Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s at least four players that should have been dropped before Chesser. If we are serious about a rebuild jones, darling, Rotham, Luke edwards, witherden shouldn’t be ahead.
I know you've got a hard-on for Chesser, but surely you can see he's been given an extended run.

Again, I don't think some of those players mentioned should be in the side, but that doesn't mean Chesser should be as well.

Let him go and work on his game in the wafl.

I know you've got a hard-on for Chesser, but surely you can see he's been given an extended run.

Again, I don't think some of those players mentioned should be in the side, but that doesn't mean Chesser should be as well.

Let him go and work on his game in the wafl.
Do you actually disagree with what I have said? Tell me which of those you prefer to play over Chesser.

I would be more than happy with him getting dropped for other young players.

Do you actually disagree with what I have said? Tell me which of those you prefer to play over Chesser.

I would be more than happy with him getting dropped for other young players.
I don't think you would be happy for Chesser to get dropped for anyone.

You can't just pick sides based on age.

JJ, Darling, Rotham and Witherden all play different roles to Chesser, so theyre not really comparable.

LEdwards I agree, he might just be an emergency though, and Schofield might want Chesser to play a slightly different role or something.
If we want Culley and Trew to get a shot then at least one of our mids needs to go out, cant play them all + add 2 more
They don’t have to play the same role? Plenty of young players could replace those players.

Hunt could move to the backline in witherden and Rothams role anyway. Darling is playing in a position that should be filled by a fast outside player.

The problem is Jarrad Schofield is incentivised to get results. Stick with the old shit 25 year olds

Depends on what criteria they’re using to judge him on - wins or development. Maybe there’s been instructions to rotate players through over the next 7 weeks

It’d also be helpful if we knew who is on the match committee now Simpson has left. I doubt Schofield has as much sway over final selection as Simpson probably had for example

I don't think you would be happy for Chesser to get dropped for anyone.

You can't just pick sides based on age.
Maric played well in the wafl and shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place. I would prefer they play both Chesser and Maric.

Yes you can. We are in a rebuild and shouldn’t be playing guys like jones, Rotham and darling.

Answer my question and stop avoiding hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on what criteria they’re using to judge him on - wins or development. Maybe there’s been instructions to rotate players through over the next 7 weeks

It’d also be helpful if we knew who is on the match committee now Simpson has left. I doubt Schofield has as much sway over final selection as Simpson probably had for example

I can see the line coaches having more say over their respective lines

There’s at least four players that should have been dropped before Chesser. If we are serious about a rebuild jones, darling, Rotham, Luke edwards, witherden shouldn’t be ahead.
It's almost like Schofield was on the same match committee as Simmo and it's obvious the players who have been playing are the best we've got.(sad but there it is)
And no I don't think you have to give them a game to see if they can play, watching wafl and training is a fair indicator of how ready they are for AFL.

It's almost like Schofield was on the same match committee as Simmo and it's obvious the players who have been playing are the best we've got.(sad but there it is)
And no I don't think you have to give them a game to see if they can play, watching wafl and training is a fair indicator of how ready they are for AFL.
Guys like Rotham and jones have been bad in the afl mate. There’s absolutely no justification for playing them.

Maric played well in the wafl and shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place. I would prefer they play both Chesser and Maric.

Yes you can. We are in a rebuild and shouldn’t be playing guys like jones, Rotham and darling.

Answer my question and stop avoiding hahaha
I've answered your question several times.

I think Maric and Culley were both stiff to be dropped.
No you can't just pick a side based purely on age.
That's just ridiculous.

You seem to be of the opinion that Darling shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser which is strange.

I'm not dumping on Chesser and I hope he makes it.

But blindly defending someone who, let's face it, has been poor for a long time is madness.

The crux of your argument seems to be, everyone who is older than Chesser and playing badly shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser.

Don't worry so much about who you think shouldn't be playing in front if Chesser.

You should be asking yourself, does Chesser deserve a game based on his output.

It's not that hard if you want to take off your rose coloured glasses.

Last edited:
Not sure what Jamaine Jones adds to the team. Runs around like a headless chicken.
Abit like Zac Langdon, with worse disposal, and worse defensive effort.

Honestly all I want from teams is now JJ out, I can live with the rest.

Rotham is a 3rd tall(only in for structure), LEdwards/Culley/Trew are all on their last chances, Darling will miss some games before the end of the year regardless, and Brockman/Maric will play more than likely.

Honestly all I want from teams is now JJ out, I can live with the rest.

Rotham is a 3rd tall(only in for structure), LEdwards/Culley/Trew are all on their last chances, Darling will miss some games before the end of the year regardless, and Brockman/Maric will play more than likely.
L Edwards again.... if anything chesser should've been put in the forward and brockman on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back