Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

RJK makes a Post

NYRB likes the post

These guys need a room with contraception
I had my own Bart Simpson moment a couple of decades back when I found myself doing a bit of security work for a large conference centre.

I faked a post-it note request from a client supposedly looking for his mate Con, and handed it to the young lady receptionist to do the call out on the centre's PA system.

"Could we have Con to Reception. We need Con to Reception, please"

I had a lot of idle thinking time on my hands in that job.

Baker wont be part of any welcome ceremony unless its a Tigers premiership reunion.

Watch it and tell me what you think:

When he jumping on stage with Baker up on at with a grin on his face, it was like he knew they were going to get traded out of Richmond.

none of ya ****ing business...

Mods.. I don't want oppo posters trolling our worst year eva

Last edited:
I had my own Bart Simpson moment a couple of decades back when I found myself doing a bit of security work for a large conference centre.

I faked a post-it note request from a client supposedly looking for his mate Con, and handed it to the young lady receptionist to do the call out on the centre's PA system.

"Could we have Con to Reception. We need Con to Reception, please"

I had a lot of idle thinking time on my hands in that job.

At this stage I just want the best possible return for all the Western Australian deserters mainly for the melts on twitter from the WA fans.

geez he was wasted wasn't he.

Can't believe there was no one at the club or in his private life that said "it's all a bit awkward mate but make sure you thank the fans, the club and say you've enjoyed the ride." I agree the club should have thanked the departing players properly too. The culture looks really bad right now imo and I hope toce has "leadership" underlined, highlighted, circled, italicised and bolded in his notes.

Last edited:

Can't believe there was no one at the club or in his private life that said "it's all a bit awkward mate but make sure you thank the fans, the club and say you've enjoyed the ride." I agree the club should have thanked the departing players properly too. The culture looks really bad right now imo and I hope toce has "leadership" underlined, circled, italicised and bolded in his notes.
No one here has realised that some (all) of the deals haven't been finalised. Bolton's speech was the perfect example, he was instructed not to say anything about leaving as the deal could easily fall over. What would we all be saying if it did and he remained at the club? It's quite a possibility, maybe the same with Rioli, Baker's deal hasn't been done yet. I'm sure that there'll be heartfelt thanks and speeches within the 4 walls and they may have been done already.

No one here has realised that some (all) of the deals haven't been finalised. Bolton's speech was the perfect example, he was instructed not to say anything about leaving as the deal could easily fall over. What would we all be saying if it did and he remained at the club? It's quite a possibility, maybe the same with Rioli, Baker's deal hasn't been done yet. I'm sure that there'll be heartfelt thanks and speeches within the 4 walls and they may have been done already.
Possibly but why say "watching from afar" then? Baker in particular is definitely going.

Can't believe there was no one at the club or in his private life that said "it's all a bit awkward mate but make sure you thank the fans, the club and say you've enjoyed the ride." I agree the club should have thanked the departing players properly too. The culture looks really bad right now imo and I hope toce has "leadership" underlined, circled, italicised and bolded in his notes.

Or just say I’m not sure what the future holds but I love the club and I’ve loved my time here

Don’t need to be an astrophysicist to get those words out

Wouldnt be wrong to even take a leaf out of Marlion Pickett and the way he thanked the club after deciding to mention he retired. I know he had his off-field battle but D Rioli and Bolton could take a leaf out of his book.

I honestly wasn't that offended by Bolton's speech at the B*F - he is not a good media person & he thanked everyone and looked emotional & appropriately embarrassed. Baker - looked like a tool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly but why say "watching from afar" then? Baker in particular is definitely going.
going no doubt. but to which club? Or back to us via the PSD if no deal can be done?

Maybe he stays for one more year becomes Free agent.

Be hilarious when Rioli is the only deal gets done.

going no doubt. but to which club? Or back to us via the PSD if no deal can be done?

Maybe he stays for one more year becomes Free agent.

Be hilarious when Rioli is the only deal gets done.
dont know about hilarious...
more like a complete and utter failure
and put's our club back years with the list

Woeful effort and he should feel embarrassed. But, adds to the theory that the players are treading on the culture we've built.
Wow you’ve been gone a long time , welcome back, but our culture died in 2020/21 RJK Tiger

It's funny how these players have to be told what would come as common sense to many. The AFL PA and players association have a real uphill battle exiting some footballers out of the system as some of em are dead set a few screws short of a bunnings.

For me the deal is done and Baker has been assured it will get done so he knows that already

He was pissed and lucky to put 2 words together and im sure he would look back and think WTF

No issue with me

But the pres should have thanked them and did't need to single out broad and could have done it privately

I can’t believe all the crap on here about Bakers speech. It wasn’t that bad he just looked really awkward. If you’ve listened to Baker talk before you’d know that he always comes over as a bit of a larrikin. Bolton felt so awkward he hardly got anything out. Didn’t help that the matter of the three guys leaving was just ignored by the club. The club should have thanked them and celebrated their time at Richmond, and said we still hope you don’t go.

Frankly I don’t give a shite, they are both champion Richmond men and always will be. Bolton for his electrifying skill and Bakes for having an absolute crack and giving the game is all.
these guys werent picked for anything initially other than their football skills,i doubt leadership was what the RFC had in mind when selection time came round bc you can tell they dont posses it,reminds me of a couple of teenagers ,not havin a go at em bc it aint that bad but their not club leaders goin off this n you wouldnt want them to be either,they sound like theyd possibly be good soldiers if they had a strong leader which RFC clearly doesnt have atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back