Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

The most disgraceful thing about Adam Treloar is the unsubstantiated rumours being peddled by filthy journo’s like Tim Elbra, Andrew McMurtry, Nic Savage, Russell Gould (apologies to any hacks I’ve missed) and ex-players such as Cornes, Lloyd et al.

Rant over.

I’ve seen a Treloar story saying we offered him to GC last year as a way of trying to get pick 1 or 2.

Going to GC now isn’t so bad, they have some direction and promise. Last year it looked very grim.

Pick 5 is a good return for a guy that is on huge money, bad hamstrings and is a bad kick.

Yep, if we can get a top 10 pick for AT we take it and run.

Name me one player who has made it work via this arrangement?
I remember Ed was saying he could do this for Beams when he first left us in 2014....and that was knocked on the head pretty quickly.

Its a fallacy.

The club IMO do not trust or believe that Adam can make this work knowing his mental profile.
Didn’t say player? You know the misso can also visit from brissy.

Trade Radio etc. keep talking about this as if we only want his salary gone. I would've thought this could be resolved by trading Phillips...?
Forcing Phillips out of the club whilst under contract isn't as sexy as the Treloar story.

Hello

As a non-Collingwood person, can someone explain WTF happened here?

To an outsider it seems as though you've gone

Elite player -> big contract -> get rid of him five months later

Were the contracts people not talking to the coaching staff or something?

It honestly sounds like something Carlton would do, not you guys.

regards
The wooden spooners

Name me one player who has made it work via this arrangement?
I remember Ed was saying he could do this for Beams when he first left us in 2014....and that was knocked on the head pretty quickly.

Its a fallacy.

The club IMO do not trust or believe that Adam can make this work knowing his mental profile.

Agree - Beams taught us a lot.

The club is rightly acting cautiously with AT in navigating his wishes to stay, against the reality of the impact on him, of his changed circumstances in 2021.

When did this contract restructure occur? Was it to create space for Beams?

Serious question, so please take it at face value.

Do any pies fans have the inkling that this latest list issue (Treloar), is an ongoing exercise in patching up a heavily invested game plan that hasn't delivered?

Bad handling by the club.
Signed him up in 2019 and then tried to trade him
Now trying again

Supporters complain that players don’t want to come here and aren’t nominating us (I can see why) and here is a player who wanted to and got his wish and has bleed for the club been (for me ) top 7 player for the last four years hasn’t missed a heap of games until this year

And now the rumour he isn’t coachable when did that happen. Straight after he signed his new contract ?

There needs to be changes in the office at the Holden centre. And I actually hope he says no I’m not going to be traded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Morris just on SEN "This will end in tears, Treloar adamant he wants to be at the club and the Pies are adamant they want to trade him"

Absolute disgrace by the club in general. List mismanagement run by amateurs. I hope you win a flag somewhere Ad's this club doesn't deserve you it's run by a pack of imbeciles...

Ned Guy should walk what a total mess....

Hello

As a non-Collingwood person, can someone explain WTF happened here?

To an outsider it seems as though you've gone

Elite player -> big contract -> get rid of him five months later

Were the contracts people not talking to the coaching staff or something?

It honestly sounds like something Carlton would do, not you guys.

regards
The wooden spooners

The list manager failed basic accounting and is throwing too much money at players to stay then realising they ****ed up

The first contract out the door in January was a 7 year, $7 million contract to a ruckman who will never win anyone a premiership putting the cap under pressure.

Now far superior players aren’t going to accept unders when they see that and now someone has to go

The fact it’s Treloar, Cox, Phillips all being pushed out instead of the whole cause of this is disgraceful.

Pies are just learning from their mistake with Beams... Mental health is used and enforced by players and their agents... Which is fair.... But the team suffers greatly..

Treloar having his kid and wife in Queensland... Especially with their age group... And plan to enlarge their family.

That will affect him. Of course he will say it is perfectly fine... Why would you think otherwise? You don't want to scare your team to make decisions to benefit the franchise.... But Treloar is a risk.. A real risk of someone who will require time off to spend time with family.

His contract is also another risk because his value will just get worse if the risk becomes an issue and pies have to trade him... Queensland based teams would offer a fish and chips pack for him and Pies are leveraged badly.
Perfectly put!

I'm confident he wants to go and we're taking one for the team so to speak, saving his reputation.

But some people are carrying on like kids.

Can I ask what you’re basing that confidence on? It looks clear as anything to me that we have completely mismanaged this situation once again.

