Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I first thought it was a Simpsons reference and not a troll.

Also, I have again abused my mod powers to change the thread title to another reference to a Matt Groening show.

Almost needs an obligatory "good news, everyone!". Almost

I feel sorry for Suma, this was his perfect job opportunity.

There's obviously just something holding him back from being a senior coach. His petty jab at Ash Smith on 6PR hours after he didn't get the job probably sums up what he would be like as a coach, and that's why he's just not getting jobs.

I was happy with either Simpson or Suma, but in a way it's nice to see a fresh face instead of a previous Eagles player and assistant coach. And Suma defected to Freo so **** him!

Oh the cult of Nic Nat it never ceases to amaze, that guy is so full of himself and his overrated ability; it's just so tragic to see WC supporters and media hang off his every update like he is the messiah bringing them back to the promised land. Not gonna happen.

Shame Suma didn't get the job he recognised all of this. Maybe Simpson does as well but with his game plan and outsider status will WC supporters give him a fair shake? sadly not I reckon.

I feel sorry for Suma, this was his perfect job opportunity.

There's obviously just something holding him back from being a senior coach. His petty jab at Ash Smith on 6PR hours after he didn't get the job probably sums up what he would be like as a coach, and that's why he's just not getting jobs.

I was happy with either Simpson or Suma, but in a way it's nice to see a fresh face instead of a previous Eagles player and assistant coach. And Suma defected to Freo so **** him!

He's coached and played more games at Freo oval than he played for your mob :thumbsu:

not sure if genuine troll, didn't get simpsons reference or thinks I am trolling

homer_simpson-12447.gif
Sorry mate..didn't realise the title of this thread had changed yet again.

Another, new, fresh face in the coaching ranks. Looking forward to plenty of press conferences full of "certainly", "roles", "structures", "super competitive" and "going forward".

These guys might know something about footy, but we have a very bland bunch of blokes at the minute.

"We'll go away and lick our wounds" seems to be on particularly high rotation down Freo way. Heard it once on the podium and twice in the presser on GF day.

Sorry mate..didn't realise the title of this thread had changed yet again.

Haha no worries :thumbsu:

I think Forward Press might be on a bit of a rampage here

"ooh, another cool Simpsons reference/quote. Must find a way to work it in to the thread of the title somewhere!"

(thinks of the children/and may god help us all/look! a bear/boy, i think you know what i'm thinking etc.)

Edit:

Also there was a Smithers who played for Souths a few years back, either bring him out of retirement to play (probably too old) or recruit him on the coaching staff. Preferably by getting the CEO to get his limo to drive along side him while he's walking and offer him a job - but he has to be walking to work at the time. Otherwise no deal

Good news, glad to have an outsider come into the club hopefully can get the boys mindset right and a better game plan - I want to see fire in the coaches box also not seeing them sit there and take it like they are having tea with the queen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Clarkson apprenticeship served, and a full-time gig given.
Clarkson? I don't think so. Simmo was a pretty impressive guy from the word go. His only downfall was he couldn't kick. His idea's on football are first class and he will make a fantastic coach. The only problem is it's the ****ing Eagles.

I don't know very much about Simpson so for those of you who do... what's he like as far as being a hard arse? and by that I mean is he the kind of bloke to give underperforming players some leniency or is he likely to crack the whip on a few of our list cloggers

Ugh great! First we have Hardwick taking it up to the master and now we may have Simpson doing the same thing!

Good pickup by the Eagles and hope he does well for you!

I don't know very much about Simpson so for those of you who do... what's he like as far as being a hard arse? and by that I mean is he the kind of bloke to give underperforming players some leniency or is he likely to crack the whip on a few of our list cloggers

Story from the North board

Rohan Connolly once spoke of some time he spent at Arden St while Simmo was playing. One of the new players was getting changed, and in the process dropped his North jumper to the ground.

Apparently Simmo went through him at the top of his voice, leaving the player and the other newbies with no doubt that disrespecting the colours was disrespecting the club, and would therefore never be tolerated.

I've pretty much wanted Simmo to be our next coach ever since I heard that story.

Haha no worries :thumbsu:

I think Forward Press might be on a bit of a rampage here

"ooh, another cool Simpsons reference/quote. Must find a way to work it in to the thread of the title somewhere!"

(thinks of the children/and may god help us all/look! a bear/boy, i think you know what i'm thinking etc.)

Edit:

Also there was a Smithers who played for Souths a few years back, either bring him out of retirement to play (probably too old) or recruit him on the coaching staff. Preferably by getting the CEO to get his limo to drive along side him while he's walking and offer him a job - but he has to be walking to work at the time. Otherwise no deal

How about Waylen Manson? :p

I like how we now have Burns working under Simpson instead of the other way around.

Thread title changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back