Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker can piss right off if he leaves , no other club gave him a shot accept us to start his career.
Dumb And Dumber GIF

baker has better stats than shai bolton. We should get two first or a first an future first from freo

Any trade this year is massively slanted in our favour. Baker included.

No threat of PSD.
Baker if he leaves will want Richmond well looked after, not screwed over.
The mindset of some that we will have to accept this, have to take that is completely ridiculous.

As usual draft picks are massively overrated. Baker is a proven commodity and will give his all for the team.
Club would be lining up out the door to get him.

Do I think we'll get pick 3? Nope but we should be pushing for it with something going back. Hope he stays.

Any trade this year is massively slanted in our favour. Baker included.

No threat of PSD.
Baker if he leaves will want Richmond well looked after, not screwed over.
The mindset of some that we will have to accept this, have to take that is completely ridiculous.

As usual draft picks are massively overrated. Baker is a proven commodity and will give his all for the team.
Club would be lining up out the door to get him.

Do I think we'll get pick 3? Nope but we should be pushing for it with something going back. Hope he stays.
We're not getting pick 3 for an uncontracted player. The best we can get would be Fremantles best R1 pick if he chooses them. If it's WCE then as I said last night an easy deal is to ask for their R2 picks this year and next, which will both be inside the top 25 picks as it stands.

then we are F****

Should bank on a compensation pick if the contract we submitted was substantial
Baker isn't a free agent so there is no compensation pick

Love the guy, but I think if there is a big money contract on offer he should take it. He's achieved the ultimate success with us and like Rioli, I think that we have seen his best years and he is more likely to decline over that contract than get better.

I want to see us absolutely nail this draft and next draft with a bevy of picks and then launch ourselves back up the ladder towards the end of the Taranto and Hopper deals.

I don't think as the list currently is that we can be anything but aggressive in terms of our movements to improve. Turning a rookie pick into a first or second rounder is a fantastic return.

Love the guy, but I think if there is a big money contract on offer he should take it. He's achieved the ultimate success with us and like Rioli, I think that we have seen his best years and he is more likely to decline over that contract than get better.

I want to see us absolutely nail this draft and next draft with a bevy of picks and then launch ourselves back up the ladder towards the end of the Taranto and Hopper deals.

I don't think as the list currently is that we can be anything but aggressive in terms of our movements to improve. Turning a rookie pick into a first or second rounder is a fantastic return.
Bang on. He’s earned the right to choose as well. We know he loves the club, we’ve seen him bleed for us more than most.

It would be good to keep Baker if we lose Rioli but I get we may not have a choice. One of our many issues has been Rioli is the only defender who takes game on and breaks lines. The other defenders are not going to do that. Baker might be next best although not nearly as good as Rioli for that but with both gone are we relying on Short and Banks to gives us speed off half back for the next few years?

IMO, the Baker trade, if he even asks for it, will be one of the last done as both clubs will wait to see what actual picks they end up with through other trades of both picks and players.
If Dan Rioli asks for a move, we will get great compensation and we could use that to maybe get WCE first pick. It’s all pie in the sky guessing at present but like I said, I think it’ll get done late in the trade period when all variables become known.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be good to keep Baker if we lose Rioli but I get we may not have a choice. One of our many issues has been Rioli is the only defender who takes game on and breaks lines. The other defenders are not going to do that. Baker might be next best although not nearly as good as Rioli for that but with both gone are we relying on Short and Banks to gives us speed off half back for the next few years?
Rioli replacement ~ Hugo had 27 sprints. and has played down back in the VFL. Maybe Smith. Rioli reinvented himself as a HBF in 2022 I think.

Funnily enough pushed Baker out of the backline.

If he really wants to look after Richmond he'll stay for 12 more months and then leave to WCE end of 2025.. sign a deal worth $4.5M over 5 years and net us a band 1 compensation pick.

:)
Out of contract this year. Extend his contract with us for a year? Would that suit RFC

Maybe WA clubs drop their offers in 2025.

Out of contract this year. Extend his contract with us for a year? Would that suit RFC

Maybe WA clubs drop their offers in 2025.
They wouldn't as they wouldn't have to stump up any draft capital.. as we've seen since the introduction of FA, when teams acquire players via FA, they are happy to pay extra knowing they don't have to part with any draft picks.

Was a tongue in cheek comment anyway, but yes it would be great for us.

Get an extra 12 months out of him and get a top 3 pick in return.

I’ve always wanted a lost manager for when I don’t know directions somewhere . Best
I’m lost at the best of times

We’ve just hired shit Kildas sacked recruiter , i hope we nail the drafts as well but wouldn’t count on it

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back