Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

On the barra and quatermain podcast, they were suggesting that cox is the likely next coach. Any of the assistants as caretakers makes no difference, as the next coach must be outside of this current boys club.

That still leaves optics.

I’ll leave the fait accompli of Cox being the next coach go thru to the keeper.

I don't think cox should be the next coach unless he comes out on top after a merit based selection process.

8b3cc032c22d12564b4528a3742cca8f.jpg

It's Saturday night and we're on a football forum. We all need to get a life

I'm the sort of operator that will not only pour my Guinness into the glass correctly but then also sit there in marvel and watch it cascade until it is ready to consume, every single time. I already knew I needed to get a life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no point in sacking simmo when the season is nearly over. Think logic people.

Let's be real Pyke know we are such shit side and state. His view on us is low. His expectation of us is the floor.

That's why I like Pyke he is under no illusional that bar is the floor

Maximum extractable value just might be keep Simmo for the year, and he gets us to another Pick 1 and maybe priority picks too, then we at least get something for the $1M payout...

I don't have much respect for players sharing bitchy texts about the coach from other players to the media. Did they have the permission of the players who are in the texts to show those texts? Have they told Simpson to his face what they think? I doubt it on both counts. Pretty cowardly behaviour.

So, i feel for Simpson for having to put up with that crap from those low quality individuals doing it. At the same time it is another indictment of Simpson that we have a culture at the club that has led the people involved in this to think it is acceptable. Why does anybody at the club think that this is OK? Does anybody remember anything like this hapenning in recent memory at other clubs when they went through a process that ended up with coach being sacked? Lets face it, the culture at our club is s***. We are never going to succeed whilst people at the club are in a frame of mind where this stuff is acceptable. We need the whip cracked really hard on this playing group.

I noticed old mate Ryan Daniels is jumping on the sack Simmo bandwagon now. That bloke is a completely gutless toadie and bootlicker who never says anything that the powers that be at the clubs don't want being said. If he has come out bagging Simmo then that means, at the very least, that he thinks Simmo is 100% gone and there won't be any blowback on him in terms of reduced access to the club next year as a result of him writing that article. It may even mean that he has been encouraged by people at the club above Simpson to write it as they are gently and subtly preparing the fanbase for Simmo's removal and conditioning us to expect it before it happens so it is not a shock and there is limited negative reaction from the fanbase. In any case, it is a pretty clear signal that the corpse is not just dead but is now starting to decompose when the vulture who is always last to the meal because of cowardice starts swooping in.

I don't have much respect for players sharing bitchy texts about the coach from other players to the media. Did they have the permission of the players who are in the texts to show those texts? Have they told Simpson to his face what they think? I doubt it on both counts. Pretty cowardly behaviour.

So, i feel for Simpson for having to put up with that crap from those low quality individuals doing it. At the same time it is another indictment of Simpson that we have a culture at the club that has led the people involved in this to think it is acceptable. Why does anybody at the club think that this is OK? Does anybody remember anything like this hapenning in recent memory at other clubs when they went through a process that ended up with coach being sacked? Lets face it, the culture at our club is s***. We are never going to succeed whilst people at the club are in a frame of mind where this stuff is acceptable. We need the whip cracked really hard on this playing group.
Telling your boss you think he's a campaigner usually doesn't end well.

I'll say it again, Buckley sucks. Look how much more McRae got out of that squad the moment Bucks got the arse.

If we want a 2nd rate coach who has only lost GF, we might as well get Ross Lyon.
You seriously underestimate the affect Nick daicos had year one off the half back line he was instrumental in the running rebound plays. Year 2 same and then also went into the midfield punching forward 50 entries and goals assists for fun. No daicos no pies.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

In any case, it is a pretty clear signal that the corpse is not just dead but is now starting to decompose when the vulture who is always last to the meal because of cowardice starts swooping in.

It’s not cowardice.

Almost everyone in the AFL media can see what many members and fans have see for 3 years (or more) now.

The players haven’t ‘seen’ it. They’ve experienced it, in person, at their workplace for the entire duration of West Coast’s decline.

If the members, fans, players and media are all saying the same thing, then it’s pretty obvious an immediate change is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back