Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

By saying they want him gone has just diminished his trade value. We will be lucky to get a late 1st round and it is all our fault

Funny most of the melts on here are about the club not saying anything about the Treloar trade now you and others saying the club has said they
don't want him

The outcome here will depend on whether we can afford Treloar, but don't want to have to, or if we genuinely need to offload him to stay under the cap.

If it's the former, we'll get a good price for him at the trade table. If this is the outcome, I can live with it if we trade well.

If it's the latter, we'll be taken to the cleaners and get way unders for him in a trade. If this is the outcome, heads need to roll at the club. Just shouldn't happen, especially after Mayne, Wells and Beams.

The outcome here will depend on whether we can afford Treloar, but don't want to have to, or if we genuinely need to offload him to stay under the cap.

If it's the former, we'll get a good price for him at the trade table. If this is the outcome, I can live with it if we trade well.

If it's the latter, we'll be taken to the cleaners and get way unders for him in a trade. If this is the outcome, heads need to roll at the club. Just wouldn't happen, especially after Mayne, Wells and Beams.

If it is to happen pick 5 and Wright and I would be content.

5 from GCS for Treloar.

12 from WBD for future first.

Keep 14, 35 and 37 and try to trade up on draft night. Could possibly trade 12 & 14 for Essendon's pick 6 (or 7 Daniher compo?) if they'll have it.

I'm not against this as it really sets up our list post Pendelbury/Sidebottom etc. Plus we'll get Reef this year and Daicos next on top of those picks. I'd want to try and get a top 2 pick though to get McDonald.

The only issue is that this approach is almost a concession that this list is no longer in the premiership window. But perhaps could be again within 2-3 years if we nail the picks.

I had a quick scroll through the main board chat on Treloar and after some Norf dickhead claiming hes worth a 3rd round pick AT BEST i decided thats enough main board for today. :tearsofjoy: 🤦‍♂️
They’re just bitter that they’re going to get a pack of chips for Brown when they were circle jerking over the prospect of getting a couple of firsts from us a few weeks ago.

If it's the latter, we'll be taken to the cleaners and get way unders for him in a trade. If this is the outcome, heads need to roll at the club. Just shouldn't happen, especially after Mayne, Wells and Beams.
GC seem pretty keen to trade pick 5 for Treloar.

Sorry for the intrusion, just a few general questions.

Treloar has 5 years left on his contract, is it heavily back-ended as reported?
He has 1 year left on his current contract. His new 4 year contract starts in 2022. How would any of us know how it’s structured? Regardless, why should it matter? In a contract spread over 5 years the club taking it on should be able to structure it however they see fit.
To get pick 5 from GC, how much of Treloars contract do you think Pies would have to cough up?
Given nobody really knows what he’s on, this is a question that can’t really be answered.
Looks like an incredibly bad situation, but jeez if you can get Pick 5 out of GC for him you'd drop him off at the airport.

I mean, they did trade Pick 11 this year for Pick 27 or something to Geelong last year, so.....

Solid player.
If we can get? He’s worth every bit of pick 5. I’d prefer we keep him tbh, but with his fiancée and daughter moving to qld it seems that him moving with them would be the best for both Adam and then. FWIW, I doubt this ha much, if anything to do with the cap space narrative. It’s more to do with Collingwoods concern over Adams ability to live away from the people who are the most vital to him maintaining his mental health, and what might happen if he decides mid year next year that he needs time off to be with them.

Matt Rendall said on the late trade the the Club and Treloar management came to an agreement last year that his contract would be heavily backended so Treloar would play for less early on to ease the cap pressure (This season). He believes the number will be around 900k per season from here on which now Collingwood don't want to pay so are now putting him up for sale essentially.

The Club owes us supporters an answer, I'm seriously contemplating not renewing my membership this season. Has left a rather sour taste in my mouth with the way the Club has treated this situation along with Adam doing the right thing for the club this year with his personal contract.

What type of example does this set for attracting future players and dealing with player managers etc..
Matt Rendell doesn’t speak for the club.

Matt Rendall said on the late trade the the Club and Treloar management came to an agreement last year that his contract would be heavily backended so Treloar would play for less early on to ease the cap pressure (This season). He believes the number will be around 900k per season from here on which now Collingwood don't want to pay so are now putting him up for sale essentially.

The Club owes us supporters an answer, I'm seriously contemplating not renewing my membership this season. Has left a rather sour taste in my mouth with the way the Club has treated this situation along with Adam doing the right thing for the club this year with his personal contract.

What type of example does this set for attracting future players and dealing with player managers etc..
Hang on. They came to an agreement last year? So he’s trying to say that in year 1 of this “agreement” he played for so little that for the next 5 years we’re paying him $900k? I’m calling 100% massive steaming pile of bullshit on that one. The only way that’s possible is if we agreed on $750k per year and he played for nothing this year. How on earth do people willingly swallow this garbage without even questioning it????

Our clubs a shambles. In terms of management/coaching/list management

Really does give the club a bad look , as much as people want to make it out like its a "business" You dont have this publically played out in the media and not have the club make a proper statement. Just looks really amateurish.

