Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there, too, a few rows back. I recognised the Collingwood's fan face from somewhere...I'm fairly sure he's an ex-Swans employee, which makes it even funnier.
Hahaha that is even funnier if true. Bloke was an absolute tosser however - hope he spends the summer crying over his spilt milk.

Blakey and Florent had iffy moments but thought they took a lot from the game .

Blakey just needs to tidy up his one on one work, or we need to keep him from having to do it at all.

Florents season was summed up in one play in the fourth and awesome run and bounce around a few then kicked into the man on the mark.

felt a bit for florent on that play. moore is by himself in 50 metres of space. gulden is not making any lead at all into the space that is there and which might have been the easiest kick for florent - ie where he was running. and amartey is also leading towards the goal away from florent. his best option is a 30 metre chip over cameron to amartey - not an easy kick

This was really rammed home when a contributor posted last night that his grandmother died but he was mainly feeling down because the Swans got thrashed in a football game last week. He was saying how he’d had a bad week because of the Swans and mentioned that his grandmother died “which didn’t help, but the footy was worse”. I found that oddly disturbing and simply can’t relate to that level of obsession. It is only a game ffs.

How about you go and get ****ed judgemental prick.

Admittedly I didn't need to mention it at all, but unless I broke a bigfooty rule saying it who cares.

She and I shared a bond over footy, over dark humour and she was wanting to die for ages, she even said I'll try to cark it near the grand final so you get a few days off and our last chat sunday she said well I won't worry about that now. I don't even really think I put a second of thought into how I worded it.

Sorry to derail the thread but wow ****en judgemental arseh*le.

“If” we beat Essendon?

My good sir - it’s Essendon.

We shall p*ss it in.

Sydney like to make Essendon and Marvel games more complicated than they need to be

This was really rammed home when a contributor posted last night that his grandmother died but he was mainly feeling down because the Swans got thrashed in a football game last week. He was saying how he’d had a bad week because of the Swans and mentioned that his grandmother died “which didn’t help, but the footy was worse”. I found that oddly disturbing and simply can’t relate to that level of obsession. It is only a game ffs.
Nice of you to post aftet a win.

Goulburn Swans v Cootamundra Blues today, I have asked them to not leave it to the last quarter to get over the line!!!
Your local team is the Swans? Mines called the Terang-Mortlake Bloods

How about you go and get ****ed judgemental prick.

Admittedly I didn't need to mention it at all, but unless I broke a bigfooty rule saying it who cares.

She and I shared a bond over footy, over dark humour and she was wanting to die for ages, she even said I'll try to cark it near the grand final so you get a few days off and our last chat sunday she said well I won't worry about that now. I don't even really think I put a second of thought into how I worded it.

Sorry to derail the thread but wow ****en judgemental arseh*le.

Yeah, sorry. I knew it was an unfortunate comment as soon as I posted it. I didn’t mean to judge you personally. I will delete.

Sorry about your grandmother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the actual game, it was a great win. It broke our close game hoodoo and should restore some confidence. There were even signs of life from Blakey and Mills in the last. With Melican and hopefully Papley to come back soon (not holding out too much hope for McInnerney), it can only get better.

Hopefully it breaks the cycle of ludicrous negativity that crept in after the last few weeks. I mean, I’m a champion of negativity - I wanted to punch everyone praising the team after the last qtr capitulations against Brisbane and St Kilda - but it got a bit too existential for my taste after last week.

I hope the McDonald back experiment is now over. He didn’t disgrace himself back there and was even better than McCartin in the second qtr, but we looked so much better when he went forward, Mills back, and Fox off.

Next week is a danger game. Essendon should be just a little bit worse than Collingwood, but who knows which version of the Swans will turn up. Win that one though, and we have the minor premiership sewn up. I can’t see us losing to Adelaide with nothing to play for no matter what.

Last edited:
The eyebrow raiser for me was in the last quarter when Mills got the ball in the d50 and handballed it under pressure to a player running past. The difference with this handball was that, although it was under pressure, it wasn't a get out of jail handball, but rather a handball with aggressive intent. It started a chain down the ground and we started to run.

It was at that point that I think we stopped just running to chase players and started to run to create. For mine (yes, mine) that is when it started to change.
Yep agree. Mills has been good at these sort of handballs traditionally, waiting for the right option to handball to, which springboards an an inside 50 usually.. Also helped the corridor wasn't clogged up with pies, maybe they were spent in the last q.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Campbell in was s great call, he was very good
JJ excellent and vital in keeping Collingwood gettable
Roberts maturing before our eyes, arguably our best over the past few rubbish games and very good last night
Parker immense and played a key role
Hayward played tough and set the scene

The cream rose to the top, and it was the above guys who fave them the platform

I think it’s obvious now that Parker should have come straight back in. Horse’s biggest mistake this season was not trusting him. It was ridiculous keeping him a sub over the last little while. For me, he’s indispensable whether he plays forward or at the bounce. He kickstarted the clearances that got us the win after being moved back into the middle, and along with Hayward, kept us on life support up forward when we were struggling in the first 3 quarters.

Adams is becoming a bit of a problem. I’m not really sure what he’s good at anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back