List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hoped that with Kennedy being traded that retaining Jack Carroll would have been an absolute no brainer.

Am getting increasingly frustrated with this trade period after believing we'd done so well up to the point of getting pick 3.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Room for Weideman or Grainger-Barras now.

Can anyone spot some interesting midfield or small defensive prospects in the DFA pool?

He couldn't run out games consistently at any level. Has talents, but that limited him a lot.

Just gives us flexibility.
Weideman is no good. Melbourne got rid of him before Josh Schache. That's how well he was going.

Really hoped that with Kennedy being traded that retaining Jack Carroll would have been an absolute no brainer.

Am getting increasingly frustrated with this trade period after believing we'd done so well up to the point of getting pick 3.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
Why is it so important to retain J. Carroll? He hasn’t shown anywhere near enough to suggest that he’s a starting afl mid.

Not sure why people keep saying Doc as a midfielder. He's never been a midfielder and now after 3 ACL he's suddenly a midfielder. Doc's best position has always been half back.
He was a midfielder all 2023

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love some of these cut players over the last couple of weeks BUT .... Carlton are serious. We have had enough. I don't know why we persisted with some for so long, but we did and now we are rectifying it.

Quarter of our list ... GONE. The ones that have been or will be picked up by another club ... well, those clubs weren't going to come-a-calling with any trade offer. That's how big the risk is for them and/or how highly these players are rated elsewhere.

Let nobody become too comfortable having a casual game with their mates. Maybe this cleanout will cause the commitment of a couple of others to waver, but if that is what it takes for the rest of the squad to go 'oh shit, they are serious', then what a win for the club.

Every time we sack a coach, we know that the tail is wagging the dog because you can't cut a whole team. But, though many were low hanging fruit, a few have been shocks and players the fans wanted to keep. What a ****ing deep cut for a team who made finals for two years running after a decade out. I stand and applaud the Carlton Football Club for having the balls to wake up the staff, players and fans from their slumber. No more being nice and friendly ... do your friggin' jobs and win football games. The professional players at the club will be loving this.

I think I have to do my part and sign up after ending my automatic rollover.

Carlton Football Club ...

GIF by Team Coco

Geez, we're being pretty ruthless.

This is a proper list refresh.

Club clearly doesn't rate the current list as Premiership quality. Will have a shitload of kids on the list next year & not much mature depth.

I don't mind the approach, but I'm now tempering expectations for 2025.

Would need a really healthy run of injuries, as well as improvement from a number of young players to take the leap to be top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we've let go Setterfield, Dow, Kennedy Carroll in the past 3 seasons who all provided midfield depth and who have we replaced them with?

I know we picked up Lord midseason however he's only a rookie.

So we've let go Setterfield, Dow, Kennedy Carroll in the past 3 seasons who all provided midfield depth and who have we replaced them with?

i know we picked up Lord midseason however he's only a rookie.
Pick 3, Camporeale boys, We still have young players. We don't need to replace depth that just replaces the depth players.

Geez, we're being pretty ruthless.

This is a proper list refresh.

Club clearly doesn't rate the current list as Premiership quality. Will have a shitload of kids on the list next year & not much mature depth.

I don't mind the approach, but I'm now tempering expectations for 2025.

Would need a really healthy run of injuries, as well as improvement from a number of young players to take the leap to be top 4.

Do we really think the loss of Carroll, Kennedy and Owies is going to affect our chances?

Certainly not going to miss the limited contributions of Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank. The rest ... cannon fodder pretty much.

We may have youngsters replacing constantly injured players next year, but at least there will be some fit to actually play.

Not sure how many extra spots we have now, but 1 or 2 SSPs could net us some sort of back up. Grainger-Baras we know about, but maybe Tom Clurey as a backup (injured a lot but nowhere near as much as Marchbank and Sam Durdin), or Witherden as general defender depth.

Do we really think the loss of Carroll, Kennedy and Owies is going to affect our chances?

Certainly not going to miss the limited contributions of Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank. The rest ... cannon fodder pretty much.

We may have youngsters replacing constantly injured players next year, but at least there will be some fit to actually play.

Not sure how many extra spots we have now, but 1 or 2 SSPs could net us some sort of back up. Grainger-Baras we know about, but maybe Tom Clurey as a backup (injured a lot but nowhere near as much as Marchbank and Sam Durdin), or Witherden as general defender depth.
Scenario. Cripps and Hewett get injured. Who is left? Walsh, Cerra's dodgy Hammies and then who? Lord perhaps if we have someone on the LTI list.

I love some of these cut players over the last couple of weeks BUT .... Carlton are serious. We have had enough. I don't know why we persisted with some for so long, but we did and now we are rectifying it.

Quarter of our list ... GONE. The ones that have been or will be picked up by another club ... well, those clubs weren't going to come-a-calling with any trade offer. That's how big the risk is for them and/or how highly these players are rated elsewhere.

Let nobody become too comfortable having a casual game with their mates. Maybe this cleanout will cause the commitment of a couple of others to waver, but if that is what it takes for the rest of the squad to go 'oh shit, they are serious', then what a win for the club.

Every time we sack a coach, we know that the tail is wagging the dog because you can't cut a whole team. But, though many were low hanging fruit, a few have been shocks and players the fans wanted to keep. What a ****ing deep cut for a team who made finals for two years running after a decade out. I stand and applaud the Carlton Football Club for having the balls to wake up the staff, players and fans from their slumber. No more being nice and friendly ... do your friggin' jobs and win football games. The professional players at the club will be loving this.

I think I have to do my part and sign up after ending my automatic rollover.

Carlton Football Club ...

GIF by Team Coco

I love what the club is doing about time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know we picked up Lord midseason however he's only a rookie.

The idea is that all of the players on our list need to have strong propects to become first team players regularly. Once they get older and are not indispensable, or once they have been on the list long enough for us to know they are not going to become anything more than fringe players, we might as well take a punt on players who might.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back