Feel like not renewing my membership , which doesnt mean much as one person not renewing. But i feel like the clubs lost the plot in ironically the time Bucks has been involved .
I'm feeling the same so I'm guessing there is a few of us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on. They came to an agreement last year? So he’s trying to say that in year 1 of this “agreement” he played for so little that for the next 5 years we’re paying him $900k? I’m calling 100% massive steaming pile of bullshit on that one. The only way that’s possible is if we agreed on $750k per year and he played for nothing this year. How on earth do people willingly swallow this garbage without even questioning it????
Your steaming pile of bullshit was more polite than I was thinking.
It pays to completely ignore the media and any individuals who are Ex-employees or not employed by the club and the media.
Until I hear it from the club and AT, I’m not taking anything I hear or read seriously.

Hello

As a non-Collingwood person, can someone explain WTF happened here?

To an outsider it seems as though you've gone

Elite player -> big contract -> get rid of him five months later

Were the contracts people not talking to the coaching staff or something?

It honestly sounds like something Carlton would do, not you guys.

regards
The wooden spooners
I'm hoping a lot of it is a beat up caused by unhappy ex employee (Rendall) shooting his mouth to try and stay relevant.

Why?

He has a contract with the Collingwood football club to be available to train, to play, for rehab, promotional purposes, for team meetings and media requirements.

It is him and his missus who have made an arrangement that requires Treloar to compromise all of the those things he agreed to do in return for compensation, and expecting the club to make arrangements to suit them.

It may only be for this year, but it may be longer. His value will lessen with each year, especially if he misses games with injury or travelling purposes. They are the ones who created this situation, and if the CFC have deemed this to be an unacceptable situation, then Treloar should accommodate them.

The only small positive, is that the club will now be under the pump to do something, or they are going to look bloody stupid lol.

I also think it was incredibly silly, to extend Treloar for four years - the guy had pinged both hammies at the same time. Hardly a great starting point when looking to extend a contract.

And if the salary cap is that messed up, that it led to Treloar having to extend the contract to spread the payments, then imo Hine should no longer be employed at the club. That is a monumental stuff up.

Apparently that's what he said around this time last year they did the deal, 2020 was a significant pay cut and 2021 was/is roughly 800k and it would peak @ 900k this is over 5 years so maybe not every season I can't quite recall the exact statement made by Rendell but it was along those lines.

Has not been a great day, PR/narrative-wise, for the club. In fact, it's one of our worst in some time IMO.

Regardless of the accuracy of the Treloar story, it puts the club, football department and management in a poor, unprofessional light that could damage our attempts to manage the playing group and recruit future talent.

Really interesting for me to see how they approach the next week or so.

If I was running the media dept, I would be knocking on the door of Ned Guy, Hyne & Buckley, discussing talking points and trying to salvage some reputation and improve our standing both publicly and within the industry going into day 1 of trade week.

If I'm a rival player looking in, Collingwood are beginning to look like an unorganised mess. Historically, a salary cap crisis typically foreshadows a dramatic exodus and fall down the ladder.

I don't think it's anywhere near that bad and in fact we don't have a single player who has requested a trade, but the optics are looking terrible.

Knowing how they've (and by 'they', I mean our media dept, football dept and Phil Walsh) always operated, what will happen is we'll remain dead quiet, hold our cards to our chest, do what we can to mediate the situation privately and back ourselves to ride out the rising wave of speculation and innuendo.

Christ, it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

A bad PR day .....hmmm

I'm not sure a complete beat up by the media is something to be so concerned about, particularly on Trade Radio which no one listens too, and surely cant take anything said on their too seriously.

I want the club to be focused on delivering a better list - short term pain for long term gain. The mass hysteria generated on this board about the clubs supposed actions in relation to Treloar are staggering. If AT was to move on he will be well (very well)remunerated and supported by his new club, and likewise if he stays at the PIES nothing changes.

I think as an industry, AFL has to grow up a little and see player movement as a much needed part of the game. We should be seeing more of it, and fans embracing the movement. Player have held sway and have too much power presently, and clubs ought to have the right to trade players.

Apparently that's what he said around this time last year they did the deal, 2020 was a significant pay cut and 2021 was/is roughly 800k and it would peak @ 900k this is over 5 years so maybe not every season I can't quite recall the exact statement made by Rendell but it was along those lines.
Mate if you can’t identify that he’s talking out his arse I feel sorry for you. He literally said yesterday that he was making guesses in regards to our salary cap etc.

I
Why?

He has a contract with the Collingwood football club to be available to train, to play, for rehab, promotional purposes, for team meetings and media requirements.

It is him and his missus who have made an arrangement that requires Treloar to compromise all of the those things he agreed to do in return for compensation, and expecting the club to make arrangements to suit them.

It may only be for this year, but it may be longer. His value will lessen with each year, especially if he misses games with injury or travelling purposes. They are the ones who created this situation, and if the CFC have deemed this to be an unacceptable situation, then Treloar should accommodate them.
I'd be very surprised if any player had a contract that stipulated where his partner had to live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back