AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we are missing a trick not trying him forward.
Surely from a competitiveness aspect he won't provide less of a contest in the air than Weideman and he provides something different than Jones and Stringer.

I just feel like playing him in defence when we have Reid, Cox, McBride and Hayes on the list is incredibly short sighted.
We might need him as a defender in the short term, but longer term the gap is at KPF

Surely from a competitiveness aspect he won't provide less of a contest in the air than Weideman and he provides something different than Jones and Stringer.

I just feel like playing him in defence when we have Reid, Cox, McBride and Hayes on the list is incredibly short sighted.
We might need him as a defender in the short term, but longer term the gap is at KPF
I think it’s getting to a contest that may be his problem up forward. It’s almost like the move to defence is his last shot considering as you point out the team’s deficiencies are at the other end

I think he was training forward up until the end of last year and then moved back, but it's not clear why he was moved back, unless it was to try and cover injuries to Reid, Cox, Stewart 🤔 And then Voss went forward, whereas I think he was training in defence last year?

I think he was training forward up until the end of last year and then moved back, but it's not clear why he was moved back, unless it was to try and cover injuries to Reid, Cox, Stewart 🤔 And then Voss went forward, whereas I think he was training in defence last year?
Voss was playing and training forward.

Did I miss something ?
Was born in SA and played for the SA under 16 side (captain) and was playing in the SANFL reserves for Glenelg. Junior club Henly.
:)
Was training up there before we signed him as a SPP. He was going to go to uni there, play in the QAFL and was in the process of joining their academy program.

Will miss another week with concussion
Key utility Kaine Baldwin will miss another match as he continues his recovery from concussion suffered in round two of the VFL, while forward Sam Weideman will also miss this weekend with a concussion suffered against GWS.

Will miss another week with that concussion

Looks like he's walking laps with his concussion buddy in Weideman.

It's interesting coz you get this sense of Weideman being really skinny and Baldwin being a big lump of a kid, but side by side it's almost the other way around.

yeah, massive shoulders on Weed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish he'd grow some nuggets. He just needs to believe he's massive and that he's a man now.
It's actually a hard thing to get over psychologically. Goldberg from the Mighty Ducks made it though, so who knows?

Last edited:
Finally available for selection after missing a couple of weeks with concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Kaine! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back