Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Simmo, a champion player, wonderful person and a great leader.

Weagles you've got yourself a beauty. Hopefully he'll end up back at Arden Street in the future.

Excited by the appointment, he's first test will come in the drafting/trading period.

I hope he's up for it.

I've always liked Simpson as a player and heard him often talked up in the coaching circles, given the other candidates and the time spent to announce the coach, I'm confident he'll be a success.

Prepared for another mediocre year if he implements a strategy that looks like taking us to the next level.

So many Freo chip-ins on this appointment.

Necessary? Not really.

So working on this theory, you never post in a Fremantle thread?

On topic, good appointment, Simpson deserves a chance in a senior gig. Apprenticeship done at a few different type of clubs.

This is where Suma falls down in my opinion, he really needed to get out of Perth. But I'm happy he is staying at Freo for now!

Can the Freo fans in this thread please stfu? You're all making fools of yourselves, it's embarrassing.

Good get for the eagles I'd say, although they were saying Melbourne thought he needed 2 more years before he was ready. Hopefully brings some good new ideas to the club and ensures they're playing good competitive footy over the next 3 years.

You've never seen him coach. How are you 'back'?

Some supporters follow so blindly it startles me.
The comment was regarding the board, you idiot.

We've formed a boys club. Selecting Simpson over Suma is a step in the right direction back to when our club was ruthless.

Another, new, fresh face in the coaching ranks. Looking forward to plenty of press conferences full of "certainly", "roles", "structures", "super competitive" and "going forward".

These guys might know something about footy, but we have a very bland bunch of blokes at the minute.

Happy to get Simpson as i think we need a fresh perspective, but i do feel a little sad for Suma as i wonder now if he'll ever get the opportunity to be a senior coach.

He will he is quality has done good things with freo's hamstrung forward-line.
Things is he's not well spoken in front of the media that is what is holding him back IMO. Not something he can rectify easily, we're glad to keep him though.

Edit- Also his penchant for fairly bread in the coaches box may have cost him a look in as well ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see another fresh face. Plenty to look forward to.

I understand eagle love for Worsfold but I am sure supporters are happy to have a new direction and hope. The board made the right decision.

Yeah should make for a good game when we play 'what's-his-mantle' next year:thumbsu:

not sure if genuine troll, didn't get simpsons reference or thinks I am trolling

homer_simpson-12447.gif

not sure if genuine troll, didn't get simpsons reference or thinks I am trolling

homer_simpson-12447.gif

Yeah I first thought it was a Simpsons reference and not a troll.

Also, I have again abused my mod powers to change the thread title to another reference to a Matt Groening show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back