List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lisa simpson dancing GIF

It’s a shame Hayden Young is signed until 2027. Stingrays boy, we like taking Freo players too. he’d be great.

Didn’t he train with the club, maybe as part of the academy, before getting drafted? He doesn’t muck around either, can really change angles and break lines with his ball use.

Thinking about it , i'd be happy to pay more than 800k for Stengle.
He wins plenty of contested ball , gets clearances and hits the scoreboard.

We keep saying our forward entries are garbage. The better the forward, the less perfect the entry needs to be.
A guy who can win a ground ball and put it through the sticks is what we need.
Higgins is ok, Butler plays his role but he ain't that guy, Collard could be amazing, but he's a few years off.

We keep saying our forward entries are garbage. The better the forward, the less perfect the entry needs to be.
Higgins is ok, Butler plays his role but he ain't that guy, Collard could be amazing, but he's a few years off.
15 mil over 9 years.

So I started to put together what I think our 23/squad should look like in 2 years time if we want to contend. Interestingly it wasn’t as far away as I thought it might be… obviously lots of water to go under the bridge, but I think we should push marshal forward and bring in a big ruck, we also need LDU and some mid depth and tall back depth. Not new news for most of this… but this is where i see us end up.

JWebs Howard Wilkie
Sincs Hammer NAS
Wood LDU Hill
Marshal Keeler Higgins
Butler King Colard

Big Ruck Steele Windy

Pou (mid/forward) Owans (mid/forward) arie (HB) Henry (mid /forward) Wilson (wing/forward)

Depth - Clark, dow, Sharman, Heath, Hastie, Garcia. Stocker Picks 4+5

Questions to be answered -Battle stay or go, LDU, Big Ruck, Cama in backline (if battle goes), Keeler.

I honestly think we could do top 4 with this team if everyone comes on….

So I started to put together what I think our 23/squad should look like in 2 years time if we want to contend. Interestingly it wasn’t as far away as I thought it might be… obviously lots of water to go under the bridge, but I think we should push marshal forward and bring in a big ruck, we also need LDU and some mid depth and tall back depth. Not new news for most of this… but this is where i see us end up.

JWebs Howard Wilkie
Sincs Hammer NAS
Wood LDU Hill
Marshal Keeler Higgins
Butler King Colard

Big Ruck Steele Windy

Pou (mid/forward) Owans (mid/forward) arie (HB) Henry (mid /forward) Wilson (wing/forward)

Questions to be answered -Battle stay or go, LDU, Big Ruck, Cama in backline (if battle goes), Keeler.

LOL totally making it up in your mind. Caminiti in the backline. Yeah whatever your imagination says.

JWebs Howard Wilkie
Sincs Hammer NAS
Wood LDU Hill
Marshal Keeler Higgins
Butler King Colard

Big Ruck Steele Windy

I like it but probably some open questions on some of the older players. Here's a younger alternative.

Hastie Howard Wilkie
Sincs Hammer Stocker
NAS LDU Hill
Marshal Keeler Henry
Higgins King Colard

Heath Steele Windy(C)

Pou, Owans, Arie, Hugo, Wilson

Depth - Clark, dow, Sharman, Picks 4+5

I think Hastie will be a very good player and Jimmy isn't getting any younger.
Many here don't think much of Stocker while he has OP at the moment, but when fit he gives us great hardness and structure. Hastie, Sincs and Ari are enough offensive drive, Stocks is the anvil.
I struggle to see Howard there too. Still hoping JVE can come good.

I like it but probably some open questions on some of the older players. Here's a younger alternative.

Hastie Howard Wilkie
Sincs Hammer Stocker
NAS LDU Hill
Marshal Keeler Henry
Higgins King Colard

Heath Steele Windy(C)

Pou, Owans, Arie, Hugo, Wilson

Depth - Clark, dow, Sharman, Picks 4+5

I think Hastie will be a very good player and Jimmy isn't getting any younger.
Many here don't think much of Stocker while he has OP at the moment, but when fit he gives us great hardness and structure. Hastie, Sincs and Ari are enough offensive drive, Stocks is the anvil.
I struggle to see Howard there too. Still hoping JVE can come good.
I agree totally, but in two years time most of those older guys will still be in their prime. Webster was my question mark, stocker, Paton or McClennon I think be his replacement.

I also like hastie and think he’ll make it. I think where I was going was to contend you’ll most likely be a little older, but 23 players aren’t enough. Depth is key.

On Howard, I struggle to see how we move past him in two years. I’d rather prioritise mids and a ruck then a mature key defender and if we draft one he won’t be ready in 2 years. JVE has huge question marks yet, too many injuries. I think Howard is one we’ll just have to accept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree totally, but in two years time most of those older guys will still be in their prime. Webster was my question mark, stocker, Paton or McClennon I think be his replacement.

I also like hastie and think he’ll make it. I think where I was going was to contend you’ll most likely be a little older, but 23 players aren’t enough. Depth is key.

On Howard, I struggle to see how we move past him in two years. I’d rather prioritise mids and a ruck then a mature key defender and if we draft one he won’t be ready in 2 years. JVE has huge question marks yet, too many injuries. I think Howard is one we’ll just have to accept.

Paton probably on a roll to find himself at another club at this rate, there's a reason they've tried him in mid instead of off that HBF or BF and with out issues he still hasn't been able to crack it whereas Stocker has.

I agree, I think he’d be a good addition and would be excited to have him. Although, If it’s 9 years I’d prefer if he was slightly younger. Also, it’s not the position we need to spend big on- Butler probably deserves another contract, Higgins is going well and hopefully Collard can get into the seniors regularly next season.

If they can get him and still have cash to keep Battle and go after LDU next offseason, then I’m happy to get him in.

I think the following will be delisted or with another club come years end.

Membrey
Allison
Campbell
Hotton
Ross
Van Es

Can see us trading in a couple of Mandy balls and taking 4 in the draft.

I hope we pay battle. No one worth overpaying for is coming to the saints this off season. Front end the deal and get the man to stay.

I think the following will be delisted or with another club come years end.

Membrey
Allison
Campbell
Hotton
Ross
Van Es

Can see us trading in a couple of Mandy balls and taking 4 in the draft.

I hope we pay battle. No one worth overpaying for is coming to the saints this off season. Front end the deal and get the man to stay.

I think Van es gets another year , talls take a while and we haven’t got to see him develop because of injury

Ross will get another year too

I think Byrnes and jones are gone

Think at least 6-7 go and this is the year we try turn over a bit without being damaging just refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back