List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't go too far the other way and push players out that you want to keep. So far Gresham isn't a bad call unless Collard leaves and Gresham comes good.

At the end of the day the club has to move up the ladder or at least be in a better position with the list than they were when Lyon arrived. His game style is still a worry with low scores keeping sides in every match against us and no real obvious appetite to change it. This is his set up and he will ultimately wear responsibility for the build.

There is no wrong moves as long as they make us closer to a competitive side. At the moment we are worse but if they nail drafting and development it we should be better off.

Taking gambles on the playing list is something that they live or die by. Pelchen had a plan and if he'd hit the right players he would have been seen as a guru. Instead he nose dived the club for a decade. I prefer a stable steady conservative build because we've never had the discipline to do it since I've been watching the Saints.

We seem to be luckless with every gamble coming off as a loss. Like all gamblers you always feel like every loss is one roll closer to a win.
I’d argue the list is better positioned 18 months into Ross tenure then the day he arrived post trade period.

You are making sweeping judgements. The football department has had 1 Trade and draft period together. The coach has been apart of 2 drafts and 1 trade period.

The turnover and development in 18 months has been very thorough.

If we have 2 top 5/6 picks
Pick 26
Adrian Cole & Hoffman + maybe rookie Peckett Jnr ontop of what we have

You can’t argue anything other than being better placed

What do you do with the max king elephant in the room? Keep him and hope he goes from talented player who plays well one in 4 to Charlie curnow. What happens if he stays at the same level.

Would you entertain pick 1 from North for him or parish and tsatsis from the bombers for him. You'd think sos and co would be thinking this now
Not a chance, zero.

Shiel is contracted until the end of 2025.

Even if he gets paid more than Battle for 12 months. He is off our books or re-signed for significantly less.

Battle either stays or goes and gets us a top 5/6 pick. Clearly over his actual market value.

Dan Houston is apparently on the market. If Battle was in a similar position - Houston would provide a bigger return.

Isn't Houston older that Battle? Won't he be gone when we challenge next? He'd cost a good first round pick in a trade too.

What do you do with the max king elephant in the room? Keep him and hope he goes from talented player who plays well one in 4 to Charlie curnow. What happens if he stays at the same level.

Would you entertain pick 1 from North for him or parish and tsatsis from the bombers for him. You'd think sos and co would be thinking this now
Parish and Tsatsis for King??
Hahahahahhahahaha
Lay off the pipe

Isn't Houston older that Battle? Won't he be gone when we challenge next? He'd cost a good first round pick in a trade too.
Thats the point I’m making.

Battle isn’t worth pick 5 or 6. But that’s what we are looking at getting.

Houston and Battle both on the market today (ignore free agency) Houston would provide the bigger trade return

Yep I have to agree

If we have the cap space and it comes with a 1st round draft pick (likely 9 to 12) .... ala the Bowes deal ..... where do I sign
I think 90% of the fan base would.

But the club would need to tick it off with sponsors.

Let’s be honest, there is a chance Oliver kills himself.

He was at Revs ****ed off his face Christmas morning not knowing which way was up or down.

He went to a random house party and started kicking holes in walls.

He does need support outside of the confines of the football season.

I’d argue the list is better positioned 18 months into Ross tenure then the day he arrived post trade period.

You are making sweeping judgements. The football department has had 1 Trade and draft period together. The coach has been apart of 2 drafts and 1 trade period.

The turnover and development in 18 months has been very thorough.

If we have 2 top 5/6 picks
Pick 26
Adrian Cole & Hoffman + maybe rookie Peckett Jnr ontop of what we have

You can’t argue anything other than being better placed

Well you can if we lose a lot of the older guys in 3 or 4 years and need to be building again at that point and never arrive any closer to a flag.

Drafting players has been done and failed before. The only thing that will show us being closer to a competitive side is developing them and moving forward. He's got this year to flop but he'll need to start pushing forward next year or we are going to be smashed for revenue and membership and the media pressure will be intense.

I think we could have played finals this year with a bit more injury lack but in his third year he's had the same time Ratts had to develop his own side. If he can't at least make us exciting to watch and full of momentum it's going to get ugly.

Thats the point I’m making.

Battle isn’t worth pick 5 or 6. But that’s what we are looking at getting.

