Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

The way he speaks I swear he is older . I was worried about making him the leader . Fk it let’s make him Captain/Coach.
Folks keep bringing up that he said he’s not ready, still learning etc.
Now I’m not saying none of that is true but sheezel is as humble as they come and I don’t expect him to ever say yep im ready to be captain let’s fugging go!

The perfect leader. He’ll be ready when those in charge tap him in on the shoulder, whether that is now or in the years to come. No task is too big for our Harry

People saying things like don’t want to cook him etc.

He is the first player, first of anyone since Clarko and pup game day, to front the media and speak post our worst two losses in games he didn’t even play in.

Harry is the club.

Accept it.

Embrace it.

And back him.

I hope he wins the Syd.

Be hard to beat X, especially after missing last two rounds.

The case to just go early and make him captain next year is growing, especially at how the current captaincies have played out measured against his individual rise (not just limited to on-field abilities)

Its gotta be a wholesale change in leadership, it just has to. As to what that looks like is TBD but our leadership groups lately have been pox.

Folks keep bringing up that he said he’s not ready, still learning etc.
Now I’m not saying none of that is true but sheezel is as humble as they come and I don’t expect him to ever say yep im ready to be captain let’s fugging go!

The perfect leader. He’ll be ready when those in charge tap him in on the shoulder, whether that is now or in the years to come. No task is too big for our Harry
I am scared we will infect him with the losing virus like some of our players already have. It can be very contagious probably needs to wear a mask at training

Is it crackpotty to even admire the way he says what he says? Matter-of-fact, downhearted but not defeated, and somehow the tone conveys that he's aware of how much repair is required.

If he's trying to show he's not ready for the captaincy, he's not doing a very good job

It’s about the only thing he’s struggling with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it crackpotty to even admire the way he says what he says? Matter-of-fact, downhearted but not defeated, and somehow the tone conveys that he's aware of how much repair is required.

If he's trying to show he's not ready for the captaincy, he's not doing a very good job
He's not even physically ready for footy yet. Not properly. If he gets a good run the by the bye next year he'll be properly match hardened. Which is quicker than most.

That's why the captaincy shouldn't even be a thought until 2026 (at least). Let him develop as a player first. He might be mentally ready (tho I dunno about that either,) but he's not physically ready yet.

People saying things like don’t want to cook him etc.

He is the first player, first of anyone since Clarko and pup game day, to front the media and speak post our worst two losses in games he didn’t even play in.

Harry is the club.

Accept it.

Embrace it.

And back him.

I hope he wins the Syd.

He is born ready imo

Thing is he knows the standards of what it takes to be successful. Most of our list has no idea. It’s bloody hard work every single day. I swear some of our players treat it like a holiday sometimes

We made Carey captain at the age of 21. It was the making of him and the making of us as a club.

It's time to do the same thing with Harry. As others have said, he has excelled at everything he has done so far and will excel at this too.

We need to do it IF he wants to. Stepping up, with support, is possible, for anyone. We need this. Mediocrity is over. It's time for success.

It's him or Xerri. No other option unless Andy Brayshaw or Isaac Heeney have jumped ship in the off-season.

If we remain with the status quo the entire club should be kicked in the dick.

We made Carey captain at the age of 21. It was the making of him and the making of us as a club.

It's time to do the same thing with Harry. As others have said, he has excelled at everything he has done so far and will excel at this too.

We need to do it IF he wants to. Stepping up, with support, is possible, for anyone. We need this. Mediocrity is over. It's time for success.
Carey was 22. Right now Harry is 19.

Carey was 22. Right now Harry is 19.
Carey was 21 at the start of the season.

Harry will be 20.

There is around 18 months difference comparing Carey in 93 to Harry in 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back