4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The way we have navigated this rain has been very disciplined by the team, no risks taken, good cricket
Losing only one wicket in a day an half is great going!

No had they declared immediately after lunch they would of been 170 or so ahead.

They would of had to bat again regardless there is simply not enough time to force a result.
It looks to me like Stokes is blameless, really. Any declaration on the third day wouldn't have made a difference.

But no doubt he got spooked by the Edgbaston declaration. If he'd continued to follow the Bazball mantra, he'd have actually put Australia in again late on day 2, perhaps giving himself the chance in the 30 overs yesterday to chase down 200. In normal cricket, you don't declare with a 50-run lead. But he knew about the weather and betrayed himself.

No had they declared immediately after lunch they would of been 170 or so ahead.

They would of had to bat again regardless there is simply not enough time to force a result.

We were pretty shell shocked that day. I honestly think if they'd had most or all of the day to bowl at us we would of fallen over.

Keeping us on the field half the day gave us hope that rain could save us and it likely has.

Two decisions cost them this Test, failing to declare aggressively & also selecting Anderson for sentimental reasons. They desperately needed 20 wickets this Test and they chose a bowler past his prime, justifying it by saying he can keep the run rate down, meanwhile Tongue who has proven he can take our wickets on a flat pitch sits on the side-lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll sleep well knowing the Ashes are in safe hands Heady.
Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

You can all go to bed now. Can get $42 for an England win
Draw in to the unbackable $1.01 with Sportsbet, just what the Aussie women would have been paying in the 4 x 100 relay.

We were pretty shell shocked that day. I honestly think if they'd had most or all of the day to bowl at us we would of fallen over.

Keeping us on the field half the day gave us hope that rain could save us and it likely has.

Two decisions cost them this Test, failing to declare aggressively & also selecting Anderson for sentimental reasons. They desperately needed 20 wickets this Test and they chose a bowler past his prime, justifying it by saying he can keep the run rate down, meanwhile Tongue who has proven he can take our wickets on a flat pitch sits on the side-lines.
I'd have hated to be up against Wood, Woakes, Broad and Tongue. We got a favour from them there, no question.

Smashed like guitars?
I remember in that era, Kieren Perkins had a commercial where he said "I still write my name on my milk."

So what d!ckhead. Klim is literally milk spelt backwards.

Draw in to the unbackable $1.01 with Sportsbet, just what the Aussie women would have been paying in the 4 x 100 relay.

The $3.50 for the draw pre test was nice

It's amazing the amount of crap being posted in this thread for a rain delay... got a few laughs at least reading through it
I've actually really, really enjoyed the last few hours.

I've had to watch the series on 9now so I've refrained from reading much of the threads in real time because of the delay. But tonight has been a delight.

Good to see that Bigfooty will never change: the nuff-nuffs who post the same inane, bipolar rubbish mixed in with the insightful, respectful posters, complemented by a bit of comedy at the expense of the English.

Remove this Banner Ad

4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Back