Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Name me one player who has made it work via this arrangement?
I remember Ed was saying he could do this for Beams when he first left us in 2014....and that was knocked on the head pretty quickly.

Its a fallacy.

The club IMO do not trust or believe that Adam can make this work knowing his mental profile.
Correct

Maybe the Treloar stuff is just a ruse to inflate the value of next year's pick. Make it seem like we're clearing the decks for a rebuild so some numpty, let's call him Dodoro, is duped into trading their first this year for ours next year. Then we get rid of some of the dead wood, make up with Adz and all of a sudden we've got an early pick, our own first and still have Treloar at the club.

I would like the Treloar matter clarified by the club. If they don't make a statement, then I hope the reason is because they are in amicable negotiations with Adam and his people and are keeping it in camera. We are not privy to the real goings on here, but if that is not the case, it is a disgrace to the club.
We all would but the club and Adam owe nobody any public statements until the matter is sorted.
Im well an truly of the opinion that the club is very concerned for Adam given he will be separated from his young family for an extended period of time.
There is both a human and business element to this situation and any comments at the moment will only be misconstrued or maybe come back to bite all concerned later on.

Without catching up on 17 pages it sounds like the Treloar scenario is a complete mess and heads should be rolled. If not sure if he wants to go to QLD or VIC but if it’s Gold Coast then pick 5 has to be the minimum, I’d want another first as well seeing as we got him for two firsts and his value is higher now. These conversations reported are probably true but I could not see the club being so blunt about it after giving him a huge Contract last season. There’s a chance we could have 3 picks before Reef I’d personally trade one or a few of them out to try and attract some mature age talent but then we are just going back round in circles.

The club think we are in the window but want to trade one of our best midfielders total madness. I seriously doubt sidey and pendles will get another premiership which is a shame.

I understand what you are saying but if we wanted to keep him we’d make it work.

If the same thing happened to Bont at the Dogs or Fyfe at the Dockers and they didn’t want to lose him they’d put support around him, allow him to travel up there regularly etc and make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's not Fyfe and not the Bont.

Who cares if we have to pay 400k a year. Just pay the man, we need to take a risk to improve if we don’t this group will continue to slide. Would rather take a risk chasing a flag than risk nothing and stay mid table
I agree with you we need to do something.
You do realise that Peter Wright’s stats are almost the same as Hogan’s. It’s easy to get swept up in the romance and hype about Hogan but the reality is, his numbers say he’s no better than Wright.
And that’s with Wright playing in teams that have struggled far more than the teams Hogan has played in.
Wright is 18mths younger, hasn’t had the serious injuries, mental health issues or behavioural problems or drug problems that Hogan has, and he is a much bigger KPF than Hogan. He towers over Hogan.
Both have considerable upside, however Wright has by far less downside.

The club think we are in the window but want to trade one of our best midfielders total madness. I seriously doubt sidey and pendles will get another premiership which is a shame.
We had 2018 and lost it. That was it. We're not going to win a flag with Treloar either. Miles well build the future.

Hello

As a non-Collingwood person, can someone explain WTF happened here?

To an outsider it seems as though you've gone

Elite player -> big contract -> get rid of him five months later

Were the contracts people not talking to the coaching staff or something?

It honestly sounds like something Carlton would do, not you guys.

regards
The wooden spooners

Our clubs a shambles. In terms of management/coaching/list management

Really does give the club a bad look , as much as people want to make it out like its a "business" You dont have this publically played out in the media and not have the club make a proper statement. Just looks really amateurish.

Feel like not renewing my membership , which doesnt mean much as one person not renewing. But i feel like the clubs lost the plot in ironically the time Bucks has been involved .

Sorry for the intrusion, just a few general questions.

Treloar has 5 years left on his contract, is it heavily back-ended as reported?
To get pick 5 from GC, how much of Treloars contract do you think Pies would have to cough up?

Looks like an incredibly bad situation, but jeez if you can get Pick 5 out of GC for him you'd drop him off at the airport.

I mean, they did trade Pick 11 this year for Pick 27 or something to Geelong last year, so.....

Solid player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Rendell talked about AT today made me feel as if the club almost has to be cruel to be kind to Adam in this situation. He described him as almost obsessive compulsive, and talked about how he relied on his girls for balance in his life (paraphrasing) and that despite Adams insistence he wants to stay in Vic, he doesn’t think he’ll handle it well when push comes to shove. There’s a lot of narrative around his salary too, but if push came to shove we could make that work. Cap relief is just a side benefit we’d get from his departure. It sounds like the clubs main concern is that AT won’t cope with the girls in Qld and need time off/have his form affected by their absence, hence the push from them for him to make the move.
This is what it sounds like too me as well, all the media are trying to do is make people read there story

Name me one player who has made it work via this arrangement?

Chris Langford and Andrew McKay....

Matt Rendall said on the late trade the the Club and Treloar management came to an agreement last year that his contract would be heavily backended so Treloar would play for less early on to ease the cap pressure (This season). He believes the number will be around 900k per season from here on which now Collingwood don't want to pay so are now putting him up for sale essentially.

The Club owes us supporters an answer, I'm seriously contemplating not renewing my membership this season. Has left a rather sour taste in my mouth with the way the Club has treated this situation along with Adam doing the right thing for the club this year with his personal contract.

What type of example does this set for attracting future players and dealing with player managers etc..

Putting the media catastrophising aside.

The sad reality is the club is in a no win situation re AT - regardless of what trade is done.

The club will be painted as bastards by the media if he goes, and seen as spineless by a large group of supporters if he stays, and then has issues which impact his contribution in 2021.

I have only one hope, and that is the playing group is aware there is far more compassion involved here, and that the clubs reluctance in not wanting to keep AT, is borne out of concern for both his and his families welfare.

Last edited:
Our clubs a shambles. In terms of management/coaching/list management

Really does give the club a bad look , as much as people want to make it out like its a "business" You dont have this publically played out in the media and not have the club make a proper statement. Just looks really amateurish.

Feel like not renewing my membership , which doesnt mean much as one person not renewing. But i feel like the clubs lost the plot in ironically the time Bucks has been involved .
Do you really want to club to fall in line, take the media bait and make a statement on this while the process/ negotiation is taking place. What would you have the club say right now that will help at present? It seems to me they are working with AT that will result him agreeing to a trade and when details on that are worked through then you would expect a comment from , perhaps, both parties.
Apart from a question in the presser, the club have not commented on the contractual position for next year re JDG as far as i am aware. Would you like a statement on that given it will likely end differently? ( JDG will stay )
The above comments only relate to the handling of the matter; I'm as disappointed and upset for AT as the next Collingwood supporter and sincerely hope he achieves a good outcome for himself and family. He has given his all for the club no doubt.

I recall feeling a little as you do. when the club traded Chris Tarrant, ironically during MM's time. Trading by its nature means there will always be a percentage of players upset by the process.

If I was Ads I would say F You Collingwood I am staying and you pay me every cent you owe

Why?

He has a contract with the Collingwood football club to be available to train, to play, for rehab, promotional purposes, for team meetings and media requirements.

It is him and his missus who have made an arrangement that requires Treloar to compromise all of the those things he agreed to do in return for compensation, and expecting the club to make arrangements to suit them.

It may only be for this year, but it may be longer. His value will lessen with each year, especially if he misses games with injury or travelling purposes. They are the ones who created this situation, and if the CFC have deemed this to be an unacceptable situation, then Treloar should accommodate them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back