Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Each to their view, disagree with this. Have to keep some leadership and experience.
I can see it’s making a massive improvement and impression on our results this year???
We need to get young leaders now just like when Dimma first started. We have enough players with experience and leadership as it is without him. Unfortunately if you don’t have enough young talent coming through then more of these poor results will come.

I agree he’s a leader, a “do as I do” leader and I think he’s a great example of getting the best out of yourself as a player and producing your best effort as often as you can for as long as you can in a game.
But I can’t see him being any better or more impactful than he is.
Not forward or as a mid or even as a back.
I think it’s worth the risk to trade for a pick to see if we can find more talent.
We really need more talent.

I'm watching some old highlights. He legitimately was easily the best player on the ground in the big matches. That's why we won 3. I don't know many others like him.
No doubt he's the best finals player in history.The Bont I like because of his consistency.

If the Smiling Back Pocket pretend midfielder is our next captain then we will regress further into our rebuild. We need to trade this guy out and let Toce do the rest. We don’t need to be paying overs for back pocket players as they can’t help us get to the top if they’re in our team. We need taller and faster mids or genuine forwards.
Agree that I don't want him captain, 50/50 on keeping him depending on what we have to pay and what might be offered in a trade.
My worry is we loose Baker for unders or at least not overs and keep Graham and Prestia for another season.

Dusty better than KB & Lethal, Voss?

seriously not even the best No 4 for RFC
It depends who is around them too. Maybe we overate Dusty because he had castagna, butler, Townsend around him? Seriously though I think when we look back in 10 years we will realise what the richnond premiership teams were, Dusty, reiwoldt, rance, cotchin, edwards and then good to average other players.

I can see it’s making a massive improvement and impression on our results this year???
We need to get young leaders now just like when Dimma first started. We have enough players with experience and leadership as it is without him. Unfortunately if you don’t have enough young talent coming through then more of these poor results will come.
The world must be ending mate , that’s a backhanded praise for Dumma

Agree that I don't want him captain, 50/50 on keeping him depending on what we have to pay and what might be offered in a trade.
My worry is we loose Baker for unders or at least not overs and keep Graham and Prestia for another season.
rather have Graham & prestia (both won't bring us any trade value) for 1 more year, then to miss the opportunity to cash in now and add another early draft pick.
The more quality kids we can bring in this draft, the better we will be in the coming few years.

I agree he’s a leader, a “do as I do” leader and I think he’s a great example of getting the best out of yourself as a player and producing your best effort as often as you can for as long as you can in a game.
But I can’t see him being any better or more impactful than he is.
Not forward or as a mid or even as a back.
I think it’s worth the risk to trade for a pick to see if we can find more talent.
We really need more talent.
Unless I’m completely wrong I expect our performance in next month will underline the justification in making some tough decisions , what do I mean ,,,with near enough to full strength side in from next week , I expect our performance won’t change much , so Blair needs to get to work and re birth our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rather have Graham & prestia (both won't bring us any trade value) for 1 more year, then to miss the opportunity to cash in now and add another early draft pick.
The more quality kids we can bring in this draft, the better we will be in the coming few years.
Na , I’d much prefer smith or tresize get a game ahead of graham ,,move him in on wish him well . If pres could play 15 plus a year , sure ,,,he can’t not even close

Dusty better than KB & Lethal, Voss?

seriously not even the best No 4 for RFC
Seen all the above.
All legends of our game.
But Dustys finals performances from 17 too 20 bar 18 prelim & 20 semi was why I regard him as the best.

As for the best #4 at the rfc.
I'd be happy too make it #44.

Seen all the above.
All legends of our game.
But Dustys finals performances from 17 too 20 bar 18 prelim & 20 semi was why I regard him as the best.

As for the best #4 at the rfc.
I'd be happy too make it #44.
Billy Brown?

We ll likely come bottom so hold all the aces when it comes to dealing

So if Baker wants to go, he is unrestricted isn't he? Meaning we don't get anything at all in terms of trade?

But Bolton, if he wants to go, he is still binded by his contract meaning he can get us high draft picks if clubs want him?

Also with Bolton, isn't he in year 1 of a 5 year contract?

Both Bolton and Baker met with the Eagles and Dockers during Richmond's bye period.

You have to ask why Bolton would be enquiring with other clubs when he has just started his 5-year contract? Unless he doesn't like it at Richmond anymore and/or he doesn't get along with the coach and/or there's the "go home" factor which has suddenly come on.

Who knows? Or.....is it because Richmond are not doing so well results wise and these players want to leave?? Again, who knows but there must be reasons as to why Bolton and Baker caught up with both Freo and West Coast.

Oh well, we see what happens come seasons end and whatever happens, let's hope Richmond do the right thing for Richmond going forward.

Also with Bolton, isn't he in year 1 of a 5 year contract?

Both Bolton and Baker met with the Eagles and Dockers during Richmond's bye period.

You have to ask why Bolton would be enquiring with other clubs when he has just started his 5-year contract? Unless he doesn't like it at Richmond anymore and/or he doesn't get along with the coach and/or there's the "go home" factor which has suddenly come on.

Who knows? Or.....is it because Richmond are not doing so well results wise and these players want to leave?? Again, who knows but there must be reasons as to why Bolton and Baker caught up with both Freo and West Coast.

Oh well, we see what happens come seasons end and whatever happens, let's hope Richmond do the right thing for Richmond going forward.
They just went to have a coffee with matty Clarke and wish him all the best on his new job

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back