List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Room for Weideman or Grainger-Barras now.

Can anyone spot some interesting midfield or small defensive prospects in the DFA pool?

He couldn't run out games consistently at any level. Has talents, but that limited him a lot.

Just gives us flexibility.
I don’t get the interest in Grainger B … his stats do not excite … Weideman I think is interesting could see him being turned into an effective defender …

Correct decisions. Wish them all the best.

Not sure why we need to be advertising that they’re being offered a train on spot though. When will we start being properly ruthless? Also might deter other more desirable prospects from training on with us due to having competition?
Duty of care. Suspect Jack not being offered means he already has a suitor.

We're just too nice. Martin let go.. I'm sure a bit of a haggle with Geelong just for a token future 4th rounder wouldn't have hurt, regardless if we didn't use it... same with Carrol... could of given him to Freo/WC for a token 4th/5th rounder. Carlton is so great to deal with, that we don't even have to deal with them, they'll just let the players go for nothing.

We're just too nice. Martin let go.. I'm sure a bit of a haggle with Geelong just for a token future 4th rounder wouldn't have hurt, regardless if we didn't use it... same with Carrol... could of given him to Freo/WC for a token 4th/5th rounder. Carlton is so great to deal with, that we don't even have to deal with them, they'll just let the players go for nothing.
How do we know Carroll just got no offers? He was out of contract

What a strange arc for Carroll, started the year playing a crucial roll in our come from behind win in round 0, to now being off of the list.

I get that he would’ve been depth and didn’t show enough throughout the rest of the year, but he was still so young.

Some team (especially a team that can improve players) is gonna get a really good one.

Thank you Jack, go well.

What value does a token pick have for us? It gets swallowed up for a camporeale.

Think it’s pretty clear that Jack has enough interest elsewhere to not be sticking around to fight for a spot.

Also don’t mind keeping both the others around. M Carroll never got a chance due to injury and Durdin very similar. The few vfl games I watched this year when young and Durdin were our KPDs I was far more impressed with Durdin.

If either of them can stay on the park they’re worth minimum chips and a spot

It's great to see us getting serious with list management and moving on all the list cloggers.

I don't buy the depth argument as a reason to hang onto Carroll. Had plenty of chances to prove he was capable, never did.

Our midfield lineup is deep enough. We've also got plenty of versatile players who could play in the middle when required.

Duty of care? I thought we were a football club not a childcare centre.
We're too nice in this regard... Everyone could see Mirkov would never be played, but because of his heart condition he was kept on as it wouldn't be seen as the nice thing to do. Martin being let go for nothing, same thing... giving Hawks a few years ago a freebie draft pick for nothing in return. Sam Durdin another retained for what purpose? just to make sure Russell finished the job?

The club could have seen Cooper Lord as the way to go over Jack Carroll. Cooper came on strong late in the season and seemed to fit in nicely with Cripps. This might have made the choice to let Carroll go easier. Carroll also was not signed to a contract. Save a bit more money to sign De Koning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duty of care? I thought we were a football club not a childcare centre.
We didn't want to offer him a contract and keep him on the list. It's as simple as that. Every club delists players, some get a second chance some don't. If the Eagles had any interest they would have picked him up in the pick swap deal for nothing.

He might get a year elsewhere. Why should we haggle about a player we don't want? Wish him all the best and move on.

What value does a token pick have for us? It gets swallowed up for a camporeale.

Think it’s pretty clear that Jack has enough interest elsewhere to not be sticking around to fight for a spot.

Also don’t mind keeping both the others around. M Carroll never got a chance due to injury and Durdin very similar. The few vfl games I watched this year when young and Durdin were our KPDs I was far more impressed with Durdin.

If either of them can stay on the park they’re worth minimum chips and a spot
Token as in we show other list management teams that we are not easy beats in the trade arena. With 2 year trading of picks in next year 4th rounders start to become even more valuable and if we don't use it, means some other team doesn't absorb it to use either.

Someone is going to get a solid player in Jack Carroll. I think it was maybe more of the fact he could be close to more of the same of what we have, like Kennedy was, and want to keep changing the midfield profile. Someone will pick him up. He is ultimately a second string mid for us, I liked him but didn’t think he was a must keep. Will back the club in on this one and entrust they are aiming to make us quicker and cleaner in that midfield.

All the best to the three of them. But in all honesty, I hope Sam Durdin isn’t part of our squad again and we move on to another option as KPD depth and stock.

I don’t get the interest in Grainger B … his stats do not excite … Weideman I think is interesting could see him being turned into an effective defender …
I've seen the Weid play CHB for essendon in the VFL. Perfect build for a tall defender, just isn't very good at football.

I know it’s a different position and contracted v uncontracted but I do scratch my head when I see fantasia on the list and J carroll off it. I would have persisted with jack.
You need to think positional and not individually. Fantasia gets so much rubbish thrown his way but only because he doesn't score goals himself.

Fantasia was second for goal assists averaged on the team. It was his first full season back after injury. He will be better next season after a full pre-season. 20+ goals and 20+ assists would be a great return.

It's great to see us getting serious with list management and moving on all the list cloggers.

I don't buy the depth argument as a reason to hang onto Carroll. Had plenty of chances to prove he was capable, never did.

Our midfield lineup is deep enough. We've also got plenty of versatile players who could play in the middle when required.
Definitely not a list clogger. Every time he played midfield, he showed something. Look at his stats and position played. Can't agree with any of this at all.

We didn't want to offer him a contract and keep him on the list. It's as simple as that. Every club delists players, some get a second chance some don't. If the Eagles had any interest they would have picked him up in the pick swap deal for nothing.

He might get a year elsewhere. Why should we haggle about a player we don't want? Wish him all the best and move on.

Carlton tried to trade Carrol but there was zero interest from anywhere.

Might get a rookie spot somewhere, but more likely than not his AFL career is over.

Don't think that was the reason. He didn't have a contract and I think he is heading home. The club knew this.

Definitely not a list clogger. Every time he played midfield, he showed something. Look at his stats and position played. Can't agree with any of this at all.

I don't think I'm alone in my assessment given we just delisted him and none of the 17 other clubs had any interest in a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back