List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

DGB & Phillips real options being considered. Interested in Charlie McCartin

J.Carroll knew weeks ago but hoping for trade. WCE cooled off after being interested

Durdin will be given chance to prove fitness over pre season after looking at options for soft tissue injuries. Much like Cerra

Pick 3 not moving. Pick 38 will be used on draft or moved to Future (is plan)

Do we really think the loss of Carroll, Kennedy and Owies is going to affect our chances?

Certainly not going to miss the limited contributions of Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank. The rest ... cannon fodder pretty much.

We may have youngsters replacing constantly injured players next year, but at least there will be some fit to actually play.

Not sure how many extra spots we have now, but 1 or 2 SSPs could net us some sort of back up. Grainger-Baras we know about, but maybe Tom Clurey as a backup (injured a lot but nowhere near as much as Marchbank and Sam Durdin), or Witherden as general defender depth.

Won't feel it every week but guys like Kennedy, Owies, Carroll are handy depth. If we get hit with injuries, we may feel it.

Also would've been very handy for our VFL program, we need to not finish 2nd bottom again (but fully understand you don't keep players on the list to boost VFL results). But a good performing VFL side puts pressure on senior players every week, if it's full of kids getting spanked every week then that's just bad business for development, competition for spots, morale etc.

I'm not complaining, just think it's a fair admission of the club not rating our bottom 6, at all.

J.Carroll knew weeks ago but hoping for trade. WCE cooled off after being interested

Durdin will be given chance to prove fitness over pre season after looking at options for soft tissue injuries. Much like Cerra

I've seen his name pop up all year and it's bizarre. He's playing well in the Colac District league, literally one of the worst local leagues in Victoria. There has to be way better options out there.

Really hoped that with Kennedy being traded that retaining Jack Carroll would have been an absolute no brainer.

Am getting increasingly frustrated with this trade period after believing we'd done so well up to the point of getting pick 3.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

We live in hope that a club that makes 10 changes to its list, loses so much experience and depth and doesn’t cover them while in the premiership window knows exactly what it’s doing………….I mean, I had that faith in the last month of the season as well.

Won't feel it every week but guys like Kennedy, Owies, Carroll are handy depth. If we get hit with injuries, we may feel it.

Not for me. I don’t want “handy” depth. I want talented players pushing for spots

Improved availability through fitness and the emergence of names like Binns Lord Moir Wilson O’Keefe Lemmey Campo twins, Pick 3 is what will make us better next year

It’s tough but I really like what we have done this off season

The titanic had a better turning circle and probably more agile. Also, find it strange he is the injured to stay on after 2 years of little green grass. I’m sure the club is are all over it…….

Not for me. I don’t want “handy” depth. I want talented players pushing for spots

Improved availability through fitness and the emergence of names like Binns Lord Moir Wilson O’Keefe Pick 3 is what will make us better next year

It’s tough but I like what we have done this off season

I think handy depth is for your KPP not mids. Mids you can over by moving players around (e.g. Doch and Elijah can become midfielders if required).

Improved availability through fitness and the emergence of names like Binns Lord Moir Wilson O’Keefe Lemmey Campo twins, Pick 3 is what will make us better next year

It’s tough but I really like what we have done this off season
My concern is Cripps played every game and got 45 brownlow votes and we fell into 8th place. Lots of pressure on Cripps next season with limited support.

Scenario. Cripps and Hewett get injured. Who is left? Walsh, Cerra's dodgy Hammies and then who? Lord perhaps if we have someone on the LTI list.

I mean, if Cripps and Hewett get injured at anytime, it is going to be a problem. Why stop there? If Cripps, Hewett, Walsh and Cerra are all injured, who do we turn to? We need backup for our backup. Let's carry more backups than actual AFL grade midfielders ... just in case.

But I'll play ...

Cripps
Hewett
Walsh
Cerra
----------
Docherty
E Hollands
Pick 3
B Camporeale
L Camporeale
----------
Acres
O Hollands
Binns
Williams
Fantasia
Motlop
Kemp
Boyd
Fogarty
Durdin
Cowan
Saad
Cottrell

You get creative when you have an injury crisis. You take an Ed Richards from half back and put him on ball. You change things up. Theoretically, any small/mid sized player can stand a man at a centre bounce and provide a contest. Carroll and Kennedy aren't the difference makers here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it so important to retain J. Carroll? He hasn’t shown anywhere near enough to suggest that he’s a starting afl mid.

I understand the Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin delistings. 11 games total combined. All three very injury prone. You can replace that with ease.

I understand the delistings of Akuei, M Carroll, S Durdin and Mirkov. They're all either injury prone, lacked development or both. Sorry lads, all the best.

I understand the Owies decision as much as it hurts.

