Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

My only concern with Simmo is perhaps he may be a little out of his depths early on with the amount of coaches who have moved out of West Coast, however I have no doubt in due time he will turn us around with the boards support. One thing Simmo will get is full board support even if we go backwards in the next few years, the expectation of success is not impeded by the need to get results no matter the cost.

Possible 10 year coach in the making.

Amazing how the reputation of these assistant coaches is built - we really don't have much of an idea of what impact they make.

But yes, Simmo is really well regarded. Was surprised when we got him, he had either played the year before or only been out for a year. He was raw, but has clearly come along in leaps and bounds.

Apart from winning premierships - the next major achievement for a successful coach is to see his assistants reach success. Getting senior roles is one thing - watching them succeed is another.

Clarkos boy Dimma has finally got Richmond playing finals (despite the disappointing result). Now, as a Clarko fan I will also be watching GWS and west coast, to see them both rise up the ladder.

I wonder if left footers will become prime cattle in these future years?

Amazing how the reputation of these assistant coaches is built - we really don't have much of an idea of what impact they make.

But yes, Simmo is really well regarded. Was surprised when we got him, he had either played the year before or only been out for a year. He was raw, but has clearly come along in leaps and bounds.

Apart from winning premierships - the next major achievement for a successful coach is to see his assistants reach success. Getting senior roles is one thing - watching them succeed is another.

Clarkos boy Dimma has finally got Richmond playing finals (despite the disappointing result). Now, as a Clarko fan I will also be watching GWS and west coast, to see them both rise up the ladder.

I wonder if left footers will become prime cattle in these future years?[/b]

Educate thyself, Simmo finished playing in 2009 and has been an assistant at Hawthorn for the past three years.

Simpson renowned for putting his head over the ball and playing hard but fair.

Few Eagles players in for a culture shock.

I mean, Simmo played with the Duck. He won't want to coach a bunch of them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, Simmo played with the Duck. He won't want to coach a bunch of them though.

We've gotten rid of Adam Selwood and Ashton Hams already, might need to update your joke repertoire. :thumbsu:

For some reason, I really get the feeling West Coast dodged a bullet by overlooking Sumich. Has always struck me as a bit of a w***er, and his mini-outburst on radio after missing out confirmed this. Was hoping Simpson would get our senior assistant position.

Disclaimer: thought Mark Neeld would be the saviour of the MFC

Would not be surprised to see a certain short-arsed Korean guy take up an assistant's position at WCE. He was talking Simpson up big time on 6PR a few weeks back - as the candidate WC should go after as their new coach. Simmo's best mate (each was best man at the other's wedding), brilliant footy brain, absolutely eked every bit of talent, and then some, out of himself - weags could do worse than have him in their club.

(I might cry just a little bit if it did happen to eventuate... but I'd get over it...)

Would not be surprised to see a certain short-arsed Korean guy take up an assistant's position at WCE. He was talking Simpson up big time on 6PR a few weeks back - as the candidate WC should go after as their new coach. Simmo's best mate (each was best man at the other's wedding), brilliant footy brain, absolutely eked every bit of talent, and then some, out of himself - weags could do worse than have him in their club.

(I might cry just a little bit if it did happen to eventuate... but I'd get over it...)

Has said short-arsed Korean guy done any coaching?
I wonder whether it is a condition of coaching in the AFL that the applicant has to have taken a coaching course.

If not, and the shirt-arsed Korean was interested and available, I think he would be a good fit.

(I'm sure you would get over it, after all, we left Suma for you)

I have read this rumor already and re-posted it the other day on our board.

Both WC and Freo have tried a couple of times to convince him to come on board as a coach, but in 2011 he stated he needed another 12 months to get his business interests in order. Said he was still very keen on coaching in the near future.

He would be a great fit for the midfield development coach role vacated by Eastaugh. Smart player, wise footy head, down to earth and a great communicator. Hope the rumor is true.

Bell's the kind of bloke I'd love in a role at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back