Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to improve his disposal by foot. Its horrendous. Those F50 entries gave me aids
Yes he fluffs some kicks but seriously dude this kid has it all! Name me a wrecking ball type player that hits targets everytime. They don't exist! He's hit some absolute bullets so far and is just starting his career. To say his kicking is horrendous is ridiculous.

Yes he fluffs some kicks but seriously dude this kid has it all! Name me a wrecking ball type player that hits targets everytime. They don't exist! He's hit some absolute bullets so far and is just starting his career. To say his kicking is horrendous is ridiculous.
Did I comment about anything else? I said his kicking is shit.

Our kicking into f50 is one of the worst in the league. McKercher found targets on multiple occasions and his disposal is streets ahead of most of our list. If you think his kicking is terrible, I’d hate to think what you think of Simpkin and others

Sorry I thought this was the McKercher thread! I still don’t think Wardlaw has bad disposal though. It’s I’d say average - given he goes a million miles an hour, it’s a wonder sometimes that he manages to find his boot at all much less pull off bullet passes (along with a few shockers)

Our kicking into f50 is one of the worst in the league. McKercher found targets on multiple occasions and his disposal is streets ahead of most of our list. If you think his kicking is terrible, I’d hate to think what you think of Simpkin and others
Simpkin cant kick over a ****ing jam tin and is not far from being redundant in our team. Simpkin couldn’t kick snow off a rope

Wardlaw reminds me of Mickey McGuane kicking, a wide range from rubbish to really good. They've both got/had that frenetic get it forward as quickly as possible at times.
But, I only noticed it in the last two weeks. Up until now I think he has been far more good than bad. I'm hopeful he'll be better than old Mick.

Sorry I thought this was the McKercher thread! I still don’t think Wardlaw has bad disposal though. It’s I’d say average - given he goes a million miles an hour, it’s a wonder sometimes that he manages to find his boot at all much less pull off bullet passes (along with a few shockers)
Mckercher is arguably our best kick and I dont think he’s that great a kick. Probably why Kerch stands out to you all.

Mckercher is arguably our best kick and I dont think he’s that great a kick. Probably why Kerch stands out to you all.
Some of the kicks that McKercher pulls off is absurd.

He makes some mistakes. He's a first year player after all, but his kicking is an absolute weapon and will cut teams apart when he graduates to the wing/mid role.

That little kick he does where he lines up going into the middle and gets opp players running that way, then just kicks it off the side of his boot out to the pocket/wing. chefs kiss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be an incredible photo if it was in-focus. Photographer is probably spewing.
It’s my screen shot, I reckon the original is just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back