Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want Culley and Trew both in at the same time, they both are only worth a list spot as a midfielder, and considering we have Reid, Yeo and Kelly who have to be in there we probably cant carry both of them.

Ideally one of them gets a game, the other doesnt. Give Trew a game this week for example, if hes good enough over 2 weeks then bring in Culley alongside him imo. If both suck then Hall gets a couple of games to end the year.

Idk why tf LEdwards is in the 26 man squad even, hopefully its just a last chance play well or get out sort of situation

Disagree, we are missing mid rotations. We seem to lack midfielders. Happy for Culley to play Mid/Fwd, Kelly to play HFF/Wing and onball and Trew to play onball to see what he can do.

I'd like to see Jones and Brockman in the team and for the team to try play a high pressure brand of footy, give away a few free kicks or whatever for "late" bumps but try get some pressure and turnover, try find that line that's acceptable and put away the corralling.

Dunno, but if Trew, Culley and LEdwards are in the team the opposing mids might find it easy to run off our guys.

I'd like to see either of Trew or Culley get 3 to 4 games in a row as midfielders, swap them out as needed. Not sure we need both in the team given we have Reid, Yeo and Kelly all playing at the moment with others like Ryan, Duggan, Ginbey and Brockman able to do a few relief minutes as mids.

Interchange should be Darling, Maric, Culley and Trew. Brockman as sub.
Hoping it won't be Luke Edwards for Chesser.
Both need to dominate WAFL before getting another chance.
Rotham and Jones to be omitted.

Disagree, we are missing mid rotations. We seem to lack midfielders. Happy for Culley to play Mid/Fwd, Kelly to play HFF/Wing and onball and Trew to play onball to see what he can do.
Most teams run 3-4 main guys, and then maybe 2 more on low CBAs which is basically what we do with Yeo/Reid/Kelly as our main guys, with Ginbey and Ryan the extras. We have Duggan, and Brockman who can go in there if required too.

Add one of Trew or Culley and we are overstocked, means Ginbey or Ryan miss out

Do not want Culley doing any role other than midfield, if hes forward hes just another slow tall, but far worse than our other talls

Available players not named in the extended squad

Gaff
Sheed*
Chesser
A Reid
Johnston
Flynn*
Hall
Barnett
Bazzo
Rawlinson
Baker
Livingstone
Dewar
Burgiel

* Were listed as test so may not be available

I’d most like to see Hall, Dewar, Johnston and Burgiel get some games before the season ends but not necessarily all at the same time. Bazzo too if he finds firm and fitness over the next month

Having Trew, Culley and Maric potentially come in to join Reid, Ginbey, Hough, J Williams and Hutchinson as younger/inexperienced players is a decent amount of youth (just) to be playing in the same side

Maric HBF (where I think he should play)
JJ subbed on and can play there if one goes down
Maric has been learning wing, do we want to throw him around to learn yet another role so soon? I dont think so.

Probably one for the offseason, and itll depend on who we recruit tbh

Can’t believe Schofield didn’t bring in all the elite kids Simmo was personally holding out of the side. Just a bunch of guys everyone on here has already decided are one paced and crap.

Very lukewarm response. Really makes you think.

Most teams run 3-4 main guys, and then maybe 2 more on low CBAs which is basically what we do with Yeo/Reid/Kelly as our main guys, with Ginbey and Ryan the extras. We have Duggan, and Brockman who can go in there if required too.

Add one of Trew or Culley and we are overstocked, means Ginbey or Ryan miss out

Do not want Culley doing any role other than midfield, if hes forward hes just another slow tall, but far worse than our other talls

Culley was showing promise as a forward, good mark, decent kick at goal, applies pressure. I was starting to think he could be a Langford type forward. Can go into the mid and around the ground but also kick a couple.
Don’t think he’s a pure mid though

I've answered your question several times.

I think Maric and Culley were both stiff to be dropped.
No you can't just pick a side based purely on age.
That's just ridiculous.

You seem to be of the opinion that Darling shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser which is strange.

I'm not dumping on Chesser and I hope he makes it.

But blindly defending someone who, let's face it, has been poor for a long time is madness.

