2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO Sharp should be playing seniors now but at who's expense?
Also Brain should be in the senior 23 but at who's expense?
Beecken in one game shown he has what we have been looking for a long time. A running back that takes the game on but at who's expense.
Answerth did not deserve to be dropped to the subs bench, but others have the runs on the board.

So the task for the selectors is to fit 27 into 23.
Good luck with that

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah Chee, Reville and McKenna have been in the bottom few the past few weeks and could make way. Even Zorko has been a bit down on form since the Suns thrashing.

Lots of pressure for spots

Ah Chee, Reville and McKenna have been in the bottom few the past few weeks and could make way. Even Zorko has been a bit down on form since the Suns thrashing.

Lots of pressure for spots
After a performance like last night's it would be impossible to dislodge anyone. As much as I like to see the above get a crack I believe we'll go with NO Changes vs Saints.

Outstanding first game from Beecken.
Encouraging from McLachlan.
Serviceable from Craven.....................
For those who don't have the time to sit through a replay ....... here's a few clips I put together.
(Note: Commentators called the newbies as other players a few times ... )

Luke Beecken #47

Will McLachan #56

Darcy Craven #50

We will have so many options re small/mid sized backs on our list, IIRC Luke Beecken was mentioned as also playing wing, hopefully he gets a crack there in the VFL.

Watched replays of 4 or 5 of his 2024 SANFL games after he was drafted (was preparing an upload video .... that I didn't complete, so now superseded by his debut).

It didn't take long for me to wonder if he could be suited to an AFL wing role - skills and speed evident, just wondered about endurance.

I was pleasantly surprised to then read that he recorded a 21.5 Yo-Yo test at the 2019 State Draft Combine testing (along with 3.02 20m Sprint and an 8.09 Agility test). How the hell did he miss selection in the SA Nat. Champs side ?? (lucky for us, in hindsight).

Early days, I know, but could become a real option to cover both wing & attacking half back roles in the Senior side.

Watched replays of 4 or 5 of his 2024 SANFL games after he was drafted (was preparing an upload video .... that I didn't complete, so now superseded by his debut).

It didn't take long for me to wonder if he could be suited to an AFL wing role - skills and speed evident, just wondered about endurance.

I was pleasantly surprised to then read that he recorded a 21.5 Yo-Yo test at the 2019 State Draft Combine testing (along with 3.02 20m Sprint and an 8.09 Agility test). How the hell did he miss selection in the SA Nat. Champs side ?? (lucky for us, in hindsight).

Early days, I know, but could become a real option to cover both wing & attacking half back roles in the Senior side.
I didn't watch this particular VFL game and was very skeptical of the glowing expectations re Beecken.

Just talking to a few regulars though it seems we'll be debuting him in the AFL before too long.

Apparently very impressive since he lobbed at the club and just looks a natural.

If Noah Answerth is the sub again tonight and doesn't get much game time hopefully he gets a full game in this one.
1718346945993.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back