A Change in the Psyche of the Freo Supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

BananaOnTheRun

Cancelled
Sep 12, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are we, as long-time suffers, who like Richmond supporters, have had our allegiance tried, ground down to a sharp instrument that we brandish stupidly but proudly, ready for ongoing success? Barring catastrophe, there is much to be excited about, but I have found myself perplexed over the course of the season just gone, wondering, where the **** has all this been for the past 16 or so years?

A win lasts a good week, it puts a spring in your step and a popular tune is more likely to creep into your head. A winning culture, though, imbues life with extra distinction - flavours are fuller, music is remarkable, all women are beautiful and positivity and good fortune abounds. in 2011, I say let it rain down on me. The great depression is over. *

* This is the longest off season in history. :thumbsdown:

x-files-believe1.jpg

Haha, i now feel proud to be a Fremantle supporter, rather than passionate but slighlty embarrassed. I legitimately think we are going places, and even if we dont, we will see some exhilerating football from this group along the way :thumbsu:

Haha, i now feel proud to be a Fremantle supporter, rather than passionate but slighlty embarrassed. I legitimately think we are going places, and even if we dont, we will see some exhilerating football from this group along the way :thumbsu:

couldnt have put it better myself :thumbsu: makes life easier with those walking punchlines down the road being so pathetic :D and whenever they say "well atleast we have won 3 premierships" i quickly respond " yeah well two were with state teams and the third was thanks to drugs... when we win ours in the next couple of years it will be the first legit WA premiership, so you can suck my balls!!" :D

god i miss footy :(

There is nothing like hope and optimisim for the coming season :D

As a long suffering Collingwood supporter and seeing my team lose Grand Finals we could/should of won, I realised that it's more important to enjoy the wins during the season, enjoy the players coming through and improving, if your team make the finals they have done well, if they make the Grand Final they are lucky and if they win, it's extremely lucky.... they don't happen often. We can sometimes get ahead and think it will just happen.

So with that I say good luck, enjoy the wins in 2011 and hopefully your team will be lucky ;)

There is nothing like hope and optimisim for the coming season :D

As a long suffering Collingwood supporter and seeing my team lose Grand Finals we could/should of won, I realised that it's more important to enjoy the wins during the season, enjoy the players coming through and improving, if your team make the finals they have done well, if they make the Grand Final they are lucky and if they win, it's extremely lucky.... they don't happen often. We can sometimes get ahead and think it will just happen.

So with that I say good luck, enjoy the wins in 2011 and hopefully your team will be lucky ;)

Thanks, but if we're going by your criteriae ( pleural for you literary plebs!), I'll take the "extremely lucky" option.... if that's ok? :D

Thanks, but if we're going by your criteriae ( pleural for you literary plebs!), I'll take the "extremely lucky" option.... if that's ok? :D

Criteria is plural. Criterion is singular :D ... but this is a footy board.

And yes, it is nice to head into a season with genuine optimism - the time they are a-changin'!

couldnt have put it better myself :thumbsu: makes life easier with those walking punchlines down the road being so pathetic :D and whenever they say "well atleast we have won 3 premierships" i quickly respond " yeah well two were with state teams and the third was thanks to drugs... when we win ours in the next couple of years it will be the first legit WA premiership, so you can suck my balls!!" :D

god i miss footy :(
Do you feel big when you say that? It's quite impressive. ;)

I can sense a change in the psyche of the Freo fan.

Of course, I'm just a little circumspect because I also felt this way heading into 2004 and 2007. :eek::(

Nevertheless, 2011 does seem different. I really think we're on track. :thumbsu: All hail Harves and Bondy and Lloyd et al.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main change is in the mindset

Previously it has all been about a hope that we will do well - the old "oh well, there's always next season" which you could hear echoing around Subiaco after our last game for whatever season it was

Now there is an expectation - almost knowing that we will do well in 2011

We have shed almost everything that pre 2010 Fremantle would have associated itself with - jumper and colours, culture, players, coaches etc.

It's on the up down at Freo :)

Ill see it when I believe it. I will still be happy if Freo finish 8th even though if we get thumped by the 5th placed team, It will be a sign of progress and most importanly, improvement if we get into the finals.

Ive been a Freo fan Since 2002 and I have walked tall kept my chin up and stayed strong through out the years. Since 2002 Ive seen success, Some frustration and some really moments of diasater here. In 2003 and 2006 we made finals but miss out next season. We need more finals appearences.

Ironically My favourite and least favourite moment was against the crows.

Favourite moment: Qualifying final against the crows in 2006. Saw Freo in a final and had the honour of being there. Im Living in SA im glad they had a final here.:thumbsu:

Worst moment: Round 15, July 11th 2009. Black Saturday at AAMI stadium. Freo Kicked 1 goal and 7 behinds. we didnt get a goal at the 1st half and I was mentally paralysed. Yet I stayed and watched the whole game while other fans would of bailed out. Its called loyalty.

Favourite moment: Qualifying final against the crows in 2006. Saw Freo in a final and had the honour of being there. Im Living in SA im glad they had a final here.:thumbsu:

Worst moment: Round 15, July 11th 2009. Black Saturday at AAMI stadium. Freo Kicked 1 goal and 7 behinds. we didnt get a goal at the 1st half and I was mentally paralysed. Yet I stayed and watched the whole game while other fans would of bailed out. Its called loyalty.

I was at both of these games as well. The 1 goal 7 point game was hard to take. Lucky crows supporters arent too bad

I was at both of these games as well. The 1 goal 7 point game was hard to take. Lucky crows supporters arent too bad

Reckon anyone at that game has earned their stripes for life:thumbsu:. Recall being at Manuka in late 2006 watching a woeful Geelong lose to North. Sat with a bunch of Geelong fans who couldn't understand how such a talented list could be performing like that. Luckily they kept the faith.

Previously it has all been about a hope that we will do well - the old "oh well, there's always next season" which you could hear echoing around Subiaco after our last game for whatever season it was

We have shed almost everything that pre 2010 Fremantle would have associated itself with - jumper and colours, culture, players, coaches etc.

It was like someday in the future freo fans will see the light at end of the tunnel.Now we can see a ray of sunlight at the end of this tunnel.We would eventually get things right;coach,drafting and a winning feeling.If 2011 is the same as last year then we know we really have changed.

the lads have been training in the jumpers they'll take to the field next year. the hippy in me with the 'magic happens' sticker plastered on my forehead likes this powerful narrative forming. did someone say acid?

Reckon anyone at that game has earned their stripes for life:thumbsu:. Recall being at Manuka in late 2006 watching a woeful Geelong lose to North. Sat with a bunch of Geelong fans who couldn't understand how such a talented list could be performing like that. Luckily they kept the faith.

At 1st it was a horrible moment we got those bastard crows back next season on round 1, 2010 with Michael Barlow tearing those Neil Craig Worshippers a new arseh*le.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

A Change in the Psyche of the Freo Supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back