Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - T3 for HOs, T11 for clearances, T4 for tackles AFL-wide after 13 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

On the botrytis semillon ( a bit under the weather) and only watched the last q on replay once as was at the game and on grand kids duty, but todays win was a grind and I reckon we could call it a big X win.

This bloke leads the way forward. You don't have to win the game on your own to gain respect, you only have to compete.

Over the last few weeks he hasn't looked like a shag on a rock as the others have come to his party.

Goldy was always my favourite North player and I didn't want him to go but hasn't it turned out so well.

Was massive again today!!
The media are slowly starting to wake up to the dominant season he has had.
If he takes Grundy apart next week, they will rightfully be talking about him as an AA candidate & possibly the best ruckman in the comp.
I fully expect him to take Grundy apart next week FWIW.
Colossal

Since the saints game, his form has been incredible.
Don't think anyone expected this though. Its not a turnaround anymore, he's done a 180 and he's steaming ahead.

Just gotta sit back and enjoy it.

Last edited:
I love his smirk when a bit of argy bargy is on. I wouldn’t ruffle this guy’s feathers if I was an opponent lol. Can handle himself.
Secretly, wears the helmet because he wants the smoke.

The contested marks and goal kicking being added to the rest of the package is so enjoyable, starting to regularly find himself in the right spots forward and back to use his height to our advantage.
It's obviously great nailing the odd goal but the biggest impacts are structural and flow on - knowing he can take a grab now forces teams to respond differently to when he was flunking them 50% of the time. Small improvement for big gains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game 50 this week.
Sydney in Sydney, coming off the back of two losses by 3pts total, is a rough fiftieth game. Poor Tristan, swans will be absolutely out for blood. I hope we are competitive, but I wouldn't be surprised (nor too upset) if we get a bit butchered. Swans have done ugly things to better teams than North.

Last edited:
Sydney is Sydney, coming off the back of two losses by 3pts total, is a rough fiftieth game. Poor Tristan, swans will be absolutely out for blood. I hope we are competitive, but I wouldn't be surprised (nor too upset) if we get a bit butchered. Swans have done ugly things to better teams than North.

The ruck is different.

It's one of the few positions immune from how a team is really going on the day and pretty much down to 1 vs 1 with your opponent.

Given a pantsing of Grundy is probably the one thing between X as a AA 40 man squad selection, I think he will be fired up in the same way we saw vs Melbourne/Gawn.

The ruck is different.

It's one of the few positions immune from how a team is really going on the day and pretty much down to 1 vs 1 with your opponent.

Given a pantsing of Grundy is probably the one thing between X as a AA 40 man squad selection, I think he will be fired up in the same way we saw vs Melbourne/Gawn.
Hope so!

(Secretly I'm hoping for the ultimate upset win, obviously)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back