List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the media keep saying that, but Battle has just become a Chery brand ambassador on his social media. It doesn't make a lot of sense that would happen then he'd piss off a month later or that the club/our major sponsor would give that to someone about to leave.
I don’t know if that’s a good reason to clutch on to.

All player contracts for guys around Battles age have marketing and Ambassador clauses/bonuses built in.

If he was staying and had signed a deal and the above was part of it. It would have been announced by now.

Do you know what was seen as Trudgeon's down side ,he was talked about a bit before the draft?

Probably his head

LjSTgVM.jpeg

Do you know what was seen as Trudgeon's down side ,he was talked about a bit before the draft?

It would be kind of cool to have brother and sister at the Saints.

I'm not sure, maybe pace. I think he's a one position mid so less appealing than some. He seems like a bit of a Charlie Constable that looks like he should walk straight into AFL and impact. There is a guy Hudson Garoni that is the best KPF in the VFL. In the TAC cup he outscored everyone and was historically one of the best KPF potential in ages but didn't get drafted. Weird Goober doesn't get another go too. All are very good state league players but don't get a sniff.

He’s an academy kids who’s been in the GC system for quite some time, if he was any good they’d be keeping him. I know they have a stacked midfield but does he even regularly produce at VFL level. Plus his size with Pho and Owens already in the side doesn’t seem a great fit.

Also we’ll be drafting mids and we have hotton who hasn’t had a decent run at it. If Crouch is cooked then Ross will probably play on and we’ll look for an old stager to plug the gap imo.
They have offered him a 2 year contract he's looking at options, have a look at his numbers in the VFL excellent would be a walk up start in our MF & his last game against PA look at those numbers.

I’m well and truly over this Battle speculation, it’s doing my head in. The conversation just keeps going round and round in circles like a looping machine and it’s driving this board apart. I can’t take it anymore.
I’m going to call Josh personally and put it to bed once and for all.
I don’t have his number so I’m just going to call random numbers until I reach him.

He’s an academy kids who’s been in the GC system for quite some time, if he was any good they’d be keeping him. I know they have a stacked midfield but does he even regularly produce at VFL level. Plus his size with Pho and Owens already in the side doesn’t seem a great fit.

Also we’ll be drafting mids and we have hotton who hasn’t had a decent run at it. If Crouch is cooked then Ross will probably play on and we’ll look for an old stager to plug the gap imo.
Steele was a GWS reject

I know the media keep saying that, but Battle has just become a Chery brand ambassador on his social media. It doesn't make a lot of sense that would happen then he'd piss off a month later or that the club/our major sponsor would give that to someone about to leave.
Considering his love for hotted up Holden utes, this could be why he's leaving.

I'm not sure, maybe pace. I think he's a one position mid so less appealing than some. He seems like a bit of a Charlie Constable that looks like he should walk straight into AFL and impact. There is a guy Hudson Garoni that is the best KPF in the VFL. In the TAC cup he outscored everyone and was historically one of the best KPF potential in ages but didn't get drafted. Weird Goober doesn't get another go too. All are very good state league players but don't get a sniff.

Given our squad doesn't have anyone for that 1 position, i don't really see that as a problem.
Constable was extremely slow wasn't he?
Obviously you don't want a lot of players like this, but if he's not damaging, get it and dish it off to the damaging guys.

Don't be so sure.

Bassat greeting him at the race after the Sydney match, most of Battle's teammates getting around him after his goal, him chairing Brad Hill off, now the Chery sponsorship.

All signs of the club doing all it can to make Josh feel loved and part of the club. Nothing instigated by Josh though.

Did you ever have a desperate person throw themselves at you? Did it make that person more or less attractive to you?

Considering his love for hotted up Holden utes, this could be why he's leaving.

UPDATE:
From internet stalking social media, i can see that his partner recently sold her Nissan Qashqai. No doubt Chery make a suitable replacement. ( ie a stupid little piece of shit micro SUV ,based on a front wheel drive micro car platform ).

What makes me more nervous is they seem to have been based in the bayside suburbs ( East Bentleigh )? but have bought a new place. Not sure where the new place is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle was cruising out of RSEA in a Lexus in one of those Driving with Mason Wood video's earlier this year... but yeah, also this...

I’m well and truly over this Battle speculation, it’s doing my head in. The conversation just keeps going round and round in circles like a looping machine and it’s driving this board apart. I can’t take it anymore.
I’m going to call Josh personally and put it to bed once and for all.
I don’t have his number so I’m just going to call random numbers until I reach him.

As representatives of St Kilda they’re all brand ambassadors are they not?
In a way, yes. But's hes the only player getting paid to post ads on his personal account and have the company in his bio. And I think it would be a bit unusual for a deal like that to be struck for 6 weeks rather than with a player who will be around longer.

In a way, yes. But's hes the only player getting paid to post ads on his personal account and have the company in his bio. And I think it would be a bit unusual for a deal like that to be struck for 6 weeks rather than with a player who will be around longer.

Yes that would be some chinese burn if he were to leave!

...i'll see myself out.

Did you ever have a desperate person throw themselves at you? Did it make that person more or less attractive to you?
All the time, and i am not interested. The girls that i have to pursue are far more intriguing.

Oddly, my wife doesn't seem to like any of them!

Ah bless you Chery, our own little Chinese Cotton On 🥰

Last edited:
They have offered him a 2 year contract he's looking at options, have a look at his numbers in the VFL excellent would be a walk up start in our MF & his last game against PA look at those numbers.
Best and only really big game was last week against Willy. Good players regularly smash it at that level, lonie, billings etc got high 30s maybe a 40 from memory. Lonie is playing down the road at Cheltenham in the southern league these days. Anyway I haven’t seen enough of him to put a line through him but I’m dubious he’s a fit for us.

Last edited:
Wasn’t he also part of the media when they first signed on?

I seem to recall a photoshoot with Josh in his stkilda gear leaning on one of their cars.

Ah bless you Chery, our own little Chinese Cotton On
Not really. "Cotton On", is majority owned by its founder. Companies like them can employ whoever they like to do as little actual work as the owner wants. ( Visy was the same ).
If you are a publicly listed , or owned by the Wuhu Municipal Government, you probably have to account for every head, and anything going to an AFL team has to come out of the marketing or advertising budget.

Too many cho’s always looking at what they aren’t or can’t do rather than what they can and how to make that work for you. Newcombe, Worpel at the Hawks and we have some rippers ourselves so they do get looked at. A lot get missed though, bigger teams have more cash and more eyes on games I’m guessing.

Wasn’t he also part of the media when they first signed on?

I seem to recall a photoshoot with Josh in his stkilda gear leaning on one of their cars.
Probably. There is a few photos and videos on the clubs page with multiple players. I also recall seeing Steele, Membrey and Windy do them. It might be nothing but I just think it's interesting he's the only player to have it on his personal account, doing an ad at home and that it's only happened this week as he is negotiating a contract.

Not really. "Cotton On", is majority owned by its founder. Companies like them can employ whoever they like to do as little actual work as the owner wants. ( Visy was the same ).
If you are a publicly listed , or owned by the Wuhu Municipal Government, you probably have to account for every head, and anything going to an AFL team has to come out of the marketing or advertising budget.
Could it be a front and Josh is into something deeper? Maybe recruiting Victorian pollies to the cccp.
Something doesn’t quite add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back