Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

cant wait for 2014 season to start now.

Fingers crossed we can scrape into the 8 during 2014 while the players get used to a new game plan and our list clears out a bit. A lot of list cloggers that need to be chopped and someone from outside WA is just the person to do it.

Surely must be a better match day coach than Woosha was.

Surely his first task will be to sort out that midfield. Conca would have been a good get, Martin too (off field issues aside). Can Yeo play in the midfield? Certainly looks to have the tools but if he does end up at the Eagles I see him slitting nicely into Ash Smiths position.

Dom Sheed must be at the top of their list for the upcoming draft..

There's obviously just something holding him back from being a senior coach. His petty jab at Ash Smith on 6PR hours after he didn't get the job probably sums up what he would be like as a coach, and that's why he's just not getting jobs.

That lacked a bit of tact really, he would have been better served to simply respect the decision of the board and talk about Freo's great year and future. To have a dig at the board and bang on about 'non-football people' making decisions...not a great advert for future employers....

I doubt he'll ever be a senior coach.

Julie Bishop on the board of directors at the Eagles? ... How the **** did that happen?

101641-obama-eagle-top.gif

Another Clarkson apprenticeship served, and a full-time gig given.
Yep and all from the same football factory down at Arden Street. ;)

Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson........

Nothing but best wishes for Simmo, an absolute gun of a bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a genuinely nice bloke. Need to be pretty bold at trade period and get some mids in. Unearthing talent in the draft may be too late for an impatient WCE board. Great forward line but there isn't many worse midfields in the comp than theirs.

Sumich WCE senior coach, July 2016.

More abuse of power by mods re: the thread title - don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

I used that video clip to reinforce to my Year 9s that the idea of a 'wasted vote' for a third party doesn't apply in Australia but when many didn't laugh I realised that all of them were born after that particular Simpsons episode first aired. :(

Surely his first task will be to sort out that midfield. Conca would have been a good get, Martin too (off field issues aside). Can Yeo play in the midfield? Certainly looks to have the tools but if he does end up at the Eagles I see him slitting nicely into Ash Smiths position.

Dom Sheed must be at the top of their list for the upcoming draft..

Sheed is the obvious choice because he's a WA lad and won the B&F in the U18 champs and supposably a top 10 pick of which we have 6.

But reading about him he's described as an elite endurance mid but one paced, one sided and needs to learn to take the longer riskier option other than the short easy option. He gets plenty of it and can kick goals.

Sounds like a slightly better Priddis with a more balanced game. I think he'll end up like an Andrew Swallow which is not a bad thing.

But the Eagles need pace and an elite kicking mid who gets plenty of it.

I just don't think Sheeds is a lock for the Eagles.

I don't disagree that Sumich has probably missed the boat but I have to laugh at comments like " yeah I'd say he's not good enough" how the **** would anyone know?
Sometimes the face fits,sometimes it doesn't.

Sheed is the obvious choice because he's a WA lad and won the B&F in the U18 champs and supposably a top 10 pick of which we have 6.

But reading about him he's described as an elite endurance mid but one paced, one sided and needs to learn to take the longer riskier option other than the short easy option. He gets plenty of it and can kick goals.

Sounds like a slightly better Priddis with a more balanced game. I think he'll end up like an Andrew Swallow which is not a bad thing.

I just don't think Sheeds is a lock for the Eagles.

Garlett?

Would love it if he slipped to our second pick

This is completely wrong.

He is similar to a goal kicking Simon Black, if any player.

Elite decision maker, super smooth in traffic and at stoppages, not quite the elite hand pass of Black but a better kick and dual sided.

Very nice combo of inside/outside ability.

This is completely wrong.

He is similar to a goal kicking Simon Black, if any player.

Elite decision maker, super smooth in traffic and at stoppages, not quite the elite hand pass of Black but a better kick and dual sided.

Very nice combo of inside/outside ability.

Well if we do take him at 6 I hope those attributes are spot on.

Smart users is what we need and if a player is quick with good decisions in close then great.

Sam Mitchell isn't quick by leg speed but he certainly impacts a game with great disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson appointed new WC coach - fans feel 'less shame'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back