List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both him and Daniel are on the outer, but still on decent contract.

Wonder if they'd be happy to offload both for a second round pick if we picked up the contract.
I like Gringo's idea of Daniel going back to his small forward role, we don't have much depth there.
No way, Daniel does not have the leg speed to play in our forward line. Our forwards need a high level of sprint speed because of how deep they position in defence. Need to be able to expose defenders out the back like how Henry Butler and Wilson do. Would much prefer Macrae or Shiel over Daniel, although I'd rather we don't get any of them

If all those these proposed trades occur during the offseason, then the Tigers could easily bring in 4-5 first rounders to complement what they already have draft wise.

Dan Rioli could easily go for two late first rounders to the Suns, Bolton would be two first rounders just to start the conversation, then you still have Baker, Martin and Graham - I believe the latter two deliver little to no draft capital.

With potentially all those picks, do the Tigers package them up and try and creep up the board? Regardless, they need as many talented kids in as possible, because their list is looking awful if they lose the aforementioned players.
And they will be terrible for years to come if that happens. Take a look at their under 24s or so. They have some kids playing now, but they are sort of bits and pieces type players. I can’t see 1 very good out of that list.

Unfortunately we'd have to take Anderson as well. Apparently they took both to try to keep them on the GC because they're best mates.
Anderson should be a certainty to be at St Kilda because board members only interest is improving the club.
Is Dean Anderson doing anything better for us than convincing his son to move?

And they will be terrible for years to come if that happens. Take a look at their under 24s or so. They have some kids playing now, but they are sort of bits and pieces type players. I can’t see 1 very good out of that list.
They have just gone through a period of 3 flags and arguably seeing their GOAT player.

They are picking a direction if they do.

Meanwhile, there is a potential scenario we keep heading to the draft with our 1 first rounder and keep telling ourselves we will land the next big free agent and ultimately end up nowhere.

We should look to be aggressive too.

Yep he just takes an eternity to get there and by that time his opponent is 10 metres away.
Played some very good football for us until injured. Traded to the bulldogs and injured again yet has managed to force his way back into a finals bound side and hold his spot so clearly doing something right. Also tested in the top 10 in the sprint in his draft class, clearly he’s not slow.

I’ll never understand the need to sink the boots into players once they leave, but each to their own.

Last edited:
They have just gone through a period of 3 flags and arguably seeing their GOAT player.

They are picking a direction if they do.

Meanwhile, there is a potential scenario we keep heading to the draft with our 1 first rounder and keep telling ourselves we will land the next big free agent and ultimately end up nowhere.

We should look to be aggressive too.
Well, yes, don’t disagree with that at all and have done so for a decade! More so a comment on the media this week who seem to think the Tiges just slam in some picks this year and then they’re done and all good.

Played some very good football for us until injured. Traded to the bulldogs and injured again yet has managed to force his way back into a finals bound side and hold his spot so clearly doing something right. Also tested in the top 10 ten in the sprint in his draft class, clearly he’s not slow.

I’ll never understand the need to sink the boots into players once they leave, but each to their own.

I beg to differ I never saw him play a top 10 worthy game at the Saints, he is a GOP nothing more. Plenty of players have serious injuries and return to play elite football, he was never there. Sprint tests are a one off test which its relevance are questionable when a player cant back it up in games. Even when he started his career at the Saints his second efforts were really sub standard, he is simply not prepared to work hard enough with defensive intent. A number of players test well, but there game speed is something very very different.

I beg to differ I never saw him play a top 10 worthy game at the Saints, he is a GOP nothing more. Plenty of players have serious injuries and return to play elite football, he was never there. Sprint tests are a one off test which its relevance are questionable when a player cant back it up in games. Even when he started his career at the Saints his second efforts were really sub standard, he is simply not prepared to work hard enough with defensive intent. A number of players test well, but there game speed is something very very different.
I don’t think we miss him. But he was fifth in a BnF when we win a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarry is a firm no for me. Why do we need that contract risk on our books. Then we have to try and turn him round and that's a big if. We just don't need that risk. Could effect our ability to land a whale in coming years too.

Sheil get 100% as gap fill. Watched him live last week, he's still got something to give. Had no support. We'll loose Crouch and Ross.
Goldilocks gone to Cats.
Target Bailey Scott.

Well, yes, don’t disagree with that at all and have done so for a decade! More so a comment on the media this week who seem to think the Tiges just slam in some picks this year and then they’re done and all good.
Yeah look it will be a few year process. But if they nail this draft doing that. They will be in contention before we get there if I’m honest.

They are willing to trade players at their maximum value.

We are to scared to let Battle go and IF he stays it terrifies me what they might try to do.

Richmonds Jack Graham a free agent. I’ve been a fan. Still has a few decent years left in him and I reckon we have never seen the best of him stuck behind a powerful midfield brigade.

Put him on our running program and should be able to play on ball full time. Good coverage for the next 3 years until our youngsters fully mature - and cover for Steele if he gets injured.

Richmonds Jack Graham a free agent. I’ve been a fan. Still has a few decent years left in him and I reckon we have never seen the best of him stuck behind a powerful midfield brigade.

Put him on our running program and should be able to play on ball full time. Good coverage for the next 3 years until our youngsters fully mature - and cover for Steele if he gets injured.
already signed at WC from reports

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

12 possies from 90% time on ground for shai bolton.
He's clearly checked out.
Screw WA- money talks.
Throw a million clams a year x 7 at him and see what shakes out

Was thinking maybe we could pounce on Taranto now that Richmond will probably go full rebuild but he’s just so bad with ball in hand. Almost undoes all his good work and he gets it.

the guy is the most injured player all time,only competition is prestia,rehab departments all over the country rubbing their hands to get him,job security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back