5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires call makes no sense to me if it’s hitting the wicket it’s out if not not out
The inherent inaccuracy in the ball-tracking system. The main one with impact is the fact the ball impacts between frames and there's only so much frame-rate in the ball-tracking cameras (varies from country to country). The "Umpire's call" region takes this inherent inaccuracy into account.

The "umpire's call" region isn't completely accurate to the inaccuracy of the system, e.g. the error bars, but it's more of a zone that's easily understandable to the watcher of the sport (half a ball, top of the stumps, left and right edges of the stumps etc).
There's even more inaccuracy in the prediction pathway. :)

The Oval is flat and generally plays true. It's Smith's favourite ground outside the SCG. Must be in with a shot at these runs with grandpa Jimmy opening the bowling and a lame Ali.

Extremely unlikely we get anywhere close, but if Warner wants his farewell tour, he needs to actually have a material impact not a quaint 20 odd.

Honestly, if we get above 250 odd I’ll be impressed.

I’ve heard this all day and the sad fact is we’re too gutless, Warner could get a first ball duck stumbling over his stumps and our dumbarse selectors will still pick him for the first Test in Australia and let him go out on his own terms.
He'll make 500 runs in the summer and all will be forgotten how about he is/was outside of Australia.

I didn’t realise he took all England’s wickets in all those wins, and that those wins supersede two decades of evidence that he struggles when the ball doesn’t swing
I’m confused with your logic; to take 20 wickets over two innings over a number of matches? Jim Laker took 19? How has he taken nearly 700 wickets when the ball doesn’t swing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't get these runs in 2 days on this wicket is a bit of a disgrace really

In theory you’re absolutely correct. On paper, this total with this many overs is a walk in the park, but cricket doesn’t work that way and our players could end up in two minds as they often do.

If we’re no more than 4 down for 200 I’ll start to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart Broad has had a outstanding career, I remember thinking when he averaged high 30s with the ball after alot of Tests he was rubbish but geez he come good, outstanding player.

In theory you’re absolutely correct. On paper, this total with this many overs is a walk in the park, but cricket doesn’t work that way and our players could end up in two minds as they often do.

If we’re no more than 4 down for 200 I’ll start to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see it going quick, but also dare to dream

Id rather be England right now unfortunately

Great tribute to a great player.

1200px-Stuart_broad.jpg

My rational brain cannot see us getting close to this target. Even if we have a good partnership or two we are only a couple of quick wickets away from it being over.

My emotional brain thinks we have a chance. Flat pitch, tiring bowling line up. Surely Smith is due for a big big one

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Back