The crux of your argument seems to be, everyone who is older than Chesser and playing badly shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser.

Don't worry so much about who you think shouldn't be playing in front if Chesser.

You should be asking yourself, does Chesser deserve a game based on his output.

It's not that hard if you want to take off your rose coloured glasses.
Half the team doesn’t deserve a game based on “output” tho. Thats where your logic falls flat.

We are not purely selecting teams based on their output. How have we not figured out that we are at the start of a half decade rebuild.

I strongly think that Rotham, jones and darlings should be dropped based on their output. I’m not sure how you can disagree with that.

Thats before even taking into account they are 5-10 years old of our young guys and have zero chance of being in our next premiership team.

Darling will be playing as the fourth tall in the forward line. He shouldn’t be playing in that role.

My view of things is just fine. I think your the one who moves on from this weird reality where shit 25+ year olds should be playing when there are clear alternatives.

Do you actually disagree with the “crux of my argument”. You are still ignoring my initial question.

Maric has been learning wing, do we want to throw him around to learn yet another role so soon? I dont think so.

Probably one for the offseason, and itll depend on who we recruit tbh
Played hbf in his draft year.

Don’t think there is much different about now or the off-season.

Or he’s there if you need to throw one back if TB or HEdwards goes down. Hunt can also go back and Ginbey if needed. Plenty of coverage for worst case scenario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent changes imo
Hopefully darling, rotham and Jones get spell for their own good.
Can't complain about Chesser. Rewarding form by bringing in Trew.

Yep

Happy enough so far too. Even with JWiliams on field and Darling on the bench it seems to be heading in the right direction

Alot depends on final teams tomorrow. Be disappointed to see Darling and Rotham in the final side

But why would sticking with the same shit 25 year olds who get beaten every week, expected to get him positive results?
I mean I think most people on this sub with half a brain know it’s dumb but they keep doing it.

He has 100% saved this post in the hope we have ANY late out to come back and bring it up and demand an apology.

And if all three play, of course they must’ve got through their super secret fitness tests.

Half the team doesn’t deserve a game based on “output” tho. Thats where your logic falls flat.

We are not purely selecting teams based on their output. How have we not figured out that we are at the start of a half decade rebuild.

I strongly think that Rotham, jones and darlings should be dropped based on their output. I’m not sure how you can disagree with that.

Thats before even taking into account they are 5-10 years old of our young guys and have zero chance of being in our next premiership team.

Darling will be playing as the fourth tall in the forward line. He shouldn’t be playing in that role.

My view of things is just fine. I think your the one who moves on from this weird reality where shit 25+ year olds should be playing when there are clear alternatives.

Do you actually disagree with the “crux of my argument”. You are still ignoring my initial question.
Well Jones, Rotham and Darling could all be dropped.
We don't know yet.

Would you be happy with side if they got dropped?
I doubt it because as long as Chesser isn't in the side, you obviously won't be happy.

Again, I don't think Jones should be in the side, but that doesn't mean I think Chesser does.

I've forgotten your original question.

The argument for retaining Chesser would be that on the gimp wing, all you can do is play like a gimp. So he’s been following instructions.

But seriously, he needs some confidence. He’s athletic, he’s got decent enough skills, and I think there’s at least an OK player there. He just needs to run around and learn to get hold of the footy. He can come back in when he can actually contribute.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a good squad. Chesser, a stint in the WAFL probably won't hurt, needs to find more footy and needs to have a role that allows him to do so.

I've answered your question several times.

I think Maric and Culley were both stiff to be dropped.
No you can't just pick a side based purely on age.
That's just ridiculous.

You seem to be of the opinion that Darling shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser which is strange.

I'm not dumping on Chesser and I hope he makes it.

But blindly defending someone who, let's face it, has been poor for a long time is madness.

The crux of your argument seems to be, everyone who is older than Chesser and playing badly shouldn't be playing instead of Chesser.

Don't worry so much about who you think shouldn't be playing in front if Chesser.

You should be asking yourself, does Chesser deserve a game based on his output.

It's not that hard if you want to take off your rose coloured glasses.
Well articulated, agreed.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back