21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 2
Gary Ablett Jnr.

RUNVS

This was so hard. I decided I wanted a key forward, it being too hard to get a quality one later in the draft. That means one of Hall, Lloyd, N.Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Hawkins or Kennedy.

I immediately discounted both Riewoldt's and Kennedy, leaving Lloyd, Hall and Hawkins and while I tried so hard trying to find a reason to justify Hall, him having a really good average goals kicked for this era, and I also love the way Hawkins plays I could not justify passing this man.

Pick 3. Carlton select Matthew Lloyd.

He averages 3.4 goals a game across his career, even higher than Buddy. I would be nuts to pass over him

theasian you're up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to make it a bit easier

1. Gold Coast WilloTree
2. Melbourne MarcMaverick
3. Carlton RUNVS
4. Sydney theasian
5. St. Kilda Mr Meow
6. Fremantle Purple7x08_24
7. North Melbourne Sphynx
8. Port Adelaide whatwhatsaywhat
9. Hawthorn Guardian Hawk
10. Essendon RedmanWasHere
11. Western Bulldogs PhoenixBonez
12. GWS boncer34
13. West Coast ArdentEagle
14. Collingwood Fadge
15. Cappadocia (formerly Richmond) reggie
16. Brisbane eth-dog
17. Geelong Lingsface

1. Gold Coast - Lance Franklin
2. Melbourne - Gary Ablett Jnr
3. Carlton - Matthew Lloyd
4. Sydney - Dustin Martin
5. St Kilda - Matthew Pavlich

Last edited:
With Pick 5, St Kilda select Matthew Pavlich.

It was out of Pav, Riewoldt and Judd. The versatility of Pav saw him get the nod. He could be the prototypical big modied modern midfielder of today's game, a dominant intercepting CHB or a prolific, match winning forward (sitting deep or drifting up ala Riewoldt).

Despite playing all over the field through his career, Pavlich's direct goal contribution numbers go close to matching Riewoldt - while Pav has the slight edge in disposals and has more seasons of 60+ goals.

He never really got to play in a contending team during his peak. Plug him into one of the dynasty sides and I guarantee he would be lauded more. Not to say he isn't considered a champion, but seriously this guy was in (or close to) Franklin's league in my view - just a different type of player (not as many tricks but still freakish). He was the type of footballing cyborg/Frankenstein you would build in a lab.

Also we are renaming our team after the player we are building it around: Perth Pavlovas.

I realise we are stepping on Freo and West Coast's toes here. There's room for three of us, I promise.

With Pick 5, St Kilda select Matthew Pavlich.

It was out of Pav, Riewoldt and Judd. The versatility of Pav saw him get the nod. He could be the prototypical big modied modern midfielder of today's game, a dominant intercepting CHB or a prolific, match winning forward (sitting deep or drifting up ala Riewoldt).

Despite playing all over the field through his career, Pavlich's direct goal contribution numbers go close to matching Riewoldt - while Pav has the slight edge in disposals and has more seasons of 60+ goals.

He never really got to play in a contending team during his peak. Plug him into one of the dynasty sides and I guarantee he would be lauded more. Not to say he isn't considered a champion, but seriously this guy was in (or close to) Franklin's league in my view - just a different type of player (not as many tricks but still freakish). He was the type of footballing cyborg/Frankenstein you would build in a lab.
Great pick I was seriously hoping he got overlooked! Sliding down to me.

Yes, my next pick is in the 30's and I am trying to think of who will still be available. I know who I want, and he may be available at that pick but it is touch and go.

Also we need someone who wants to be Adelaide so we have 18 teams.
Yes very hard to pick depending on wether people go for best available or best in a position they prioritise.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back