Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Which part. You’re spoilt for choice.
Well the first of all
Everyone saying pies need to be a big player this trade period make hard calls be ruthless- then the Treloar story pops up and everyone has a meltdown and want Collingwood to burn
I’m not saying that if the reports are true we have gone the right way but I highly doubt that’s the case

Before the stories everyone wanted to trade him anyway because he is on to much money (which no One actual knows) and poor disposal and a liability Etc

i know it’s been a tough year but sweet jesus everyone calm down and relax

Mate if you can’t identify that he’s talking out his arse I feel sorry for you. He literally said yesterday that he was making guesses in regards to our salary cap etc.

No need to feel sorry mate I'm only going off what a former long time employee of the club said regarding the contract of Treloar from his own mouth.

So you are relying on the media click bait in deciding our culture is imploding - For your own sanilty, that's an emotional roller coaster you need to jump off asap.

Nope. The public humiliation of Treloar by a club I love is piss poor. They did it to him this time last year, extended his contract and now seemingly have changed their minds. My confidence in Collingwood's player management is now close to zero. It's not about Treloar specifically, more that all the other players (and supporters) are entitled to ask WTF is going on and do the Pies list management team know what they are doing. All this can't help but impact negatively on the club's culture.

No need to feel sorry mate I'm only going off what a former long time employee of the club said regarding the contract of Treloar from his own mouth.
A former, pretty clearly disgruntled employee judging by the very clear porkies he’s willing to tell and you’re willing to swallow.

I've always feared our decision to expand our "brand" into women's football and netball would one day come back to bite us.

I naturally figured it would be in the form of a sexual assault or harassment allegation against one of our players but it turns out it was a love story.

Honestly if his partner hopes to represent Australia again, that is her primary motivation and she is at that level of talent why aren't the Victorian clubs lining up for her signature first?

Regardless of her talent with a new baby and a partner with an earning capacity 20 times her own surely if any compromise needs to be made for the benefit of their family it falls on her as harsh as that sounds.

FMD.

Once again and only at Collingwood could we find yet another unique way to sabotage ourselves.

P.S- As for netball we need to scrap our association IMO and expect if our football club members were surveyed 9 out of 10 would care little for that competition, the team do nothing for our "brand" as they finished stone motherless last this year and in a COVID-19 world where savings need to be found that is one obvious area.

Nope. The public humiliation of Treloar by a club I love is piss poor. They did it to him this time last year, extended his contract and now seemingly have changed their minds. My confidence in Collingwood's player management is now close to zero. It's not about Treloar specifically, more that all the other players (and supporters) are entitled to ask WTF is going on and do the Pies list management team know what they are doing. All this can't help but impact negatively on the club's culture.

As a club why would our culture be dictated or influenced by the fake news of an external narrative?
You are siding with, and allowing the media to dictate your view of the club instead of looking at the issue objectively and asking whether this fits with what you know about how the club operates.
Do you actually think AT has been effectively told to f?ck off, as the media would have us believe?

Last edited:
I had a quick scroll through the main board chat on Treloar and after some Norf dickhead claiming hes worth a 3rd round pick AT BEST i decided thats enough main board for today. :tearsofjoy: 🤦‍♂️

There would be 10% of the posters at this website with who you could have a rational trade discussion.

Treloar is not a fit for us now anyway, and we're certainly not a fit for him.

How dare the club make list changes to chase a flag...

Shame on them.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the top end of our list, which is what they're hitting if they trade Treloar. The issue is that our game plan sucks and our role players are either slow or poor in a contest, so we don't keep it alive at ground level or apply enough pressure.

I've always feared our decision to expand our "brand" into women's football and netball would one day come back to bite us.

I naturally figured it would be in the form of a sexual assault or harassment allegation against one of our players but it turns out it was a love story.

Honestly if his partner hopes to represent Australia again, that is her primary motivation and she is at that level of talent why aren't the Victorian clubs lining up for her signature first?

Regardless of her talent with a new baby and a partner with an earning capacity 20 times her own surely if any compromise needs to be made for the benefit of their family it falls on her as harsh as that sounds.

FMD.

Once again and only at Collingwood could we find yet another unique way to sabotage ourselves.

P.S- As for netball we need to scrap our association IMO and expect if our football club members were surveyed 9 out of 10 would care little for that competition, the team do nothing for our "brand" as they finished stone motherless last this year and in a COVID-19 world where savings need to be found that is one obvious area.

100% agree.

We need to ask the "Focus on Football" group, their charge out rates. Prior to them coming along, Richmond had won nada in over 30 years.

They woke up the sleeping Tiger.

Someone needs to do the same with Eduardo. Forget netball and all the other side shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on. They came to an agreement last year? So he’s trying to say that in year 1 of this “agreement” he played for so little that for the next 5 years we’re paying him $900k? I’m calling 100% massive steaming pile of bullshit on that one. The only way that’s possible is if we agreed on $750k per year and he played for nothing this year. How on earth do people willingly swallow this garbage without even questioning it????

and if he did do this for the benefit of the club and then they are shafting him

highly unlikely

As a club why woukd our culture be dictated or influenced by the fake news of an external narrative?
You are siding with, and allowing the media to dictate your view of the club instead of looking at the issue objectively and asking whether this fits with what you know about how the club operates.
Do you actually think AT has been effectively told to f?ck off, as the media would have us believe?

It's not fake news. If it was Collingwood would have said so immediately. I understand that there might be other ' trade plays' happening that prevent Collingwood saying too much, but my issue is more that what logic is there in shopping the bloke around last year, then extending his contract to five years and then start shopping him again this year! That's bad business, bad optics, bad for morale and doesn't pass the the pub test either.

So.. No Gunston. Merrett. Jetta..
But we're trying to offload Treloar? for what exactly, if we're not gonna get anyone big.

For salary cap relief to retain our key players.
Also sounds like we will go young via the draft this year and next ...it’s been a while since we have had multiple first round choices —and by god we need to nail them too

Chris Langford and Andrew McKay....

In the last 10-15 years?

i hope rendell remembers that nobody would touch him with a ten foot pole before we gave him a lifeline.
He clearly doesn’t. Enjoying his 5 minutes in the spot light too much to care about burning bridges.

It's not fake news. If it was Collingwood would have said so immediately. I understand that there might be other ' trade plays' happening that prevent Collingwood saying too much, but my issue is more that what logic is there in shopping the bloke around last year, then extending his contract to five years and then start shopping him again this year! That's bad business, bad optics, bad for morale and doesn't pass the the pub test either.

Firstly, GC enquired about Treloar last year during discussions about their pick 1 in the draft. AT was asked by the club if he wanted to leave and declined. It now seems we entertained the trade, knowing of his wife probable QLD move.
He was therefore never shopped around in 2019.
If you actually believe the media have the story correct, and we are treating AT as appalling as reported, then thats entirely your choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back