Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final VFL. Collingwood v Footscray (2.40pm see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Players have a right to know their future before the last minute though, those who are getting delisted need to make plans for their future.

So you think North Melbourne handled the delisted four situation well? North were being respectful that players have a right to know their future before the last minute though?

And look at the next few years after that result. Can scar u as a player/club for a while
Yes it can.
But was reserves with numerous VFL players.
I'm quite sure won't be front of mind 2017 this poor display

So you think North Melbourne handled the delisted four situation well? North were being respectful that players have a right to know their future before the last minute though?

I don't think delisting club champions and no-name VFL battlers are comparable.

The only issue I (and most people) have with the North delistings is Boomer Harvey should of been given the chance to play 1 more year if he wanted.

why don't people rate Oxley?

He is a great kick and a great mark, but I think the knock on him is that he is not physical enough and is a bit lazy.

This is not a very well known story ...

... but around a year or so ago the club put Oxley into a cloning machine and Daveranon accidentally pressed the "anti-clone" button, and out popped Rupert Wills. When the club stopped snacking Daverman around for being such a klutz, they took a look at Wills and decided that they actually really liked the look of the lad. That was when Oxley's papers were stamped.

I don't think delisting club champions and no-name VFL battlers are comparable.

Quite.

Surely if the club is expected to be respectful towards a no-name VFL battler (as you are suggesting) then shouldn't that also be extended to a club champion?

The only issue I (and most people) have with the North delistings is Boomer Harvey should of been given the chance to play 1 more year if he wanted.

Given that the decision to delist Harvey et al had been made - it's a ruthless business and the fans' demand for results don't leave much room for sentimentality - how would you have handled their delisting differently?

I would have waited post season, just as I would have for our AFL / VFL players. As for the members' forum, I would have simply not referred to particular players future status at all, or scheduled it to be after the VFL grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts isn't stupid, he would of known for months when Grundy was constantly being picked over him that his future lay elsewhere.

His manager would of also been telling him this

Witts might have had a hint around last October when the club asked if he was interested in being traded.

I think this sort of thing is best left until after the completion of the year. Especially when you are in a finals campaign. The impact on the team, it's morale and it's chances of success has to be the priority consideration... not the convenience of the players. There's still plenty of time before trade week and the delisted players free agency period doesn't start until November. Can't see why there was any need for this much notice from a players perspective. More likely it's to give them a send off game. Not a good way of handling it imo. Leave it to the offseason.
Boomer Harvey was still clearly a best 22 player. He's a club legend and should have been allowed to play on next year and go out on his own terms if he wanted.

He is a great kick and a great mark, but I think the knock on him is that he is not physical enough and is a bit lazy.

This is not a very well known story ...

... but around a year or so ago the club put Oxley into a cloning machine and Daveranon accidentally pressed the "anti-clone" button, and out popped Rupert Wills. When the club stopped snacking Daverman around for being such a klutz, they took a look at Wills and decided that they actually really liked the look of the lad. That was when Oxley's papers were stamped.

A 'like' for the bolded. In fact, actually spelling his name correctly should lead to some Mod intervention.

UpsATq6.png

E0ymHRc.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final VFL. Collingwood v Footscray (2.40pm see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back