Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

adams1.jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

Last edited:
Hard to tell without a definitive camera angle but my first thoughts were that he was taunting Amartey's opponent Keane.

Funnily enough my first impression was that he was holding up the seven fingers to Amartey and saying "is that seven?"

Camera angle doesn't help at all, so who knows?

Funnily enough my first impression was that he was holding up the seven fingers to Amartey and saying "is that seven?"

Camera angle doesn't help at all, so who knows?

Keane was at the Pies with Adams in '20 & '21.

Suggest some earlier banter might have seen the cocky young All-Ireland GAA star go the low blow, while the Crows were crowing.

If only he'd had something clever enough to put big Joel off his game he might have enjoyed the whole night :laughing:

Suggest some earlier banter might have seen the cocky young All-Ireland GAA star go the low blow, while the Crows were crowing.

If only he'd had something clever enough to put big Joel off his game he might have enjoyed the whole night :laughing:
That puts some context around it. What a goose Hinge was.

That...actually makes sense.

Taylor Adams- the 3rd wheel in his own thread 😂

Tay has been building nicely and had his best game for us yesterday. Love his attack at the ball and he just is the hard nut who perfectly compliments our superstars.

the grundy/adams signings have done so much to accelerate the improvement of our midfield ... their experience, their ability to lead by example, both bring a physicality that has allowed the big three to shine, but i'm sure has also hastened the development of rowbottom and mcinerney in particular
you could argue each of adams' last four games has been his "best" for us ... which emphasises again to the doubters that as a team we're still on an upward trajectory

the grundy/adams signings have done so much to accelerate the improvement of our midfield ... their experience, their ability to lead by example, both bring a physicality that has allowed the big three to shine, but i'm sure has also hastened the development of rowbottom and mcinerney in particular
you could argue each of adams' last four games has been his "best" for us ... which emphasises again to the doubters that as a team we're still on an upward trajectory
So true. Makes you wonder why the Pies let go of Adams. He would perfectly compliment the Daicos brothers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said this nearly every week now but I just love that he doesn't really seem to have a clearly defined role beyond just being another tough, hard body out there. He just sorta floats around impacting where and when he can. It's a little unusual because he has a big impact without feeling integral to our structure in any way, but I think that's what makes it work.

He just needs to realise he's not Gary Ablett Jr. by foot. There's nothing wrong with going long or passing it off if your foot skills have limitations.

I've said this nearly every week now but I just love that he doesn't really seem to have a clearly defined role beyond just being another tough, hard body out there. He just sorta floats around impacting where and when he can. It's a little unusual because he has a big impact without feeling integral to our structure in any way, but I think that's what makes it work.

He just needs to realise he's not Gary Ablett Jr. by foot. There's nothing wrong with going long or passing it off if your foot skills have limitations.
Pretty sure he realises it, more he needs to remember in the moment 😆

Well done I award you the most whingy posts of the year award on bigfooty.

Congratulations you smashed the field
At least Bedders isn't shitting all over everyone and everything to do with the club. Unlike a select few on here who just can't help but sing the praises of virtually every other coach and team, even though those other teams and coaches have, as yet this year, not hit the heights we at least did for a while.

His skills hurt us early in games, but he's also one of the only players that actually shows up for the opening bounce and shows desperation across four quarters.

I think he should replace Warner in our opening bounce set-up until we get our shit together. Think a midfield of Rowbottom, Adams and Heeney and Warner to the forward line would improve both our midfield and the forward line. At the very least it would help stem the bleeding in there early. Swap them back around once Warner and the rest of the team has confidence again and we've shown our pressure is up to league-standard.

At least Bedders isn't shitting all over everyone and everything to do with the club. Unlike a select few on here who just can't help but sing the praises of virtually every other coach and team, even though those other teams and coaches have, as yet this year, not hit the heights we at least did for a while.

True but it's fun to stir the legend up

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back