I begrudgingly accept the Kennedy trade

The way I look at it, Carroll aside, we've already cut 3 players off the team - Owies and Kennedy who were best 22 and the trio of injury prone who gave you half a season.

In totality, it's 9 list spots total.

We've gutted the list of depth which was our strength in our run to the preliminary final in 2023.

Re-signing Jack Carroll was an absolute no brainer.

It's just dumb. A step too far.

My concern is Cripps played every game and got 45 brownlow votes and we fell into 8th place. Lots of pressure on Cripps next season with limited support.

Walsh's back and Cerra's hamstrings created that situation. We have a new high performance manager. We are hoping those days are behind us.

A fit Walsh & Cerra makes a massive difference. Hewett as well. That is a top group

Elijah will improve and then there is Docherty and I expect a bit from Lord

Pick 3 could easily step up and expectations internally are high for Ben Camporeale. Wilson another. Cincotta is underrated

I expect Fogarty Williams Motlop Durdin to have midfield minutes as well. I’d love to see Kemp in there

As is usual fitness in the key

I mean, if Cripps and Hewett get injured at anytime, it is going to be a problem. Why stop there? If Cripps, Hewett, Walsh and Cerra are all injured, who do we turn to? We need backup for our backup. Let's carry more backups than actual AFL grade midfielders ... just in case.

But I'll play ...

Cripps
Hewett
Walsh
Cerra
----------
Docherty
E Hollands
Pick 3
B Camporeale
L Camporeale
----------
Acres
O Hollands
Binns
Williams
Fantasia
Motlop
Kemp
Boyd
Fogarty
Durdin
Cowan
Saad
Cottrell

You get creative when you have an injury crisis. You take an Ed Richards from half back and put him on ball. You change things up. Theoretically, any small/mid sized player can stand a man at a centre bounce and provide a contest. Carroll and Kennedy aren't the difference makers here.
I think it's an overreaction from list management. We have only 4 genuine midfielders on our senior list. (Not including Lord) rookie. The issue is not giving players opportunities when they were performing even with a horrendous injury list. Players like Binns for example. These players aren't midfielders though. Now we're pinning our hopes on unproven picks in the draft. Let's hope we develop the kids properly and not throw them to the wolves.

I understand the Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin delistings. 11 games total combined. All three very injury prone. You can replace that with ease.

I understand the delistings of Akuei, M Carroll, S Durdin and Mirkov. They're all either injury prone, lacked development or both. Sorry lads, all the best.

The way I look at it, Carroll aside, we've already cut 3 players off the team - Owies and Kennedy who were best 22 and the trio of injury prone who gave you half a season.

We've gutted the list of depth which was our strength in our run to the preliminary final in 2023.

Carroll wants senior games and another club is offering him that. They weren't prepared to trade so we look after the player and let him go.

10 players in total. 4 constantly injured players, 3 rookies who never got a game and didn't look likely to. 2 regular best 22 players but not in our top dozen, and 1 fringe/depth midfielder.

It won't be the difference between winning or losing.

How many times do you want it not to work before you decide that we need to refresh things?

I can't even imagine a parallel universe where having/not having Jack Carroll on our list moves the needle in any shape or form. I liked the bloke and hoped that he might step up but he is very vanilla.

I think it's an overreaction from list management. The issue is not giving players opportunities when they were performing even with a horrendous injury list. Players like Binns for example. These players aren't midfielders though. Now we're pinning our hopes on unproven picks in the draft. Let's hope we develop the kids properly and not throw them to the wolves.

The players you are complaining about aren't the ones who didn't get played though. Who didn't get played that you are lamenting the loss of?

Also would've been very handy for our VFL program, we need to not finish 2nd bottom again (but fully understand you don't keep players on the list to boost VFL results). But a good performing VFL side puts pressure on senior players every week, if it's full of kids getting spanked every week then that's just bad business for development, competition for spots, morale etc.

I'm not complaining, just think it's a fair admission of the club not rating our bottom 6, at all.

Definitely didn't rate our bottom 6 and neither did the fans most of the time. Way too inconsistent. Way too many limited role players in the side at the same time. The club put up with this for far too long, long enough for fans to become attached to these players.

Here comes the 30th anniversary of our last premiership. 26 years since our last grand final appearance. Some fans either weren't around or have forgotten how ruthless we used to be in chasing flags.

A fit Walsh & Cerra makes a massive difference. Hewett as well. That is a top group

Elijah will improve and then there is Docherty and I expect a bit from Lord

Pick 3 could easily step up and expectations internally are high for Ben Camporeale. Wilson another. Cincotta is underrated

I expect Fogarty Williams Motlop Durdin to have midfield minutes as well. I’d love to see Kemp in there

As is usual fitness in the key
I got a little depressed reading this … cincotta campo doc lord and a bunch of flaky half forwards as our second string midfielders …. Hopefully cerra walsh acres hollands play well or we are cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back