Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

While I loved his performance yesterday, I'm mostly excited that there is now genuine competition for forward spots. The cream will rise to the top.
Overcome Randy Savage GIF

He looks next level over head.

Body control is elite, reads the play like a natural forward, and has an excellent leap.

Plenty to look forward to with this lad.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just seems so self-assured and confident. Growing up opposition teams probably took it as cockiness but it's not. He just knows what he can do and that what he can do it a bloody high level.

Round 1 :padlock:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice Game Zane was the highlight of the past weekend for sure.

How many goals are we putting him down for this year? He has a long way to go with his fitness, but the regularity to how he hit the scoreboard over the summer suggests 30 goals could be possible.
if he keeps getting on the end of a few oppo teams will begin paying a bit more attention to him, remember Aidey Mcadam,

Practice Game Zane was the highlight of the past weekend for sure.

How many goals are we putting him down for this year? He has a long way to go with his fitness, but the regularity to how he hit the scoreboard over the summer suggests 30 goals could be possible.
Possible yes but I hope fans are prepared for him to be inconsistent. Couple of 4 goal games and couple of 0 goal games. Will also be dictated by how well we are going as a team.

My tip is 19 goals from 16 games

Would love to see both Big Game Zane and Rockstar Eddie becoming rotating hybrid forward / mids in the next few years. Both were able to influence games from the midfield as juniors, have great marking hands and the ability to read the play coming into the forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Would love to see both Big Game Zane and Rockstar Eddie becoming rotating hybrid forward / mids in the next few years. Both were able to influence games from the midfield as juniors, have great marking hands and the ability to read the play coming into the forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our group of hybrid mid/forwards has got some serious x-factor.

The effect of Ford and Duursma controlling the marking contests across HF cannot be overstated.

McKercher and Duursma to debut in season opener​

Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma will make their AFL debuts on Saturday against Greater Western Sydney

240312-MD-Debutants-Colby-Zane-Hero.jpg

Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma will make their AFL debuts in North Melbourne’s season opener on Saturday against Greater Western Sydney.
The 18-year-olds arrived at Arden Street in November after being taken with the club’s first two selections – No.2 and No.4 – in the 2023 AFL Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back