List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to tell. Mediocre AFL stats but stats are on the improve over his VFL career. Only two seasons in. You just need to be able to see him play. VFL is not always the competition where small forwards excel. There have been a few over the years who have been stuck in reserves and have just needed time and opportunity. Hard to tell which ones are those ones though.
Would be pure speculation on my part but given I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there and the dogs spent a 1st rounder on him, is there a non-footy issue?

They invested heavily to get him and he sat behind arty jones, lachie McNeil, laitham vandemeer and Harvey gallagher.

Not like there wasn’t a spot for him next to Weightman if he was good enough

Don't think he would have got stuck there. Player's/their partners usually get to where they want these days. Think it was more that he didn't want to put Port in that position. Would have cost them more.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Players nominate when they know the deal can get done.
In this instance there appeared an unwillingness from Carlton to meet Ports demands for him.

Fans complain most years about players nominating as it limits the original clubs ability to negotiate a better return & makes the desire to return home disingenuous, yet now, when a player allows it to play out appropriately, he's an idiot? Nah..

Sorry in advance if Liam McMahon has been mentioned as a possible 2025 player but I read on SEN that McMahon plays for our Carlton VFL team and was originally a 2nd round No. 31 pick in 2020 for the Pies. I have heard good things about him as he kicked 45 goals form 16 games and I think the Blues are going to rookie him year. Does he have the goods to make a difference for for us in 2025 ? Thanks in advance.

Would be pure speculation on my part but given I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there and the dogs spent a 1st rounder on him, is there a non-footy issue?

They invested heavily to get him and he sat behind arty jones, lachie McNeil, laitham vandemeer and Harvey gallagher.

Not like there wasn’t a spot for him next to Weightman if he was good enough
No idea, would also need to know their list issue. Sometimes coaches just don't like a player for whatever reason.

I don't know him well at all. I would say maybe team things? Does he not run both ways? Does he not chase and tackle? Does he let half back flankers go too easily? His stats are forward trending so you would think he is going ok.

It probably just comes down to the coach not rating him.

Don’t know why we didn’t pick him up middle of last season when we had a chance to, so yes he’s a chance

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably because we wanted to be able to have Docherty return if he was able - to take a second MSD pick would have been on the back of Doc's LTI I believe. Seemed a strange decision at the time but made sense once Doc's possible return came to light.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry in advance if Liam McMahon has been mentioned as a possible 2025 player but I read on SEN that McMahon plays for our Carlton VFL team and was originally a 2nd round No. 31 pick in 2020 for the Pies. I have heard good things about him as he kicked 45 goals form 16 games and I think the Blues are going to rookie him year. Does he have the goods to make a difference for for us in 2025 ? Thanks in advance.
I was hoping we would pick him up in the MSD, he's quick and nimble for his size.
He's got different movement than most and can make the difficult look easy, all be it at a level below (VFL).
Could be a diamond in the rough type of selection, reminds me a lot of Jarrad Waite tbh.

I was hoping we would pick him up in the MSD, he's quick and nimble for his size.
He's got different movement than most and can make the difficult look easy, all be it at a level below (VFL).
Could be a diamond in the rough type of selection, reminds me a lot of Jarrad Waite tbh.
Yes can see the JW comparison, less physical and versatile than JW but certainly capable both ends of the ground. Not sure he has the tricks to make it as an AFL forward but for a late pick, rookie or SSP worth the gamble.

Tom Clurey from Port has been delisted with a year to run on his contract siting he is pursuing another club.

I wonder if we're interested/linked with the Voss connection.

He is a key defender. 30yo. 193cm.

Tom Clurey from Port has been delisted with a year to run on his contract siting he is pursuing another club.

You'd imagine he's headed straight to the Saints.

Clurey would be a good get for us. Can be that defensive second tall. Get on the phone Voss. Make yourself useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back