Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesser getting dropped with jones and Rotham remaining with LEdwards being brought in just shows it’s going to be much the same under new coach.

Just speaks to how pathetic things are down at WAFL level to be honest. Sacking the coach wasn't magically gonna un-shit the players or team.

Does Optus sell half a beer?

GSKmKNbbEAADqAz

You'd think this is the final look they're giving themselves at Ledwards (which is dumb considering he's been around a long time) before they make a call on delisting him.

If that's the case I can live with it.

I want Jamaine out of this team FFS. I'm well off that bloke in this side or on our list in general. Likewise Rotham. Hopefully they both miss.

Chesser out is good, need to break the cycle of him in that gimp wing position. Total waste of a first round draft pick at this point.

Culley in with Trew is also a tick. See how that plays out.

I'd give the team selection 3 "fold the clubs" out of 5.

Don’t reckon it’s a coincidence that out of contract players like Ledwards, Trew, Culley have been included. A chance to play for their footballing lives.

I wonder how many of them will actually make the 23?

Problem is Schofield probably wants the Eagles job and if not that gig, a future coaching role elsewhere. He wont be prepared to make massive changes and end with a bad loss ratio. Almost wouldve preferred some no name in the coaches box for the remainder of the year. Or better yet, a collective of coaches.

There are changes, for better or worse. Isn't that first time this season we've seen Darling on the bench? Looks like last stand for some, maybe turning over the list through the last 7 games...

Darling on the bench makes his 300th game at the end of the year look shaky. I wonder what's gonna happen with him.
No need to rush to make it there this year. If he makes it this year, his 300th would be down in the Geelong, may as well leave it until next year and have it at Optus. Hes got another year on the contract anyway, hes decent depth in the WAFL at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is Schofield probably wants the Eagles job and if not that gig, a future coaching role elsewhere. He wont be prepared to make massive changes and end with a bad loss ratio. Almost wouldve preferred some no name in the coaches box for the remainder of the year. Or better yet, a collective of coaches.

You reckon he'll roll with the side that got his predecessor sacked, because that will secure him the job?

I dont want Culley and Trew both in at the same time, they both are only worth a list spot as a midfielder, and considering we have Reid, Yeo and Kelly who have to be in there we probably cant carry both of them.

Ideally one of them gets a game, the other doesnt. Give Trew a game this week for example, if hes good enough over 2 weeks then bring in Culley alongside him imo. If both suck then Hall gets a couple of games to end the year.

Idk why tf LEdwards is in the 26 man squad even, hopefully its just a last chance play well or get out sort of situation

Looking at the extended bench and who’s likely to make the cut

Rotham is the only defender so he probably survives

Hoping for Trew, Culley and Maric to make up the rest of the bench

Brockman to be the sub

Jones, Darling and LEdwards to miss

No need to rush to make it there this year. If he makes it this year, his 300th would be down in the Geelong, may as well leave it until next year and have it at Optus. Hes got another year on the contract anyway, hes decent depth in the WAFL at least
Glad someone pointed that out re JDs 300th.

And yes to JD bolstering the Beagles. Win:win.

Chesser getting dropped with jones and Rotham remaining with LEdwards being brought in just shows it’s going to be much the same under new coach.
They're not mutually exclusive though.

I don't think Chesser can consider himself unlucky to be dropped.
He's had a fair crack at it.

Ledwards and Jones shouldn't be near the side IMO.
Witherden also lucky to keep his spot.

Having said that, depending on tomorrow's cut, there could be up to 5 changes.

Just speaks to how pathetic things are down at WAFL level to be honest. Sacking the coach wasn't magically gonna un-shit the players or team.
The problem is Jarrad Schofield is incentivised to get results. Stick with the old shit 25 year olds

They're not mutually exclusive though.

I don't think Chesser can consider himself unlucky to be dropped.
He's had a fair crack at it.

Ledwards and Jones shouldn't be near the side IMO.
Witherden also lucky to keep his spot.

Having said that, depending on tomorrow's cut, there could be up to 5 changes.
There’s at least four players that should have been dropped before Chesser. If we are serious about a rebuild jones, darling, Rotham, Luke edwards, witherden shouldn’t be ahead.

Looking at the extended bench and who’s likely to make the cut

Rotham is the only defender so he probably survives

Hoping for Trew, Culley and Maric to make up the rest of the bench

Brockman to be the sub

Jones, Darling and LEdwards to miss

How about Rotham out, Yeo back, making room for a fringe midfielder?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s at least four players that should have been dropped before Chesser. If we are serious about a rebuild jones, darling, Rotham, Luke edwards, witherden shouldn’t be ahead.
JJ, Darling, Rotham and Witherden all play different roles to Chesser, so theyre not really comparable.

LEdwards I agree, he might just be an emergency though, and Schofield might want Chesser to play a slightly different role or something.
If we want Culley and Trew to get a shot then at least one of our mids needs to go out, cant play them all + add 2 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back