n4sir

All Australian
Feb 23, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Miami Dolphins, Boston Celtics
Hi all. I thought there would already be a thread on this? (please merge it if this is the case)

I saw on the news that tomorrow night is the AFL Midseason draft.

They did a piece on Jez McLennan saying that both us and Collingwood are interested in him, and that we have three picks (due to long term injuries and retirements).

What do you guys think? I pretty much know (suspect) we have a pick committed to Murray, but other than that?

Last edited:
Hi all. I thought there would already be a thread on this? (please merge it if this is the case)

I saw on the news that tomorrow night is the AFL Midseason draft.

They did a piece on Jen McLennan saying that both us and Collingwood are interested in him, and that we have three picks (due to long term injuries and retirements).

What do you guys think? I pretty much know (suspect) we have a pick committed to Murray, but other than that?
They put out a short video with Ogilvie on the club socials, at most we will take 2 picks, definitely won’t be all 3.

Wouldn't mind us having a look at 206cm athletic Ruckman Ajang Kol Mun a Kenyan born Sudanese refugee who only switched from soccer last year and lit up the Geelong Football and Netball League for cellar dwellers Anakie.This led to a host of VFL clubs chasing him for season 2024 eventually signing with Geelong VFL where he's showing great potential for someone with his limited background in aussie rules.. I doubt there's any player with more untapped potential available in this MSD.

Wouldn't mind us having a look at 206cm athletic Ruckman Ajang Kol Mun a Kenyan born Sudanese refugee who only switched from soccer last year and lit up the Geelong Football and Netball League for cellar dwellers Anakie.This led to a host of VFL clubs chasing him for season 2024 eventually signing with Geelong VFL where he's showing great potential for someone with his limited background in aussie rules.. I doubt there's any player with more untapped potential available in this MSD.

Plenty of recycled players that aren't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Kobe Ryan, think he would be fantastic for us. I midfielder that runs all day and can kick a goal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At some point he’ll get drafted and then a fair chance every other team will question why they didn’t draft him years ago.

Hopefully we give him that opportunity.

Joe Pike (Geelong Falcons ruckman) got a mention in the Age as someone we might look at, too

But I suspect it’s gonna be Turray and McLennan

Plenty of recycled players that aren't good enough.
Some decent prospects that aren't too like lads just out of U18's or still playing U18's as overagers that were on club radars last draft i.e. Geordie Payne, Will McLachlan, Noah Howes, Oskar Smartt, Joe Pike, Remy McLean, Liam Kershaw, Cam Nyko, Tobyn Murray, Dayten Eurata...I'won't be surprised if 4 or 5 maybe more of them get picked up.

Because most of the players available are spuds

Seems like it’s Murray and McLennan

That’s about as good as it gets

Would like Payne but seems he will be gone. There are a few forwards performing well so wouldn’t mind a small to medium forward - particularly if Hayward has indicated no

Doesn’t seem to be as much noise about Noah Howes lately, a few weeks ago he seemed to be a certain draftee

He still is one of the few that had a medical - which apparently means multiple clubs have shown interest. Did okay in the u18 game on the weekend

Would like Payne but seems he will be gone. There are a few forwards performing well so wouldn’t mind a small to medium forward - particularly if Hayward has indicated no

It's Will McLachlan for you then....unfortunately I think he's gone well before our pick but Oskar Smartt might slip through...

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide AFL 2024 Midseason Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back