Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he kicks 2 goals a game averaging 25, he won’t make the team in 25. Not when the likes of shit stain Cornes are laughing in social media about Sheezel making the team, then helping select the team with a bunch or reactionary, one-eyed ex-players as the judges.

Why the f*ck aren’t the judges changed each year? At this stage having Hoyne use his champion data formulas would give us a more accurate read of the best 22 players in each position.

Better off selecting 8 random punters from any pub in the country, they're probably more informed than the current panel.

I wonder what Luke and Jy are thinking knowing that the football world is calling this guy to be captain. Even let’s say it was in 2 years.
Jy hasn’t gotten any improvement out of his team, definitely not Luke. So unless one them retires or swaps teams, they’ll probably be playing under Sheezel?
Do the realise they’re just keeping the seat warm and not really doing much else at the moment?

I wonder what Luke and Jy are thinking knowing that the football world is calling this guy to be captain. Even let’s say it was in 2 years.
Jy hasn’t gotten any improvement out of his team, definitely not Luke. So unless one them retires or swaps teams, they’ll probably be playing under Sheezel?
Do the realise they’re just keeping the seat warm and not really doing much else at the moment?
Luke McDonald wouldn’t care as he knows he has the players behind him when they make him Captain again as for Jy Simpkin he probably knows he tried but he knows his not good enough.

It's actually cute that we're all up in arms about a 19-year-old missing out on AA. The future is blindingly bright and I would be somewhat shocked that Harry doesn't end his career with 7 or 8 AA jackets before he hangs his boots.

Also, Carey still easily holds the most times named captain of the AA side with 4. Next closest is 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only Cornes and Buckley too both have hatred for our club.
The Buckley and North hatred is well known after we signed him for $10K back in 1993, before his stock rose considerably with a McGarey Medal, BOG in the SANFL final and the Rising Star for the Bears in his 1st first year. He went with the Pies as we know, and our whole team let him know about it for the next decade as we saluted in 1996 and 1999. Pagan and others would have taken great joy in driving this.

I believe he was approached for the Coach role in 2010 by the Roos, but ended up taking the Pies assistant role under head Grinch Malthouse.

If he still takes this bias into his AA selector role, then that says more about him. Hard to like is the man who was the original FIGJAM.

Sheezel is the people’s champion. Don’t need no silly AA blazer to tell me how good this kid is 2 years into the system.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back