Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP - 35d/1.0/10clr/5 I50s/5 tackles vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

He is ready to explode all over the competition
That was what I noticed first as well.

Only Harry could put up a game that good, while making his heatmap look like a knob

Last edited:

He's Pendles in the middle, Greene up forward and Hodge down back.
All up Harry's the reincarnation of Shaun Burgoyne. Said that before and stand by it, A Grade wherever you put him.

There is one part of his game that I feel is still underrated and that’s his courage. He does not take his eye off the ball when he is going back with the flight or going at the contest.

It’s so ridiculous how well rounded he is at only 19 years old.
Yep. He's got a huge heart and is gutsy as.

Was there even a hint of Sheeze being this good? All I remember pre draft is him being a crafty forward. I don't follow the draft that closely though.
A couple of the draft watchers said he had incredible potential.

He is ready to explode all over the competition
thats a penis GIF

Downright laughable that he isn’t even mentioned for AA consideration.
The Korns beginning to get toey over him.

Sneaky POS is jumping on the bus now so that when it does turn, he can look like a visionary.

There’ll be more bumps to come as we’ve seen the last week, but if we start winning consistently he’s got to be a shoe in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downright laughable that he isn’t even mentioned for AA consideration.
the AA recognises the best players in their position.

When the fixture season wraps up...he will have not enough game time in defence, midfield or forward to warrant selection. Harry's had a terrific year thus far and it should be recognised but given how the AA team selection is structured....I doubt he'll get in it.

Maybe a bench spot at best.

The Korns starting getting toey over him.

Sneaky POS is jumping on the bus now so that when it does turn, he can look like a visionary.

There’ll be more bumps to come as we’ve seen the last week, but if we starting winning consistently he’s got to be a shoe in.
100%.

He started that shit last week.

When the fixture season wraps up...he will have not enough game time in defence, midfield or forward to warrant selection. Harry's had a terrific year thus far and it should be recognised but given how the AA team selection is structured....I doubt he'll get in it.

That's probably where they should pick him if they're picking the best players in the comp.

What? Rarely does both wing positions go to genuine wingman. The half forward line is often filled with midfielders, same with the bench.

He may end up averaging close to a goal a game by the end of the season and 26+ disposals a game (after spending half of it in defence), if he does that, they can put him anywhere on the field like they do with others.

He's the only player with above 40% CBA's that comes anywhere clear to Bontempelli's goal and assist numbers for the last 2 months, in fact, he just shades him.

Sheezel is on track to burst into the below list by the end of the year at his current rate and he spent half of it as a defender in a side getting beaten by an average margin of close to 10 goals.

Goals and assists round 15:

1. Charlie Curnow 53 (43/10)
2. Jesse Hogan 41 (34/7)/Marcus Bontempelli (22/19)
4. Joe Daniher 40 (30/10)
5. Ben King 39 (38/1)/Jake Waterman (36/3)/Tyson Stengle (28/11)
8. Harry McKay 37 (32/5)/Kyle Langford (30/7)/Jake Stringer (29/7)

Something sent to me from the CD data guys this morning.

Sheezel since mid/fwd:

27 disposals per game, 1.2 goals per game, 1.5 goal assists per game, 6 score involvements per game.

Steve Johnsons best career season (2013)

28 disposals per game, 1.2 goals per game, 0.6 goal assists per game, 8 score involvements per game.

Geelong won 18 games and lost in the prelim, Johnson finished 3rd in the Brownlow.

It was his 11th season.

Sheezel is a teenager, his side has won 1 game.

The AA recognises the best players in their position, or maybe someone else's position if they can't fit every midfielder in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back