagles which we won but barely.

I feel like RTBs game plan often lets the shit teams bring us down to their level, especially if we run into them when our confidence is already low.

I dont see anyone fleeing. Im as pessimistic as any supporter going but im not leaving, the criticism is needed to work through the issues. Hell i just signed my newborn twins up as members and im canning the team more than anyone.

On The cats and giants games theres a bit to consider for the whole year about us.

North aside the cats are way off being in stride (form wise). They look scratchy and theyre clearly blooding a new midfield to mix in with their old forward line. Theyve also had a soft draw so we dont really know whether theyre good or not yet.

Collingwood similar clearly still with the premiership hangover (A good win none the less)

Essendon onwards has been complete shit. Terrible against the bombers, terrible for really 3 quarters against the tigers, terrible against the giants until the last quarter when they slowed to the point of stopping with 1 one the bench and then the dogs.

On form the pies game looks like the aberration right now.

Now we have players coming back, sure, and last year we looked really good in places (and our list has improved IMO) so there is a degree of optimism to be sure but the next 5-6 weeks is going to be critical.

If we dont win the ones we should and the ones we might the season is pretty cooked tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There would be a number of fans on here who would take their ball and go home if we did.

I think if we rate him that highly… then go for it

Bullshit most are so desperate for any kind of win overpaying for a developing kid isn't going to hurt. Most still think getting Brad Hill and Hanners was a stroke of genius and throwing Acres away for nothing was smart business.

I dont see anyone fleeing. Im as pessimistic as any supporter going but im not leaving, the criticism is needed to work through the issues. Hell i just signed my newborn twins up as members and im canning the team more than anyone.

On The cats and giants games theres a bit to consider for the whole year about us.

North aside the cats are way off being in stride (form wise). They look scratchy and theyre clearly blooding a new midfield to mix in with their old forward line. Theyve also had a soft draw so we dont really know whether theyre good or not yet.

Collingwood similar clearly still with the premiership hangover (A good win none the less)

Essendon onwards has been complete s**t. Terrible against the bombers, terrible for really 3 quarters against the tigers, terrible against the giants until the last quarter when they slowed to the point of stopping with 1 one the bench and then the dogs.

On form the pies game looks like the aberration right now.

Now we have players coming back, sure, and last year we looked really good in places (and our list has improved IMO) so there is a degree of optimism to be sure but the next 5-6 weeks is going to be critical.

If we dont win the ones we should and the ones we might the season is pretty cooked tbh.

The old "I'm more stoic than you" Saints supporter go-to.

The difference with Collingwood is they are the reigning premiers and a bona fide top 4 team. If we were a top 4 team then I would say yes to Baily Smith. Have we not learned anything from the past 10 years. BUILD A STRONG TOP 4 TEAM VIA THE DRAFT AND THEN AND ONLY THEN START LOOKING AT TRADING IN PLAYERS AND OR FA'S. HOW HARD IS IT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS IN THIS COMPETITION???
f5828b32cb61339c61c74c6fda47974c.jpg

McCartin was a gamble

17 clubs pick Billings at 3

Allison was pick 26

Hill might be leading the B&F

Clark and Coffield - so many impact injuries

I'll concede 2014 pick 1 was blown. I don't think avoidable recruiting incompetence was much at play in any of the others.

Long over Bolton

but the McCartin one is criminal. just shows how much damage individuals with no real investment in the club can make. they don't wear it for a decade. we do.

This masthead can reveal Thomas will join a state-league football program in coming weeks and will train with the club in preparation for an AFL return. He has also appointed a personal trainer to ensure he stays in elite shape, while also incorporating a fitness and gym regime.
The 24-year-old is determined to return to football next year, with Geelong already making clear it would assess his progress in the next six months.
He can be secured as a free agent by any club, and recruiters are prepared to do a significant amount of due diligence on his progress, but would need board approval to recruit Thomas, given his past indiscretions.

This masthead can reveal Thomas will join a state-league football program in coming weeks and will train with the club in preparation for an AFL return. He has also appointed a personal trainer to ensure he stays in elite shape, while also incorporating a fitness and gym regime.
The 24-year-old is determined to return to football next year, with Geelong already making clear it would assess his progress in the next six months.
He can be secured as a free agent by any club, and recruiters are prepared to do a significant amount of due diligence on his progress, but would need board approval to recruit Thomas, given his past indiscretions.

Il spew if he goes to Geelong.

There would be a number of fans on here who would take their ball and go home if we did.

I think if we rate him that highly… then go for it
Well Gubby needs to spend his time doing something. I understand his role would be to build relationships so that we know the lay of the land and clubs and managers will deal with us when the time comes.
But ****ing hell, only one really good player has shown any interest in the years he's been enjoying Moorabbin's best coffee.
Did he land Crouch? He's been good for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back