Houston and Battle both on the market today (ignore free agency) Houston would provide the bigger trade return

Houston is a better player but also older. Battle's best form is still ahead of him. I reckon if you had to trade for Battle you probably have to give something pretty good up. Intercept defenders are hard to find.

I think 90% of the fan base would.

But the club would need to tick it off with sponsors.

Let’s be honest, there is a chance Oliver kills himself.

He was at Revs ****ed off his face Christmas morning not knowing which way was up or down.

He went to a random house party and started kicking holes in walls.

He does need support outside of the confines of the football season.

We can barely run our own affairs. Taking on a player with an insane contract in both length and money with supposed drug and gambling problems would be fool hardy. I see the appeal in getting a potential star but the down side is too massive to take on. I can see him doing an Andrew Lovett the first week he arrives and we have to pay out his $11 million dollars over 7 years or what ever they signed him for. I'd rather let that deal swallow Melbourne's future.

Houston is a better player but also older. Battle's best form is still ahead of him. I reckon if you had to trade for Battle you probably have to give something pretty good up. Intercept defenders are hard to find.
There is a years difference in age 😂

One is an AA and Battle is not.

Houston probably gets you a mid first rounder and maybe some change.

Battle a late first at best on the trade market.

If you can’t see how the club wins …. By a lot if we get band 1. Then nothing will change your mind

We can barely run our own affairs. Taking on a player with an insane contract in both length and money with supposed drug and gambling problems would be fool hardy. I see the appeal in getting a potential star but the down side is too massive to take on. I can see him doing an Andrew Lovett the first week he arrives and we have to pay out his $11 million dollars over 7 years or what ever they signed him for. I'd rather let that deal swallow Melbourne's future.
You would need to be heavily incentivised to take that deal on.

No denying the risk is high. But the reward could also mean a flag

No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 83 games has better goals and marks than Tom Hawkins in a decidedly worse team.
You letting Hawkins go at 23?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are claiming to know the details.
You are claiming they are wrong. Here is some gossip from Henry's dad when we spoke. He said the indigenous support at the club was a real pull and that he was looking forward to settling in and was going to settle with Brad Hill first off. (Not sure he stayed with Hill.in the end).

But nah, Hill had nothing to do with him coming over to the Saints
Sometimes people have some actual facts not just supposition. Funny hey?

You are claiming they are wrong. Here is some gossip from Henry's dad when we spoke. He said the indigenous support at the club was a real pull and that he was looking forward to settling in and was going to settle with Brad Hill first off. (Not sure he stayed with Hill.in the end).

But nah, Hill had nothing to do with him coming over to the Saints
Sometimes people have some actual facts not just supposition. Funny hey?

According to Hill's 250th game interview on the club's socials, Henry has just moved out of Hill's house.

According to Hill's 250th game interview on the club's socials, Henry has just moved out of Hill's house.
Oh OK, didn't remember if it was him or Collard, could have been both. Apparently he does nothing for the indigenous players though and was a wasted trade.

Oh OK, didn't remember if it was him or Collard, could have been both. Apparently he does nothing for the indigenous players though and was a wasted trade.

They all go through the Hill house. Even Bobby stayed.

It’s almost a right of passage and support until they find their feet.

New baby.

Giving the family space.

Don’t like Gettable talking about Nas and Mitch
I would like to think there is nothing to worry about. The only reason he leaves is if he's homesick, and there's no real information that suggests he is or isn't.

We would be stupid not to pay him what he's worth. I assume we will slowly get to a stage where we start to pay our young guns, such as Owens, Nas, Pou etc.

Brad had a very slow start with the Saints, but no question he has been worth the trade and cost. Great player and sets a great standard at the club.

Almost has played 100 matches for the Saints and plenty more to come.

The Serong chat implies that Saints would have definitely drafted him. That’s not a definite. Who knows who they would have drafted.
Has played exactly 100 games for us iirc. This weekend should be his 101st game as a Saint

deleted post
I'll save you the hassle. Going to sign a long-term deal and will be a one-club player.

Max has proven he can kick 50+ goals in a poor team. Also, Geelong wasn't an underdog story full of no-names in 2011. Hawkins was the beneficiary of delivery from some of the best players of the modern era. Spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back