Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Our health and fitness team has been a real positive over the past 12 months.

However CCJ has struggled to get over his concussion and it now appears he is struggling to overcome the achilles issue.

It's disappointing for CCJ that this is the case but I am very happy with the fitness team - I wouldn't be looking to apportion blame on our fitness team for CCJ's relapse.

We saw what Thilthorpe was able to do with his time off, if Callum hasn’t developed some size, or if he looks the same/skinnier - he can **** right off
Callum was a pretty good size already. One of the few guys on the list who wouldn't be mistaken for a gap year kid on their end of season trip.

Callum was a pretty good size already. One of the few guys on the list who wouldn't be mistaken for a gap year kid on their end of season trip.
And yet, I was sitting behind the right point post down the Latrobe St end on that day when we played Freo and I had more possessions than CCJ.

Has form for mucking up on the Gold Coast though :cool:

This trade is and always will be a sackable offence.
To this day, years after the trade, CCJ has still done more for Richmond than us, according to reports he wanted Richmond to get a pick from us in a trade and refused to walk to PSD. I also think he will never repay us in any meaningful way, would be happy to eat humble pie but seeing no indication of a AFL grade player with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing Rory Lobbs career resurgence after the move to CHB, I’d love to see CCJ at least trialled there over at least preseason. We have nothing to lose
I would like him delisted, sackable offence recruiting him.

Although he did a good job in the game down in tassie spoiling souva a few times.

Funnily enough Lobb had actually been a handy AFL footballer at times through his career.

After seeing Rory Lobbs career resurgence after the move to CHB, I’d love to see CCJ at least trialled there over at least preseason. We have nothing to lose
Fred Fanning's record would be in grave danger.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see how to expect any improvement from him after a ruptured achilles.. hope he can prove me wrong

He hasn't even been close to AFL level before the injury

I don't know how anyone thinks we would get any improvement. He shouldn't be on our list.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back