Player Watch #42 Robbie Fox - The Fantastic Mr Fox - Happy #100

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox.jpg

Robbie Fox

Player Profile

Capable of playing as a defender, shifting forward or pinch-hitting in the ruck, Robbie Fox is a versatile option for Sydney Swans coach John Longmire. The Tasmanian is also one of the best endurance runners at the club and can take a strong contested grab. Sydney rookie-listed Fox in November 2016 and he’s since fought hard to become a regular member of the Swans’ best 22. He played 11 senior matches in 2019. Draft history: 2017 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 34.

Robbie Fox

DOB: 16 April 1993
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Burnie Dockers (Tas)/Coburg Lions (VFL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if his career is now set as he can sign with Tassie VFL (worst case) in 2026 for 2027 start as a legit option….

If he wants to Robbie would walk into a gig with Tassie. Would b terrific in a development role.

Reckon Robbie is widely admired.

If he wants to Robbie would walk into a gig with Tassie. Would b terrific in a development role.

Reckon Robbie is widely admired.
He has his teaching quals and has good leadership skills, super disciplined. Any club should be delighted to have him. Not sure what his ties are though. Would you be in a mad hurry to go back to Tassie?

He has his teaching quals and has good leadership skills, super disciplined. Any club should be delighted to have him. Not sure what his ties are though. Would you be in a mad hurry to go back to Tassie?
Yep, one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion and besides, Robbie would have the pleasure of His Royal Highness being able to watch him in person every week - who wouldn't crave that?

Milestones are obviously huge achievements, no one who reaches any of them would ever be complaining about how they should've had more. Robbie Fox is one of the few players who would be within his rights to complain that he should've had more - not that he ever would.

In all the times he's been dropped, subbed, even delisted, it was never because he was bad. Week after week, autopsy thread after autopsy thread, we've never been on here lamenting a Robbie Fox performance.

If he was a young draftee, rather than a mature-aged recruit taken as a rookie and only playing 3 games in his first year in the system, there's an alternative reality where Fox easily could've ended up wanting to explore his options elsewhere, on a list with less talent than ours has often been, and the rival interest would genuinely be there.

Fate didn't turn out that way, and so it was our fortune that he was ours to keep, and he's earned every year he's been on the list.

Go well Robbie!

Milestones are obviously huge achievements, no one who reaches any of them would ever be complaining about how they should've had more. Robbie Fox is one of the few players who would be within his rights to complain that he should've had more - not that he ever would.

In all the times he's been dropped, subbed, even delisted, it was never because he was bad. Week after week, autopsy thread after autopsy thread, we've never been on here lamenting a Robbie Fox performance.

If he was a young draftee, rather than a mature-aged recruit taken as a rookie and only playing 3 games in his first year in the system, there's an alternative reality where Fox easily could've ended up wanting to explore his options elsewhere, on a list with less talent than ours has often been, and the rival interest would genuinely be there.

Fate didn't turn out that way, and so it was our fortune that he was ours to keep, and he's earned every year he's been on the list.

Go well Robbie!
I am the proud owner of a signed #42 jersey.
My kind of player. Stood up in a grand final when others folded around him. I hope he has a great one hundredth and that he makes 150 (he's still in fantastic nick). 🦊🦊🦊🦊

Recognition on AFL.com on Robbie's well earned and hard won 100th;

'Horse' (John Longmire) has believed in me from day one.

"My second and third year I was in and out of the team, I wasn't playing good footy so for him to back me and get to a Grand Final, and play important roles each week, it's pretty cool to get to 100 games."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still gets dropped or moved rather easily at times. Probably suffers from being a little
short , but he has been fantastic for 100 games.

Well done to one of the few who turned up in the 22 grand final.

Still gets dropped or moved rather easily at times. Probably suffers from being a little
short , but he has been fantastic for 100 games.

Still gets moved because he is so fit, so able to play on smalls, mediums and talls. Probably liked for being a little
too versatile and he has been fantastic for 100 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #42 Robbie Fox - The Fantastic Mr Fox - Happy #100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back