Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love Trump

We know that I oppose the wealthy thieving from the many, that I oppose war, that I'm anti-racism, that I'm a feminist and LGBT. I've also never once posted that he was a good president, or even an okay one, or even better than Biden. And yet, presumably because it makes it easier to disagree with what I say, every once in a while someone comes up with something like this. It's pretty silly.

What a genuine load of rubbish - you have posted some s**t takes but this takes the cake.

PB, yay!

And? It makes it wrong? No and * off with your deflection to criminality BS

Not in itself but a man who has admitted to partaking in and covering up the brutal beatings of Palestinians, it makes the love of democracy and liberty ring hollow. And when Jeffrey Goldberg is used as an example of "good journalism", a man who at the New Yorker wrote lies that Saddam Hussein was connected to Al-Qaeda and whose editorship of the Atlantic saw concerns published that Trump might not go to war with Iran, it bristles. Particularly when the article is a hagiography of a warmonger.

Everybody is in on the military gravy train, Republicans, Democrats and Wang etc - another deflective rubbish take

So you think its a matter of people writing articles because Mary Poppins?

My apologies, I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to ask here.

Come on take your biased eyes off Trump and recognise the danger he represents - and his cohorts even more.

A coup was nearly successful - it was attempted multiple times - and all you can come up with is '' But Feels '' ?

Okay, no "but feels" - at what stage was the coup nearly successful and how?

I would say the Supreme Court aspect of his legacy is probably the closest he came, to be honest - but it's also the one that any Republican President would have done, which belies the danger of putting so much stock into the unique danger of Trump and not the entire ideology that the Republican Party represents.

I have made clear that I think the Democrats should do far more about this danger and don't think that beyond their rhetoric that they do, because if they did then the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee wouldn't have ceded power of attorney to her daughter, and the Democratic President going into reelection with terrible approval ratings wouldn't be too far behind.

We know that I oppose the wealthy thieving from the many, that I oppose war, that I'm anti-racism, that I'm a feminist and LGBT. I've also never once posted that he was a good president, or even an okay one, or even better than Biden. And yet, presumably because it makes it easier to disagree with what I say, every once in a while someone comes up with something like this. It's pretty silly.

PB, yay!

Not in itself but a man who has admitted to partaking in and covering up the brutal beatings of Palestinians, it makes the love of democracy and liberty ring hollow. And when Jeffrey Goldberg is used as an example of "good journalism", a man who at the New Yorker wrote lies that Saddam Hussein was connected to Al-Qaeda and whose editorship of the Atlantic saw concerns published that Trump might not go to war with Iran, it bristles. Particularly when the article is a hagiography of a warmonger.

My apologies, I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to ask here.

Okay, no "but feels" - at what stage was the coup nearly successful and how?

I would say the Supreme Court aspect of his legacy is probably the closest he came, to be honest - but it's also the one that any Republican President would have done, which belies the danger of putting so much stock into the unique danger of Trump and not the entire ideology that the Republican Party represents.

I have made clear that I think the Democrats should do far more about this danger and don't think that beyond their rhetoric that they do, because if they did then the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee wouldn't have ceded power of attorney to her daughter, and the Democratic President going into reelection with terrible approval ratings wouldn't be too far behind.

I think the problem that you seem incapable of seeing is that you rarely are as critical of Trump or Republicans.

This is the Trump thread but you manage to frequently bring either Biden or the Democrats as being bad or some past Democratic President that had done much worse or some irrelevant historical event.

You really can't blame posters that call you out.

The part where trump telling Milley he does not want to see disabled troops at parades in the spotlight.
Ankles
In retrospect the mocking of the disabled reporter , the McCain captured comments and the deplorable grab ‘‘em by the pussy episode should have disqualified this moron from running in 2016 ☹️

I think the problem that you seem incapable of seeing is that you rarely are as critical of Trump or Republicans.

I'm not a news broadcaster who must comply with equal coverage. I have more to say about Biden and the Democrats, especially given they currently have the presidency. If my issue with the Democrats is socially conservative, warmongering corporatism then it stands to reason that all of the above applies tenfold to the Republicans.

This is the Trump thread but you manage to frequently bring either Biden or the Democrats as being bad or some past Democratic President that had done much worse or some irrelevant historical event.

I think I generally don't talk about Biden here and keep my discussion about him to his own thread, but apologies if I do post off topic. I note a lot of criticisms of Biden in the Biden thread are countenanced with something along the lines of "well he's better than Trump". I'd rather not be too rigid on any of the above fronts (sometimes I think it would be easier if this board was just broken up with threads by country, so that the first page wasn't 50% United States as it currently is [and then 17% UK - who says Australia sees itself as more than just an outpost of the former British empire?!]), but I was responding to my issues with an article posted and people's analysis of it. I don't believe that's off topic.

My issue with a lot of the way Trump is spoken about is the view of him as something unprecedented, when in many ways he is not (this no doubt goes to his biggest sycophants as well as his detractors). I think it comforts people to view him as an anomalous pretender to the sacred institution of American democracy rather than a continuation of its corrupt toxicity. That requires putting him in his historical context, but I think I probably use the comparison more to Bush than any Democrat? Maybe even Reagan or Nixon second (although maybe the chronologically closer Obama or Clinton).

You really can't blame posters that call you out.

I dunno, if the Democrats aren't on topic in the Trump thread then surely other posters are extremely off topic?

I'm not a news broadcaster who must comply with equal coverage. I have more to say about Biden and the Democrats, especially given they currently have the presidency. If my issue with the Democrats is socially conservative, warmongering corporatism then it stands to reason that all of the above applies tenfold to the Republicans.

I think I generally don't talk about Biden here and keep my discussion about him to his own thread, but apologies if I do post off topic. I note a lot of criticisms of Biden in the Biden thread are countenanced with something along the lines of "well he's better than Trump". I'd rather not be too rigid on any of the above fronts (sometimes I think it would be easier if this board was just broken up with threads by country, so that the first page wasn't 50% United States as it currently is [and then 17% UK - who says Australia sees itself as more than just an outpost of the former British empire?!]), but I was responding to my issues with an article posted and people's analysis of it. I don't believe that's off topic.

My issue with a lot of the way Trump is spoken about is the view of him as something unprecedented, when in many ways he is not (this no doubt goes to his biggest sycophants as well as his detractors). I think it comforts people to view him as an anomalous pretender to the sacred institution of American democracy rather than a continuation of its corrupt toxicity. That requires putting him in his historical context, but I think I probably use the comparison more to Bush than any Democrat? Maybe even Reagan or Nixon second (although maybe the chronologically closer Obama or Clinton).

I dunno, if the Democrats aren't on topic in the Trump thread then surely other posters are extremely off topic?
Maybe just take the feedback on board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. But in relation to the point that was made, did you think this (below) was funny?

75658485-12541883-image-a-18_1695244054619.jpg

IMO, it exemplifies the type of malevolent, humourless, mean-spirited insult that you have consistently told us is high comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back