Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 - Atley. Could have had Judd.
2011 - Bread. Went stale too quickly.
2012 - Taylor Garner from the Dandy Stringrays.
2013 - Lmac. Say no more.
I suppose what do we call failures ferbs Atley over 200 games Garner elastic bands for hammies L Mac as much as posters don't like him will be another 200 plus player for us.

I suppose what do we call failures ferbs Atley over 200 games Garner elastic bands for hammies L Mac as much as posters don't like him will be another 200 plus player for us.
I was just shit stirring. McKenzie the only one that was a real waste.

Should be playing ahead of shiels

Can’t have a bloke in our recruiting team next year playing mid over a young mid who needs game time
We finally have our first choice midfield together and they are coming off easily their best game of the year. Are you actually proposing to mess that up and bring in Phillips against the fastest team and on the fastest ground. What's more you want to replace Shiels - who is the only player in our team capable of sitting on Daicos if he gets out of control. WTF?

He doesn't have even half of the tank Shiels does
Or the experience.

Interesting the footage of him with Wardlaw they put out last week. George's best game probably - I reckon it was, up there anyway if anyone doesn't - and having Shiels there on field with him might be providing him with an on field coach so he can learn what to do and what to look out for, faster than if he was just doing it on his own.

Watched the last three quarters on the interwebs.

He needs to up the intensity by 100%

Everytime he came onto the screen he looked like he was in second gear and not giving a shit.

Just jogging between the arcs, every so often would get a posession with nice skills but FMD.....

An example of a player who got by on just talent at junior level and hasn't put in the effort since... yes glandular fever aside

Needs to lose 8kg of fat around his arse and legs, turn himself into an endurance pressure tackling forward.

Where he is at as a midfielder.... it ain't cutting it at AFL level.

Needs a right royal rocket up his arse and some home truths.

I've defended him to the hilt, but their is no excuse for lack of intensity or effort.

Make him watch some tapes of Robert Harvey et al to see what AFL level std effort is.

Maybe he will be one of those players where the penny will drop and he can reinvent himself else he will be gone at seasons end for a third rounder, will spend two years at another side before being delisted.

Pity really. I had high hopes for him.

I agree with seeming to lack intensity, but it may also be due to the intensity level at VFL.

In any event, I would keep him as his skills are very neat and what we have seen from various MSDs is that the number of players capable of playing a role at AFL level is not great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the experience.

Interesting the footage of him with Wardlaw they put out last week. George's best game probably - I reckon it was, up there anyway if anyone doesn't - and having Shiels there on field with him might be providing him with an on field coach so he can learn what to do and what to look out for, faster than if he was just doing it on his own.
nailed it Ferb's. Experience on the field with a young team is gold

I don't have a problem with him staying in the VFL for a while.
Pretty obvious his illness has taken a toll.

get a good run of games this year in the VFL then a pre season and then lets judge what sort of player he is
His illness, from 2022? Lol

I’d be floating a trade with the Dogs for Busslinger who is behind a host of talls at the dogs. Fresh start for both.
I’d like nothing more than for him to stay and succeed at North but if worst comes to worst a trade like this has merit. Although I have no idea what the Dogs midfield depth is like though would they need / want Phillips?

I don't have a problem with him staying in the VFL for a while.
Pretty obvious his illness has taken a toll.

get a good run of games this year in the VFL then a pre season and then lets judge what sort of player he is
There is no rush. Only a bunch of fools would move on an inside mid with talent early in his career.

Give him the year in the VFL. Let’s hope he busts his arse over the summer. There is a valuable player there.

If Will wants a change of scenery however…

There is no rush. Only a bunch of fools would move on an inside mid with talent early in his career.

Give him the year in the VFL. Let’s hope he busts his arse over the summer. There is a valuable player there.

If Will wants a change of scenery however…
Mate don’t think he’ll be with us next season. Best thing for his career.

My
he's had it twice and its a nasty bastard of a disease so yeah I reckon its impacted him.
Certainly stopped him getting continuity in

Yep yesterday tagged their best mid

Got it 18 times and a goal also so was good both ways

They seem like they are prepping him to take shiels role
Shields has always been an elite runner, and has done some great jobs this year for the team as a tagger.

If I was an opposition player like Daicos, Heeney or Neale and saw WillPhil coming to me as a tagger. I would be licking my lips as 5 sprints in he would be blowing up like a balloon.

But it’s pretty much his only option to stay at the club, as the mids are sorted now and that boat has now left the pier. He might not want the tagger role and might seek another home at the end of the year if any other club has an interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back