Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr - the Mac Daddy of the King Twins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to him after a not very good first 6 weeks. Has shown leadership and today was brain fartless and was one of our best.

Last edited:
Credit to him after a not very good first 6 weeks. Has shown leadership and today was brain fartless and was one of our best.
Not surprising. Track his last few years. Injured/underdone in the pre-season and forced to play and find form in the 1s due to the team not having any proper defenders.

He then finds form in the second half of the year and super reliable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi. I'm still here. My memory is not the greatest but I can still remember back further than 1 week ago

View attachment 2044262
He's been good for a lot longer than 1 week.

Snippet taken from on of the articles in the Commentary and Media thread:

I just want to give Aidan Corr a bit of a shout out as well. They tried Toby Pink and Kallan Dawson early in the year as their main key defenders – they’ve now kept it really simple Charlie Comben at centre half back and Aidan Corr is the one who is taking on the best opposition key forwards.

“He’s had Jake Waterman, Jacob Van Rooyen, Aaron Naughton and Ben King in this period and hasn’t conceded more than two goals in this time. His last eight one-on-one contests, he’s only lost once.

He's been good for a lot longer than 1 week.

Snippet taken from on of the articles in the Commentary and Media thread:

I just want to give Aidan Corr a bit of a shout out as well. They tried Toby Pink and Kallan Dawson early in the year as their main key defenders – they’ve now kept it really simple Charlie Comben at centre half back and Aidan Corr is the one who is taking on the best opposition key forwards.

“He’s had Jake Waterman, Jacob Van Rooyen, Aaron Naughton and Ben King in this period and hasn’t conceded more than two goals in this time. His last eight one-on-one contests, he’s only lost once.

That's fine but if we want to be a Premiership team, then we need to move on from guys like him. With K. Dawson playing good footy, and Wil still coming through, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

That's fine but if we want to be a Premiership team, then we need to move on from guys like him. With K. Dawson playing good footy, and Wil still coming through, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
Yeah I look at it a bit differently, I see him holding the fort at the moment (taking the oppositions best forwards), and if he can end up being our 3rd or 4th best defender as our other kids come through, we will be in a pretty good position.

Yeah I look at it a bit differently, I see him holding the fort at the moment (taking the oppositions best forwards), and if he can end up being our 3rd or 4th best defender as our other kids come through, we will be in a pretty good position.
Exactly what we need as 30+ year olds in a couple of years. Hopefully he is still playing like the last couple of months next year.

It was always a case of:

a) stop giving away stupid free kicks and 50’s.

and

b) stop trying to play loose and intercept when it’s not your job.

Has been great since the bye.
And on the weekend, with Kerch providing the outlet he was really solid. That allowed him to focus on getting the ball and then not having to kick blindly up the line.

Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr - the Mac Daddy of the King Twins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back