2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc.
West Indies from, Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Alzarri Joseph (vc), Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Kirk McKenzie, Alick Athanaze, Kavem Hodge, Justin Greaves, Joshua DaSilva, Akeem Jordan, Gudakesh Motie, Kemar Roach, Kevin Sinclair, Tevin Imlach, Shamar Joseph, Zachary McCaskie

it'll be interesting to see how many changes to the west indies XI.

this seems a warm up to the nz test series , just as nz will be warming up with a SA 2nd XI.

it'll be interesting to see how many changes to the west indies XI.

this seems a warm up to the nz test series , just as nz will be warming up with a SA 2nd XI.

Probably Sinclair for Motie, stiffens the batting, he took wickets in the warm up up game with his spin.

If you openly pick an inexperienced team you’ve got to be prepared for them to fail, in the very very limited chances they’ve had, kids like McKenzie and Athanaze (not that he showed it in Adelaide but he did against India and in ODIs against England) have shown genuine ability. Hodge isn’t so young but he made runs in both innings of the warm up. Greaves bowled well and can bat a bit.

The coaching staff just need to reinforce to these kids that they are probably never going to get a tougher examination than this barring a trip to SA on damp flyers or a trip to India on crumbling wickets and if they can get their mental approach to a point where they are disciplined enough to go back to the old adage of ‘keep out the good ones, ignore the ones I don’t need to spar at, and hit the bad ones’ then they will take good lessons from the series.

Travis Head has Covid and Usman Khawaja is seeing more stars than Cricket Australia. There was a time when the Australia Day Test was one of the better matches on the Test Calendar, i hope the Windies do well for the sake of Cricket and i always hope Australia win, but i'm not sure Australians have enough pride in themselves or team to care? Interesting to note that they are playing cricket which was brought here by the British, perhaps we need a new name altogether representing this country? How disconnected from reality are are Cricket Australia? This madness has to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis Head has Covid and Usman Khawaja is seeing more stars than Cricket Australia. There was a time when the Australia Day Test was one of the better matches on the Test Calendar, i hope the Windies do well for the sake of Cricket and i always hope Australia win, but i'm not sure Australians have enough pride in themselves or team to care? Interesting to note that they are playing cricket which was brought here by the British, perhaps we need a new name altogether representing this country? How disconnected from reality are are Cricket Australia? This madness has to stop.
Leave it please mate, plenty of other threads for this as well you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Back