We back ended his deal, then when we couldn’t pay him we back ended it again over several years and now that we still can’t afford it, we’re trying to offload him.

If we struggled to attract big name players before, imagine how hard it is going to be now that all this has come out. Who would want to come here now?

And I’ll tell you what else, when we go to some other player already on our list and ask them to extend and back load their deals they will run a mile. Why would they trust the club enough to back load their deal, when they’ve seen what our next move might be?

We can blame the media all we want, but the fact is we’ve stuffed this up badly, it’s obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like the Treloar matter clarified by the club. If they don't make a statement, then I hope the reason is because they are in amicable negotiations with Adam and his people and are keeping it in camera. We are not privy to the real goings on here, but if that is not the case, it is a disgrace to the club.

Yeah she will just regularly be boarding flights back to Melb with the 1yr old....
Maybe not regularly but I’m sure her and Adz have discussed it. Their choice.
listen mate, I don’t want an argument just my opinion. I hate people telling me what’s good for me and I’m sure Adz does not as well. Just wish him all the best.
thanks for the sarcasm

Has not been a great day, PR/narrative-wise, for the club. In fact, it's one of our worst in some time IMO.

Regardless of the accuracy of the Treloar story, it puts the club, football department and management in a poor, unprofessional light that could damage our attempts to manage the playing group and recruit future talent.

Really interesting for me to see how they approach the next week or so.

If I was running the media dept, I would be knocking on the door of Ned Guy, Hyne & Buckley, discussing talking points and trying to salvage some reputation and improve our standing both publicly and within the industry going into day 1 of trade week.

If I'm a rival player looking in, Collingwood are beginning to look like an unorganised mess. Historically, a salary cap crisis typically foreshadows a dramatic exodus and fall down the ladder.

I don't think it's anywhere near that bad and in fact we don't have a single player who has requested a trade, but the optics are looking terrible.

Knowing how they've (and by 'they', I mean our media dept, football dept and Phil Walsh) always operated, what will happen is we'll remain dead quiet, hold our cards to our chest, do what we can to mediate the situation privately and back ourselves to ride out the rising wave of speculation and innuendo.

Christ, it's going to be a long couple of weeks.

The Buckley & Eddie hatters gunning to keep the likes of Treloar & Phillips and calling for injustice & want to give the boys a cuddle - FMD, this is the sort of stuff that's got us into trouble and we now probably realized that we need to get out of this shit mess we find ourselves in. Treloar, Phillips & Grundy for that matter need to GTFO, lets start to rebuild into the team we once were or get left behind forever.

The Buckley & Eddie hatters gunning to keep the likes of Treloar & Phillips and calling for injustice & want to give the boys a cuddle - FMD, this is the sort of stuff that's got us into trouble and we now probably realized that we need to get out of this sh*t mess we find ourselves in. Treloar, Phillips & Grundy for that matter need to GTFO, lets start to rebuild into the team we once were or get left behind forever.
I'm a Bucks and Ed hater and I want the list rebuilt

I don't care what you think about Adz, whether you think he's the worst kick in the comp, or whatever, what I do know is that he loves this club, works his ass off to get the ball, often the only one who can, and gives 110%. What an absolute disgrace this is. I'm ashamed to be a supporter of this club right now.

Best that way make some "bold" moves this trade period, absolutely fall off a cliff, then Bucks can piss off and we can do a mini rebuild with the solid core of youngsters we have.

Hope Adz's mental health is doing OK with all this sh*t. And fu** those Media dogs, they would love him to neck himself just so they can get more headlines.

Ripping out the heart and soul of this club so Bucks can get a shot at a flag. So close, yet so far Bucks, you're finished in my books. Flog

Mate, go have a lie down. We don't know the facts and if we go taking everything Tommy Morris says as gospel than God help us.

Let's just see what plays out first.

Serious question, so please take it at face value.

Do any pies fans have the inkling that this latest list issue (Treloar), is an ongoing exercise in patching up a heavily invested game plan that hasn't delivered?
I think it’s a combination of;
a) poor list management in terms of contracts offered,
b) being stung by Dayne Beams’ mental heath situation and taking a “fool me twice” outlook,
c) opportunity cost of passing on a top-five pick when we’ve had such dismal luck with our first-rounders in the last 10 years.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s an element of Treloar not being suited to our “ideal” (defensive, boring, timid) gamestyle but I think Treloar the player is as advertised, and the coach in place is still the same one who ticked off trading for him. I believe that “difficult to coach” thing is just spin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back